Sign in to follow this  
Kangaroo Court

Laudrup out!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="morty"]Heres an interesting point Indy.

How do you actually know another manager could get more out of the players we have. Could it be the case that the players we have maybe aren''t as good as some people think they are?

It amazes me that so many people on here are so knowledgeable about football that they see some untapped potential in players.

Could it be the case, that, man for man, Swansea actually have a better squad?

Of course, I am speculating, its all just opinion, but I find it funny when people say with such certainty that there is an untapped, rich vein of talent, somehow hidden in our players, that a new manager will magically unlock.
[/quote]

Morty I agree with you when you say Swansea have a better squad and pointed to that earlier in the thread only to insults thrown at me.

But then you have to ask yourself, these are Hughton signings and if they are not good enough then the scouting but ultimately it''s got to be Hughton who targetted theses player and if not good enough then he must go? Wasting 25 million + is worse than not getting enough out of their potential!

So either way Laudrup is better!

[/quote]

But what is their potential? I don''t know how people are gauging this. Average players will be just that, they will have good games and bad.

And people get way too hung up on the money we spent, man for man, apart from maybe RVW, it really isn''t that much.

Again people say, with all confidence that Hughton isn''t getting the best out of the players, and frankly that is an impossible statement to quantify.
[/quote]

Fair enough, so you don''t think that different managers have different ways to get more out of players and teams? You don''t think for example Fergie get''s more out of a team or players than say Hughton? You don''t think that a good manager can push players, motivate them to practice set peices, get fitter & learn to develope them?

So how do players then get better?

Last if it is that the players a rubbish and playing at their peak, who signed them? RVW, Bassong, Fer, Elmander etc. is he not accountable?

[/quote]

You get what you pay for, so you could argue that Fergie has a lot more potential to work with in the first place.

Of course good management and coaching can improve, and get the best out of a player, I am not disputing that.

More putting the point across that when people trot out the line "Hughton isn''t getting the best out of the players" it cannot actually be quantified. Yes you can say the results bear it out, but it could also be true that the players are playing to their best.

It all comes down to people just trotting out phrases they have seen other people say, and folks getting too caught up in what we have paid for players.
[/quote]

Fair enough Morty, I would love to know what Hughton would say if you asked him direct, "Are you getting the best out of your players on match day or are they just not good enough for the premiership"

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="morty"]Heres an interesting point Indy.

How do you actually know another manager could get more out of the players we have. Could it be the case that the players we have maybe aren''t as good as some people think they are?

It amazes me that so many people on here are so knowledgeable about football that they see some untapped potential in players.

Could it be the case, that, man for man, Swansea actually have a better squad?

Of course, I am speculating, its all just opinion, but I find it funny when people say with such certainty that there is an untapped, rich vein of talent, somehow hidden in our players, that a new manager will magically unlock.
[/quote]

Morty I agree with you when you say Swansea have a better squad and pointed to that earlier in the thread only to insults thrown at me.

But then you have to ask yourself, these are Hughton signings and if they are not good enough then the scouting but ultimately it''s got to be Hughton who targetted theses player and if not good enough then he must go? Wasting 25 million + is worse than not getting enough out of their potential!

So either way Laudrup is better!

[/quote]

But what is their potential? I don''t know how people are gauging this. Average players will be just that, they will have good games and bad.

And people get way too hung up on the money we spent, man for man, apart from maybe RVW, it really isn''t that much.

Again people say, with all confidence that Hughton isn''t getting the best out of the players, and frankly that is an impossible statement to quantify.
[/quote]

Fair enough, so you don''t think that different managers have different ways to get more out of players and teams? You don''t think for example Fergie get''s more out of a team or players than say Hughton? You don''t think that a good manager can push players, motivate them to practice set peices, get fitter & learn to develope them?

So how do players then get better?

Last if it is that the players a rubbish and playing at their peak, who signed them? RVW, Bassong, Fer, Elmander etc. is he not accountable?

[/quote]

You get what you pay for, so you could argue that Fergie has a lot more potential to work with in the first place.

Of course good management and coaching can improve, and get the best out of a player, I am not disputing that.

More putting the point across that when people trot out the line "Hughton isn''t getting the best out of the players" it cannot actually be quantified. Yes you can say the results bear it out, but it could also be true that the players are playing to their best.

It all comes down to people just trotting out phrases they have seen other people say, and folks getting too caught up in what we have paid for players.
[/quote]

Fair enough Morty, I would love to know what Hughton would say if you asked him direct, "Are you getting the best out of your players on match day or are they just not good enough for the premiership"

[/quote]

That''s not a fair question.

You can ask the first part and the second part as two separate questions but putting the two together isn''t fair as the are not opposites of each other.