Sign in to follow this  
Perky Canary

A view from a...plastic?

So a couple of years a go I had no interest in football what so ever, yet now I live for the weekends and thrive off of all things related to football. I used too know nothing about the game, and once my friends convinced me to go out and have a kick about, I soon fell in love with the game and began watching matches, and Norwich being my local team, I soon fell in love with the club. A couple years down the road I am yet to feel the pain of relegation that so many of you have had to suffer. Weather or not this makes me a so called "plastic" I''ll leave you too decide but through my short affair with football I have always looked at this forum, and now it has become a daily thing.

But enough about me, this is about the boys in yellow and the canaries that follow them. Of course I am still a young mind when it comes to it, and most probably naive however am I wrong to think that I''m the only one that is confident we can muster up some goals and 3 points against Hull? Okay, perhaps it is optimistic to think we may score more than once, but no doubt I am convinced we are favourites for this fixture.

While performances have been so inconsistent this season, even during matches we go from a top ten side to a team that look like we have been already relegated, every game that has come along which looks like could decide our destiny we have delivered the goods. The West Ham game at half time looked like the footballing gods had us buried within the bottom three, yet Mr Hughton got the boys fired up and guns blazing for a big 3 points. We could go back to last season against West Brom, so many had the game down for a loss and having to rely on other results, but again we produced when we really needed too.

Personally, I do not see The Tigers as a huge threat. They are a well orgasnised team and tend to play good football when they have possession, however they do lack a real goal threat. Much like ourselves last season, and they may have brought in reinforcements with likes of Shane Long and Jelavic, but I am still not convinced these will cause us problems.

I do not claim to be a "Hughton inner" by any means, although I think its far too late for him to be sacked at this stage, I have always said I believe he will not get us relegated, purely because whenever we really need a result just to carry us through another 3 weeks without a result, he has come up with the goods, and I can''t see us being let down this time.

Admittedly this is nothing but hope and optimism, but its something our fans are really lacking at the moment and again I can''t understand why there is so much, but maybe that is down to my lack of experience. While it is clear the christmas period has taken its toll on Leroy Fer, I can see him coming back into form this week, especially if Tettey is back by his side. I have faith in the team, and I have faith Hughton can provide another key result.

Worry not about your pedigree good sir, a fan is a fan. Those with more experience will recognize momentum swings, it seems you have only seen the ups so far. So your optimsm will be scoffed at by some and valued by others.

As the old song goes, all together now ... "Where were you when we were ...."

---------------------------------------

you were laughing at us on TWTD, right, SJ? oh how football is all swings and roundabouts.