Sign in to follow this  
Kangaroo Court

Laudrup out!

I get what people like Nutty are saying that we are only 3 points fro 20th or 3 points from 10th and that''s the thing about this league it is tight!

The real question is from the recent run of games we have seen a total lack of belief, organisation, leadership and confidence, so are we happy to carry on and take the risk with Hughton or do we take a gamble to freshsen things up.

Is anyone really think we will get more than a 0.8 point per game average from here on in? that would get us to 34 points, would that be enough to stay up?

I agree with others, Swansea are a good side to watch and have European football too, yes they are only a point ahead but I know which set of players and manager I would want at City if I could swap, I would have the entire team and management please.

The whole team?

Jesus wept.

They''re Swansea FFS, get a grip. Some of our so called support are infinitely more embarrassing than anything served up on the pitch.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]The whole team? Jesus wept. They''re Swansea FFS, get a grip. Some of our so called support are infinitely more embarrassing than anything served up on the pitch.[/quote]

Yes, because I see a team with better players and manager, who have won a trophy and in Europe, finished above us in the league and have the following players which I would swap tomorrow for our team! But hey you carry on slagging people if you like, no skin of my nose! as with fans like you happy to plod along it''s little wonder that we are still "little old Norwich"

GK Michel Vorm

DF Jordi Amat

DF Neil Taylor

DF Chico Flores

DF Ashley Williams

MF Leon Britton

MF Jonjo Shelvey

FW Michu

FW Wilfried Bony

MF Pablo Hernández

MF Nathan Dyer

MF Roland Lamah (on loan from Osasuna)

MF Wayne Routledge

DF Dwight Tiendalli

MF Jonathan de Guzmán (on loan from Villarreal)

MF José Cañas

DF Àngel Rangel

MF Alejandro Pozuelo

GK Gerhard Tremmel

FW Álvaro Vázquez (on loan from Getafe)

So which of these would you not want?

[quote user="Chip20"]How many other teams that have been promoted to the EPL have consistently improved, points-wise, season-after-season? All of them fail to reach the same total as the previous season eventually, surely? Why do some of our fans think we have the God-given right to improve our league position every single year where other comparable teams do not?[/quote]Why do so many completely miss the pointFor most of the fans that are unhappy it isnt about getting more pointsIts about the crap we have to watch, if we were in the same position as we are but played like swansea i would be happy

I''m afraid even gaining points will not excuse the dire football we play.

It''s no longer about results it''s about performance.

[quote user="city4eva"]Its about the crap we have to watch, if we were in the same position as we are but played like swansea i would be happy[/quote]^^^ This

Why do the apologist constantly bleat on about the points, if that is the major concern that the realists are raising.No one has talked about any ''god given right'' either, that''s just more sh  ite made up from the apologists to distract from the major concern.We are not playing the quality of football that will see us stay in the PL. It is this dire, negative stuff that has also the development of incoming players, so much so that we may see some leaving.Watch the games, see why we are losing and recognise that it is that failing that will be the cause of serious woes further down the line.

Well this is why many of you are constantly banging your head against the wrong brick wall. Because if you listen to Bowkett and McNally remaining in this league is all it''s about. Many of you would accept relegation as a price but they wouldn''t. Some of you want the best of both worlds but in my experience people rarely get that.

As for us and Swansea. Apparently their last six games have been harder than ours which explains the current form table. But how is the league table explained?

I reckon some of you fancy your neighbour''s missus more than your own too. But in reality the grass isn''t always greener. Just ask Tom Jones[;)]

[quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="Warren Hill"]The whole team? Jesus wept. They''re Swansea FFS, get a grip. Some of our so called support are infinitely more embarrassing than anything served up on the pitch.[/quote]

Yes, because I see a team with better players and manager, who have won a trophy and in Europe, finished above us in the league and have the following players which I would swap tomorrow for our team! But hey you carry on slagging people if you like, no skin of my nose! as with fans like you happy to plod along it''s little wonder that we are still "little old Norwich"

GK Michel Vorm

DF Jordi Amat

DF Neil Taylor

DF Chico Flores

DF Ashley Williams

MF Leon Britton

MF Jonjo Shelvey

FW Michu

FW Wilfried Bony

MF Pablo Hernández

MF Nathan Dyer

MF Roland Lamah (on loan from Osasuna)

MF Wayne Routledge

DF Dwight Tiendalli

MF Jonathan de Guzmán (on loan from Villarreal)

MF José Cañas

DF Àngel Rangel

MF Alejandro Pozuelo

GK Gerhard Tremmel

FW Álvaro Vázquez (on loan from Getafe)

So which of these would you not want?

[/quote]

You''re having a laugh, right?

I''d take Bony, maybe. That''s about it.

They''re really not very good. They really don''t play great football. I''ll go as far as to say that if you think they play "good stuff" you are a complete Terry. It''s football by numbers and if we played the same way, dicks like you would be screaming FORWARDS!!!!! at every given opportunity.

