Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Between a rock and a hard place

CH has to go- we all know that. But we then need a BETTER manager lined up.

Trouble is most of the names mentioned -Steve Clark - Malky- etc- are those who have been sacked for almost identical performances and league place as us.

I hope something shifts at Soton...there is a man who could lead us.

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]CH has to go- we all know that. But we then need a BETTER manager lined up.

Trouble is most of the names mentioned -Steve Clark - Malky- etc- are those who have been sacked for almost identical performances and league place as us.

I hope something shifts at Soton...there is a man who could lead us.[/quote]

For how long?    How long has he been at Southampton?

Dean Coney''s boots wrote the following post at 17/01/2014 7:37 AM:

CH has to go- we all know that. But we then need a BETTER manager lined up.

Trouble is most of the names mentioned -Steve Clark - Malky- etc-

are those who have been sacked for almost identical performances and

league place as us.

I hope something shifts at Soton...there is a man who could lead us.

Not quite so ........ the league places may be similar but the performances are not.It has now got to the stage with me that no matter what the results the performances of the team has lost my confidence in the manager.

Actually I''d suggest the Board are faced with Hobson''s Choice, they have but one.

To do nothing and let, what looks to all the world, an irreversible slide to continue would to the vast majority of fans , appear they are entirely remiss in their responsibilities.

If the objective is to retain Premiership status the absolutely have to act and act now. The Transfer Window will close in about a fortnight, after that any new appointment would be compromised from day one.

Yes we have plays returning from injury but more than anything the club needs a major shot of adrenalin to its metaphoric heart to instil some hope, fight and renewed optimism to see us safely in the Premier League next term.

There are managerial opportunities for the club to consider seriously, it''s just a damn shame there''s bit an AGM due where such points could be laid at the feet of ''You can call me Alan''

Therein lies the biggest mystery to me, our Chairman isn''t exactly renowned for being all ''touchy feely'' in his business dealing. Having had a read up he has been busy with other considerable business interests but we really could do with some 5 Star ''Bowkett Love'' right about now

I have been saying this for forever it seems. People pluck names out of their ar$e and they are either unrealistic, unavailable, or no better than what we have.

I don''t see how Malkay can be tarnished with that brush.

He lead his team to promotion last season, not with a massive budget but a decent one. QPR have proven it''s not a formality getting out of that league with money though.

He then had a reasonable start in the premiership, was never in the bottom three and until it all kicked off, they were keeping up their point a game average.

Yes he spent the same as Hughton in summer, but he started with less being a newly promoted club and was doing a fine job.