Sign in to follow this  
yellowdamien

Holtby on loan?

We''re looking for someone with great work rate, technical ability, and passion who can play in number 10 or attacking midfield position.

Sherwood wants to let Holtby go, but it''s unlikely they''ll let him go back to Schalke (so they don''t free up Draxler to got to Arsenal).

Would you take him on loan until the end of the season? I definitely would.

We dont need anyone with any creativeity while we have the flair leech in charge.Better off signing a load of 6ft + 200 lbs centrebacks or defences mids. At least Brewster knows what to do with them!

[quote user="yellowdamien"]We''re looking for someone with great work rate, technical ability, and passion who can play in number 10 or attacking midfield position.

Sherwood wants to let Holtby go, but it''s unlikely they''ll let him go back to Schalke (so they don''t free up Draxler to got to Arsenal).

Would you take him on loan until the end of the season? I definitely would.[/quote]

Yes please. You forgot to write he can actually score goals from attacking central midfield. Something that even Hoolahan can''t do these days!

Cant see it happening though as he is that decent that other clubs would snap him up!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]We dont need anyone with any creativeity while we have the flair leech in charge.Better off signing a load of 6ft + 200 lbs centrebacks or defences mids. At least Brewster knows what to do with them![/quote]

Flair leech! hahahahah love it!

We can still get him as Hellmander has come from abroad.

I''d love him as i mentioned in my own thread about him a couple of days ago.

If the likes of Schalke are after him though, i can see him ending up somewhere better than us.

I read somewhere that he was looking towards Holland/Belgium.

He would be a very good acquisition, for however long, but would he want to play in our team at the moment and under a manager becoming more and more criticised?

Would have him all day long, but as others have pointed out, it''d be the coup of the season if we got him. He''ll go back to europe sadly.

[quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"]How does the loan system work as we already have two?[/quote]International loans don''t count as loans, as due to the need for international clearance, they are ''temporary transfers''. Therefore Elmander doesn''t count as a loan int he eyes of the PL.Hence, we''re currently using 1 (Jonas) in our quota of 2.The international loan loophole makes the loan quota a bit stupid if you ask me.In regards to Holtby, he''s exactly the player we need. I''d love for that to happen, it''s not going to.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]We can still get him as Hellmander has come from abroad.

I''d love him as i mentioned in my own thread about him a couple of days ago.

If the likes of Schalke are after him though, i can see him ending up somewhere better than us.[/quote]
Ta, thought it might be the case but wasn''t sure.[Y]

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"]How does the loan system work as we already have two?[/quote]International loans don''t count as loans, as due to the need for international clearance, they are ''temporary transfers''. Therefore Elmander doesn''t count as a loan int he eyes of the PL.Hence, we''re currently using 1 (Jonas) in our quota of 2.The international loan loophole makes the loan quota a bit stupid if you ask me.In regards to Holtby, he''s exactly the player we need. I''d love for that to happen, it''s not going to.[/quote]
Thanks [Y]

I think I read somewhere that Holtby is currently on £67,000 a week, Unlikely he would want to step down to our wage levels even if he wants to revive his PL career.