Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Would a win Saturday actually change anyhing ?

Whilst I will turn up at Carrow Road on Saturday with everything crossed looking for a win and 3 points we desperately need this would change nothing for me.

Hughton has to go and quickly. I wasn''t happy last season and suggested he be given 10 games of this season. He should have gone then.

I was surprised by the away win at WBA and prepared to give him a little more breathing space to see if anything changed, but here we are again still watching 11 strangers on a pitch unable to cobble a decent performance together.

I cannot imagine the man can instil passion in anyone having had to regularly listen to his press conferences.

Can you really see Saturday as a tipping point or has the point of no return been reached ?

It would put us on 23 points...

Interesting to note that the bookies still have faith in us, we''re 6th favourites for the drop with Palace, Cardiff, Fulham, Sunderland and West Ham all worse than us.

I think it''s be another situation whereby Hughton clings on for another week or two.

Hoepfully we could kick on from a win, but it''s increasingly hard to believe.

Yes, it would make everyone think that CH was a great manager again, rather like the result against West Brom at the tail end of last season. I really hate to say it, we need to lose and CH needs to depart.

Its a lose ,lose situation , win and we keep Hughton but more likely than not will still go down , lose and will be as good as down too .May be better to lose the game and get shot of Clueless rather than risk having him in charge in the Champs next season .Should never of come to this he should have been sacked before Xmas , Boards gone soft again .

I reckon that if we win, it will definitely change our points tally and our goal difference, it will also probably alter our league position.

Other than that.....there''ll be a group of fans saying it''s just papering over the cracks, there''ll be a group of fans saying that our league position justifies everything, there''ll still be a gaping divide among the support, so in that respect, no, nothing will change because positions are entrenched and that by it''s very nature is unhealthy.

But the key is the first sentence. Irrespective of who you want to manage the club, I reckon we''d all be happier that they were doing it in the Premier League. Nothing is going to change during the game, Hughton won''t get sacked at half time or if we go 1-0 down, so I hope everyone ignores him and focuses on getting behind the players.

Can''t see it, mind...

So Devil, do you think 3 points would be a bad thing? Say results went our way and saturday evening we''re sat in 11th 5 points above the drop zone. Then what?

No. It''s gone too far now.

I also hear that the manager has now lost a lot of respect from the players. Putting Becchio in the team after he had a whinge was particularly damaging, apparently.

Probably won''t change anything. The Board seem intent on avoiding management change, and they will just reaffirm their commitment to Hughton. Remember that the new criterion is not to be in the lowest three places. The fact that we are playing such poor football that an average pub side could beat us doesn''t come into it.

If by some fluke we managed to win 3-0, I don''t think I would be any happier, in view of the rubbish we have played recently, but it would certainly persuade the Board that we have a master-manager in our club.

Even an undeserved and scrambled draw would mean nothing to their determination, so long as we are not in the bottom three. They seem to have forgotten the quality shown over the past 6 games.

The worrying thing, of course, is that every week which passes this month vastly reduces the chance of a replacement while there is still time to sign new players by the replacement manager. They are pinning their hopes to a manager who has had a pretty average results record at Carrow Road, even if transfer deals seem good. At some point soon, when we are in the bottom three, they will dispense with his services and appoint a new manager in panic, but it will be too late.

I think the biggest problem would be the fact that the real window of opportunity to change will slam shut in before the next League game.

So revert to type and it will all get ugly despite the fact that getting rid without changing any playing staff is unlikely to create the bounce we need and what manager would want it.

We might need a magician rather than a manager to avoid doing a Wolves then.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]It would put us on 23 points...

Interesting to note that the bookies still have faith in us
, we''re 6th favourites for the drop with Palace, Cardiff, Fulham, Sunderland and West Ham all worse than us.

I think it''s be another situation whereby Hughton clings on for another week or two.

Hoepfully we could kick on from a win, but it''s increasingly hard to believe.[/quote]eh !it is nothing to do with faiththe odds reflect the amount of money bet(laid)or do you seriously think they sit around guessing why do you think they a called bookies ?

ps you can look it up, it might help you

GJP, where did you hear that hughton has lost the players respect?

Because if it was on here, it doesnt really hold any credability.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]It would put us on 23 points...

, we''re 6th favourites for the drop with Palace, Cardiff, Fulham, Sunderland and West Ham all worse than us.

Hoepfully we could kick on from a win, but it''s increasingly hard to believe.[/quote]eh !it is nothing to do with faiththe odds reflect the amount of money bet(laid)or do you seriously think they sit around guessing why do you think they a called bookies ?

[/quote]True now that the market''s running, but the bookies have to formulate the original odds before a ball''s been kicked. From memory we weren''t amongst the automatic favourites to go down this time round.Obviously Joe Punter still has more faith in us than most of us do on here.

