Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

How would you respond?

If the board came out and convincingly said that they were not going to sack Chris Hughton this season, and that he has their full support - how would you react?

Presumably most people who want Hughton out are vocal about it (other than simply venting their frustrations) as they feel this will pressure the board and influence the decision. If we are told this will definitely not be happening - what then?

Would you grit your teeth, buckle down for the hard slog and support the team, or would you increase the vocals to exert even more pressure?

There is little point campaigning for something unless the outcome is possible. If the board definitely do not want to sack Hughton, as the latest rumours suggest, they could stop all of this I feel and unite the supporters (in support of the team) if they came out and categorically told disgruntled fans that it aint going to happen. Interesting that they havent done this - is this to keep Hughton on his toes perhaps?

So if the board did come out in their unanimous support for the manager - how would you react?

I don''t know, but I would be amazed.

Surely performances, never point collection, have been so poor and getting poorer, that even the Board must be losing faith, whatever they say in public.

Quite what they are making of a signing like Gutierrez and possibly also Guthrie, must be ringing alarm bells.

Even a lucky win on Saturday, after having been comprehensibly outplayed, would increase their fear.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]

If the board came out and convincingly said that they were not going to sack Chris Hughton this season, and that he has their full support - how would you react?

Presumably most people who want Hughton out are vocal about it (other than simply venting their frustrations) as they feel this will pressure the board and influence the decision. If we are told this will definitely not be happening - what then?

Would you grit your teeth, buckle down for the hard slog and support the team, or would you increase the vocals to exert even more pressure?

There is little point campaigning for something unless the outcome is possible. If the board definitely do not want to sack Hughton, as the latest rumours suggest, they could stop all of this I feel and unite the supporters (in support of the team) if they came out and categorically told disgruntled fans that it aint going to happen. Interesting that they havent done this - is this to keep Hughton on his toes perhaps?

So if the board did come out in their unanimous support for the manager - how would you react?

[/quote]I would continue to support my club, that the board are part of.The time has gone to sack Hughton this season. There isn''t another candidate sat waiting, so we "go with what we have got"That said, life will get very bum squeaky should we lose tomorrow...