Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

???? For everybody

if we won 6 on the drop he would deserve manager of the month and we would give another chance...but that is about as likely to happen at present as my being picked to play

[quote user="Robert Barnes"]let''s say that we go on a win streak over the next 6-7 games we pick up 12 pts or so,would we all still be asking for hughtons head[/quote]

If we win 6-7 games and only get 12pts then I will say that there''s some kind of conspiracy against us as I''m sure other teams (the top sides like Chelsea and Man City) would be getting more point for winning 6-7 games.

Well no, but If I won the lottery this weekend, would I be going to work on Monday? No.

I don''t think it''s a likely scenario is it?

I would be happy to start with playing with some confidence, with players giving all for the massive wages, some leadership on the pitch, all the players understanding their roles and tactics adopted to suit our players.

Let''s see if Hugton still has the players with him, see if he can motivate them to play and see if the players understand how to battle to earn 3 points.

I would be happy to see this for a start.

Long term, Hughton is not the answer and I think the board know this.

It''s a hypothetical question.

Clearly if all six were won, that would just about make us safe, picking up 12 points would be encouraging but where would we find the other 6 or 8 points, bearing in mind our run-in.

I think that in the latter case much would depend on how and why it happened. Did we meet one or two decimated by injuries, did referee mistakes and luck generally favour us, above all did our performance significantly improve. I hope that with both strikers fit, if Howson returns and there are no further long injuries, then we should be able to play at our best. If the performance is no better, and we look as shambolic, hesitant and fearful as we have recently, then I think that I would say, "Thanks, Mr. Hughton, for gelling in so many new players but now we wish to progress to a higher level. Please collect any salary due and clear your desk."

Robert,

I''m not calling for his head now, what I am calling for is for something to change (for the better).

I wonder how much help he is being given by his employers, under normal circumstances an under performing employee, one who was chosen specifically for the job, is given support to help him/her overcome the issue that is holding them back.

I''m not saying he hasn''t been given this support but I see no evidence of it. In our case it could be providing him with better tools to do the job, I don''t specifically mean players, I mean perhaps an attacking coach, or maybe some psychological help, someone who could help provide him with a more positive mindset.

As in any profession, to sack someone without first exploring why things are going wrong and what can be done to overcome the issue(s) is always a more expensive option. Looking to help is typically cheaper and often leads to a more succesful, committed and loyal employee.

If this has been done then.....!! If it hasn''t then I think it is encumbent on the board to at least explore the possibilities.

Totally agree ray I don''t think the whole prob is Hughton it''s a team effort.

Poss a lot of problems within the organization we are not hearing about

12 points from 6 games...hmmmm...and then we woke up!

I think most people on here are sick and fed up with watching sh**e football and that is not going to change with clueless. Time''s up.

A turn round in fortunes, with players back from injury, improved results, goals scored, would turn the tide in Hughton''s favour.   I hope it happens. I think it will - but the bottom line is that it has to, because otherwise we will struggle to stay in the division.    

I don''t think some people will ever be happy, but most of us would.  The emotion surrounding seeing a side struggle like ours is quite powerful, but it would soon dissipate after two or three good results.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]A turn round in fortunes, with players back from injury, improved results, goals scored, would turn the tide in Hughton''s favour.   I hope it happens. I think it will - but the bottom line is that it has to, because otherwise we will struggle to stay in the division.    

I don''t think some people will ever be happy, but most of us would.  The emotion surrounding seeing a side struggle like ours is quite powerful, but it would soon dissipate after two or three good results.  

[/quote] just out of curiosity, what have you seen to make you think it will happen? Because except for 1 run of 10games i have seen nothing to suggest it will happen during his entire 18month tenure

I have been hoping for a change in fortune for CH for many months. Now I have tumbled off the fence I feel strongly that this is not a good match for us and the management team. Whether it is confirmation bias or just a need to hope I am not sure. Time for a fresh approach.

That''s the problem I''ve had all along with the animosity of the Hughton outers. Fair enough, we''re playing some pretty bad football at times, and it could be that we''ll just descend further down the table, but while we''re one win away from mid table mediocrity then surely you''re all being a little too hasty in your condemnation.

Surely, regardless of the football, if we''re cemented in mid table we can''t possibly call for the manager''s head. He would be fulfilling the board''s requirements and keeping the club up. Currently this should be the only focus for the team. It might not be particularly fun to watch, but it''s the most important thing if you have the club''s interests at heart.

If we''re sitting in 10th in a few weeks, surely can''t you all see that you''ll look ridiculous for your constant haranguing of the manager?

I just don''t get it tbh.