Sod off and support Swansea, you massive, massive bell-end.

Last season it was sack now we''re going to be relegated, results started coming it was rubbish style, bad form came back it was we''re going to get relegated, sack now, finished with a flourish of two wins on the trot scoring seven goals between them and it was no good, they were on the beach, sack, got 11th, we were lucky, this season started without many points it was sack now we''re going to be relegated, got up to a run of averaging about two points a game earlier this season and it was poor performance, sack, 2-0 away win to West Brom, but we were poor, got to go. Now it''s no wins in eight, sack. Basically, the arguments are whatever is the most negative thing you can say at the time. It''s like listening to spoiled children asking for a sweetie every ten seconds. McNally said it how it was on the radio. The brief is survival. We''re a £2.9m a player squad fighting it out with teams that average £6m a player on average across the league. When we''ve had enough years of squad investment, consolidation and generally playing catch up, then we can start reasonably expecting pretty football rather than simply getting the job done. But that''s what McNally''s mind is on and so long as we''re in position to survive he''s not going to waste money on replacing a manager he headhunted well before Lambert left to replace him with any old Tom, Richard, or Harry mid-season when we''re in the fight. and with 10th still in reach.

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]Last season it was sack now we''re going to be relegated, results started coming it was rubbish style, bad form came back it was we''re going to get relegated, sack now, finished with a flourish of two wins on the trot scoring seven goals between them and it was no good, they were on the beach, sack, got 11th, we were lucky, this season started without many points it was sack now we''re going to be relegated, got up to a run of averaging about two points a game earlier this season and it was poor performance, sack, 2-0 away win to West Brom, but we were poor, got to go. Now it''s no wins in eight, sack. Basically, the arguments are whatever is the most negative thing you can say at the time. It''s like listening to spoiled children asking for a sweetie every ten seconds. McNally said it how it was on the radio. The brief is survival. We''re a £2.9m a player squad fighting it out with teams that average £6m a player on average across the league. When we''ve had enough years of squad investment, consolidation and generally playing catch up, then we can start reasonably expecting pretty football rather than simply getting the job done. But that''s what McNally''s mind is on and so long as we''re in position to survive he''s not going to waste money on replacing a manager he headhunted well before Lambert left to replace him with any old Tom, Richard, or Harry mid-season when we''re in the fight. and with 10th still in reach.

[/quote]There is a disturbing thought that you imagine others believe that nonsense.The brief is not survival. It is year on year improvement, ask anyone who was at the AGM.Consolidation is meaningless twaddle. Clubs of our size will never be consolidated. Ask Bolton and Blackburn. Look at Fulham. It is a yearly battle. As to this improvement guff, if it were true then the players we signed in the summer would have us even further up the league rather than a couple of points of relegation.Still nice to see you are sticking to the old apologisr tactic - make up lies instead of replying to genuine points. NO ONE has claimed that we or the club should replace Hughton with "ld Tom, Richard, or Harry mid-season".Though it does beg the question of if McNally was able to headhunt a replacement for Lambert well before he has left what makes you think he has/is not doing so already ?

Year on year improvement is wildly unrealistic. That would put us in the top 6 in 5 years, Champions League two years later and Premier League champions after little more than a decade.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I reckon some of you fancy your neighbour''s missus more than your own too. But in reality the grass isn''t always greener. Just ask Tom Jones[;)]

[/quote]

It''s not unusual. [;)]

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Year on year improvement is wildly unrealistic. That would put us in the top 6 in 5 years, Champions League two years later and Premier League champions after little more than a decade.[/quote]That is probably the most sensible post I have read on here in about 18 months.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

It''s not unusual. [;)]

[/quote]

You just couldn''t........

Help yourself [;)]

Swansea have had a great 18 months which would never happen under Hughton. Their fans would never tolerate such negative, dull and dire football.

Any manger of Swansea is given the brief to play attractive, offensive football. That doesn''t always work agreed, but they would not remotely entertain someone with Hughton''s negative philosophy.

If Laudrup has managed Norwich from the start of last season you would see a lot more happier faces at Carrow Road - and away - than the utter crap that has been dished up.

While changing the manger is no guarantee of staying up, the reason to keep Hughton is futile. It is isn''t working and never will. The club had the best intentions, but it sadly hasn''t worked out.

With a degree of hindsight, giving Hughton the budget in the summer was the worst thing the club could of done. He can''t get the best out of anyone, so the money is many ways is wasted, unless somebody else is given the opportunity to prove their worth.

I''m sick to the guts of Hughton and is negative, naive football. The sooner he goes, the better.