As you say, before a ball is kicked ... which usually means last seasons positionNothing too difficultThe bizarre thing is that time and time again we get these absurd posts about the bookies setting odds based on what they know/think.Even to the point on Tues night where they supposedly knew that Hughton was going to be sacked but were still offering odds/taking bets ! ! !

ps let''s hope a few of the numpties didn''t count their ''winnings'' in the early hours of Wed morning

As with anything to do with relieving people of money bookies I think on occasion do know a thing or two punters aren''t aware of so are able to manipulate the odds somewhat in their favour.I would agree that it''s generally cash lumped on that decides the odds but judging by some of the claims on here the bookies must almost be embarrassed taking their money. [:$]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]As with anything to do with relieving people of money bookies I think on occasion do know a thing or two punters aren''t aware of so are able to manipulate the odds somewhat in their favour.I would agree that it''s generally cash lumped on that decides the odds but judging by some of the claims on here the bookies must almost be embarrassed taking their money. [:$][/quote]

Depends upon which bookies. Certainly they will close a ''book'' if they know stuff.The most curious was the Liverpool v Milan European Cup final in 2005 where a stream of bets around the Liverpool area at half time had caused warnings to go out. i was actually watching the game ina bookies in Norwich and knew the owner who not being a football fan told me what hat just happened ''don;t take any more bets''. Very curious given the final result. Watch the last penalty and where the Liverpool keeper was standing when he saved the ball.There is a suggestion that Sky over excite their dimwitted audience with rumours and ''exclusives'' so as to cause said numpties to place bets. More so when the odds are reduced  ''because the bookies know something'' which is what I suspect you are alluding toAlmost as profitable as the church

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]It would put us on 23 points...

[/quote]As I understood it, Jimmy Smith was referring more to the fact that more money would appear to be going on teams other than Norwich, rather than suggesting that the odds are a reflection of the beliefs of the bookies.

To go back to the OP, IMO, yes a win would make a difference in that City would have 23 points from 22 matches, with Pilks and Tettey coming back, Gutierrez having been added and reasonable expectations that things will improve once Turner, Bennett and Howson return. For all we know a win could put City equal on points with 10th place. Yes that would make a difference! OTBC!

A win should never be judged in isolation, and that''s part of the reason it''s so bi-polar on here. We need to see good, motivated, positive performances consistently.

10 points out of the next 18, coupled with brave and committed performances should be enough for any fan to accept Hughton is capable. I can''t see us getting anywhere near that though.

Yes, it would prove the players are behind Hoots.

Would also justify McNasties faith in him.

With players coming in and back from injury we can only improve.

[quote user="morty"]GJP, where did you hear that hughton has lost the players respect? Because if it was on here, it doesnt really hold any credability.[/quote]

Morty, come on, I though you might have given me a bit more credit than that.

What I heard came directly from an immediate family member of one our first team squad. And I do mean immediate family, not some wishy-washy tenuous link. Obviously I will not be naming names.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="morty"]GJP, where did you hear that hughton has lost the players respect? Because if it was on here, it doesnt really hold any credability.[/quote]

What I heard came directly from an immediate family member of one our first team squad. And I do mean immediate family, not some wishy-washy tenuous link. Obviously I will not be naming names.

[/quote]Well, sorry, despite your protestation, it means nothing if names aren''t named.And even if you had heard it, if it was from a fringe player, perhaps not getting a game, it would still be dubious.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Well, sorry, despite your protestation, it means nothing if names aren''t named.

And even if you had heard it, if it was from a fringe player, perhaps not getting a game, it would still be dubious.
[/quote]

If you name names people stop telling you things.

What I said is bang on the money. But even if you doubt it it''s surely not a great leap to imagine there has been a loss of respect?

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]Well, sorry, despite your protestation, it means nothing if names aren''t named.And even if you had heard it, if it was from a fringe player, perhaps not getting a game, it would still be dubious.[/quote]

What I said is bang on the money. But even if you doubt it it''s surely not a great leap to imagine there has been a loss of respect?

[/quote]Could happen.But players talk carp, much the same as anyone else does.If I told you that everyone I work with hates my boss, then you either believe it, or you consider the possibility that its just me that hates my boss. You take your choice.I don''t think its beyond the realms of possibility that players are frustrated, and will perhaps look to blame anyone but themselves. But the whole group lost respect for Hughton? Nah.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Well, sorry, despite your protestation, it means nothing if names aren''t named.

And even if you had heard it, if it was from a fringe player, perhaps not getting a game, it would still be dubious.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Could happen.

But players talk carp, much the same as anyone else does.

If I told you that everyone I work with hates my boss, then you either believe it, or you consider the possibility that its just me that hates my boss. You take your choice.

I don''t think its beyond the realms of possibility that players are frustrated, and will perhaps look to blame anyone but themselves. But the whole group lost respect for Hughton? Nah.
[/quote]

No I would agree that there''s a chance not every single player has lost respect for him. But some of them have and it would seem that across the squad the Becchio thing wasn''t stomached particularly well.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]Well, sorry, despite your protestation, it means nothing if names aren''t named.And even if you had heard it, if it was from a fringe player, perhaps not getting a game, it would still be dubious.[/quote]

[/quote]Could happen.But players talk carp, much the same as anyone else does.If I told you that everyone I work with hates my boss, then you either believe it, or you consider the possibility that its just me that hates my boss. You take your choice.I don''t think its beyond the realms of possibility that players are frustrated, and will perhaps look to blame anyone but themselves. But the whole group lost respect for Hughton? Nah.[/quote]

No I would agree that there''s a chance not every single player has lost respect for him. But some of them have and it would seem that across the squad the Becchio thing wasn''t stomached particularly well.

[/quote]You can see though, that the whole thing can be spun however you like, depending on your base opinion on Hughton.So the statement "The players have lost respect for Hughton" is definitely open to interpretation.Apologies for picking this to death, but there are too many that make broad, sweeping statements here, that just make people whinge more.