Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The Forgotten Man.

Well, he has an injured back. When it''s not injured he''ll start playing games again.

Norwich haven''t been very forthcoming with injury information for the last 3 or 4 seasons - players are always out for ''a while'' or are ''being assessed''. It''s just a way of taking pressure off players to recover quicker than their bodies allow.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]What exactly is going on with Howson and his injured back ?[/quote]Hughton said in the video for the Gutierrez signing that Howson will ''be out for a while''

Far from being forgotten, this thread asked about him a couple of hours before you.I thought you were going to be talking about ...erm, that ex-Leeds player, not him... or him, no the other one....What did I come in here for?

On more than one occasion the manager when asked about Howson has said something like: "Back injuries are funny things and you never know when they will clear up. I think that Jonny may be out for some weeks."

I haven''t heard him say something like this for a week or so now, so it is even more difficult for me to know how soon the player may return. I hope that there is no clue in the signing of Gutierrez, and now possibly Guthrie. Both would be poor substitutes for Howson.

The other unknown is to what extent Howson has been able to do any fitness exercises. He will be short of match fitness inevitably. If he is short of general fitness when he returns, say as a player returning for training after the close season, then we may not see much more of him this season.

I think that Howson''s injury has been one of the most disappointing things about the season so far. Hughton had learned to play him as attacking midfielder, confidence was growing in his passing and he and Fer had built up a formidable partnership. Above all, he was becoming Mr. Consistency and week after week being among the best players on the pitch.

I wrote a few weeks back that the chap sitting next to me at the Man Utd game who had been in the directors box for the Fulham match had been told howson has a fracture but no other details.

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]I wrote a few weeks back that the chap sitting next to me at the Man Utd game who had been in the directors box for the Fulham match had been told howson has a fracture but no other details.[/quote]

Now that would be a blow if it is the case,  he has been missed and we need options in the middle more than anywhere.

Fingers crossed he is fit again soon