Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Any chance that Hoot's will resign?

Not happening before saturday and doing so now would be damaging to our chances on saturday. Perhaps after the game if there is a bad result a "mutual termination" may occur.

I bet his terms in his deal mean he''s not available to ''sack'' until he''s got us in the bottom three. Until then, we''ll have to pay up his contract.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Not happening before saturday and doing so now would be damaging to our chances on saturday. Perhaps after the game if there is a bad result a "mutual termination" may occur. I bet his terms in his deal mean he''s not available to ''sack'' until he''s got us in the bottom three. Until then, we''ll have to pay up his contract.[/quote]

Doesn''t matter where in the League Norwich are, if they sack Hughton they have to pay off all his contract.

Didn''t some Ipswich manager (Joe Royle) have an arguement over pay when sacked as they sacked him technically before they were relegated?

If his remit upon signing was to keep us out of the bottom three, then technically while he hasn''t done anything that warrants gross misconduct, he is ''doing his job''

Given his statement about fighting for his job and for success of the team, I would think that there is little chance. In fact, if it comes to it, I think he would have to be dragged or pushed out of the door.

So my expectation is that if performance and results do not improve, it is more likely to be dismissal than resignation. Eventually,as the position worsens, I could see McN and the owners fearing relegation, grasp at straws and a new appointment.

I remember on elf the directors personally paid Roeder off circa £600K.

Hughton won''t resign, a ''mutual agreement'' would take place I should imagine.

I remember when Gordon Strachan left Middlesborough (I think) a few years back, he went in the office and torn up his contract. He did not want any composition as the team were not performing. He took

responsibility.

I had enormous respect for him and cannot imagine another manager doing that. Nice is Hughton is, he''ll stay to be paid off.

I remember the Joe Royle case, it was about how much compensation he was paid, which was higher if they were in the Prem when they sacked him. 

Of course they sacked him in the close season after being relegated so the debate was whether that counted as being in the Prem or the league below.  Amazingly the contract didn''t say... obviously it wasn''t drafted by a football fan.  Can''t remember who won though.  Anyone know?  If not I''ll look it up tomorrow.

"Do the honourable thing"

"Way too stubborn and full of self belief"

What a a load of ballcocks. Why the fook would he?

Are you saying you''d walk too if you were performing below par at work?

I don''t think so.

Negativity rules. With Pilks and Tettey returning and Howson and Bennett to follow, as well as Gutierrez as an option, things are looking up. But only for some, it would seem!. Man up, FFS!