Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Tettey and Fer in CM

How about having them two playing in the centre together?

Go Pilks and Snodds, then Hoolahan and Hooper up top with RVW, Redmond and Johnson coming off bench?

Need to be careful not to rush back injured players - don''t want to throw Pilks and Tettey into the team just from them to injure themselves again.

Fer, Tettey and Howson was the best midfield combo so would certainly be happy to have two thirds of it back.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]How about having them two playing in the centre together?

Go Pilks and Snodds, then Hoolahan and Hooper up top with RVW, Redmond and Johnson coming off bench?[/quote]

I think this could work if Fer pulled his finger out a bit. He has already shown he can play a defence splitting pass and in my opinion he''s more a box to box cm anyway.

I wouldn''t play Hoolahan as i don''t think he scores enough or creates enough anymore so Hooper and RVW up top for me.

I wouldn''t go Snodgrass either. For all his endeavour he just chooses the wrong option at the wrong time and very rarely delivers a good ball into the box.

Que Hoolahan and Snodgrass lovers!

I just feel that despite Johnnos work rate and recent improvement, we''re so wasteful with him in the side. Even versus Fulham he had some careless shots and long passes when well placed. Not saying we have the perfect player, but Tettey needs to be brought back in to partner Fer.

Against Hull it''s important to have someone to sit on Huddlestone and stop him from dictating the game - I feel Johnson could be fairly good at that, he has the energy and fight to stop Huddlestone certainly - the only question would be if he has the positional discipline to do it.

If tettey is fit enough, he should go straight back in. Hopefully his presence will enable fer to play better again. I think Leroy doesn''t trust Bradley''s distribution and sulks a little. Not that tettey is much better ability wise than Johnson, he just seems a little more assured and makes better decisions. This is generalization of course and may not be accurate all of the time.

I just want to get rid of this two strikers style.. We dont have creative strikers outside of Elmander who in the other hand isn''t very dangerous or mobile, so better play just with Hoolahan or even Johnson, if we have third midfielder ready for Hull.

In my opinion our poor results are from the fact that space between Fer and strikers has become too big so only way to get rid of it is either place real midfielder between them or move Fer a bit further up.

In any case I have fingers crossed that Tettey will be in full fitness soon. He just gives so much extra energy and most of all doesn''t give ball away and gives Fer easy sideways pass that he doesn''t always have to try get past of players where he often loses the ball.

Agreed Lavanche,

Hoolahan has to play more IMO and the 2 up top is a waste as we never get the ball to them.

Wes need players ahead of him to open up the defence.  This means pushing the wingers on quicker so they can get behind the defence. This will stretch the defence so the space opens up centrally to allow more through balls to the striker.

Playing 4 in midfield would result in not enough possession to feed the Strikers, 5 means we get possession, but because of the way we play, no options ahead of the AM.

Snake

IF Tettey is genuinely full fit/recovered then yes he should start but we must not be tempted to rush him back.

Given Tettey/Fer/Howson has been our best cm combo so far perhaps a tettey/fer/jonas combo could work in howsons continued absence and try to stop huddlestone dictating play (although I have a theory (blind hope) that since his hair cut his powers could be diminishing in a samson type reaction...)

Hoolahan will not play whilst transfer window open if he has stinker could say trying to engineer a move.