I read the opening post from Kangaroo Court and breathed a huge sigh of relief. At Long Last I thought. Someone on this Forum with some common sense. The rest of you, instead of spending every minute of your lives slagging off Hughton and calling for his head get behind your friggin team and support them, that''s why you call yourselves supporters ! You all remind me of that Tw*t Piers Morgan who, when Arsenal lost their first game of the season at home to Villa was shouting from the roof tops that Wenger was useless and that for the sake of his beloved club he HAD to GO. Now look at them. I also think it''s time some of the players were given their share of the blame for our current poor run, not Hughton for failing to inspire them. They''re professional footballers and should be able to motivate and inspire themselves but having played football at a decent level I know that that is made a helluva lot harder when you have negative moaners getting on yer back. Now, and you know who you are, get off everyones back and support your freakin team !!

back in your box sonnyor at least post under your usual nameas to supporting the team you have not the slightest idea what you are sqeaking about as you have not a clue about what any of us do on a Saturday afternoonas to your sh ite about what football you have played do you think we are all as stupid as you to believe such horse sh it

ps the only negativity is coming from you lot who still keep bleating that we should have more failure, more being grateful for our lot - well stuff that, the club and the fans deserve better than your crawling in the gutter, little ole Norwich, anything is good enough for us, guv

This just goes to show the complete lack of perspective from the CH outers - yes Swansea have done better than us but they are the only team that has done better than us given financial resources Swansea free stadium is subject to a legal review. It seems this message board is plagued by daily mail readers - full of ignorance and prejudice and no perspective on reality.

[quote user="basil brush"]Swansea have had a great 18 months which would never happen under Hughton. Their fans would never tolerate such negative, dull and dire football.

Any manger of Swansea is given the brief to play attractive, offensive football. That doesn''t always work agreed, but they would not remotely entertain someone with Hughton''s negative philosophy.

If Laudrup has managed Norwich from the start of last season you would see a lot more happier faces at Carrow Road - and away - than the utter crap that has been dished up.

While changing the manger is no guarantee of staying up, the reason to keep Hughton is futile. It is isn''t working and never will. The club had the best intentions, but it sadly hasn''t worked out.

With a degree of hindsight, giving Hughton the budget in the summer was the worst thing the club could of done. He can''t get the best out of anyone, so the money is many ways is wasted, unless somebody else is given the opportunity to prove their worth.

I''m sick to the guts of Hughton and is negative, naive football. The sooner he goes, the better.[/quote]

I''m sorry, but this is "the grass is greener" claptrap.   "Ooh Swansea have had a great 18 months."  The attitude of some on here beggars belief. 

You can''t start a thread on Swansea then complain about the parameters of the two clubs.

I and probably 90% of fans here would swap Hughton for Laudrup today! Given they have been at the clubs for the same time frame, Laudrup has out performed Hugton on the pitch, in style, points and above all else a trophy!

There''s little to argue about, they play better football and have accumulated more points, they have qualified from the European league and are still playing in Europe and this season and last signed better players, like it or not they have on performances this year.

You few can insult those who see it this way and you can have your view, some I find interesting.

But the bottom line is Laudrup has them playing nice football, carrying on from Rodgers, he has signed some good players and getting them to fit his system, he has won silerware and Swasea are a better side right now, how can anyone argue with that?

The question is what could a good manager like Laudrup get out of potentially good players like Bassong, Fer, RVW, Johnson, Snodgrass, Hooper, Redmond etc. a damn site more than our current management team is the answer IMO.

Heres an interesting point Indy.How do you actually know another manager could get more out of the players we have. Could it be the case that the players we have maybe aren''t as good as some people think they are?It amazes me that so many people on here are so knowledgeable about football that they see some untapped potential in players.Could it be the case, that, man for man, Swansea actually have a better squad?Of course, I am speculating, its all just opinion, but I find it funny when people say with such certainty that there is an untapped, rich vein of talent, somehow hidden in our players, that a new manager will magically unlock.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Funniest post in ages. Anyone that wouldn''t want to swap places with Swansea or play like them are absolutely hilarious.[/quote]

Ha!! I agree!!

13th, plenty of possession in non-dangerous areas and still losing.

They won a cup though.

[quote user="morty"]Heres an interesting point Indy.

How do you actually know another manager could get more out of the players we have. Could it be the case that the players we have maybe aren''t as good as some people think they are?

It amazes me that so many people on here are so knowledgeable about football that they see some untapped potential in players.

Could it be the case, that, man for man, Swansea actually have a better squad?

Of course, I am speculating, its all just opinion, but I find it funny when people say with such certainty that there is an untapped, rich vein of talent, somehow hidden in our players, that a new manager will magically unlock.
[/quote]

Morty I agree with you when you say Swansea have a better squad and pointed to that earlier in the thread only to insults thrown at me.

But then you have to ask yourself, these are Hughton signings and if they are not good enough then the scouting but ultimately it''s got to be Hughton who targetted theses player and if not good enough then he must go? Wasting 25 million + is worse than not getting enough out of their potential!

So either way Laudrup is better!

[quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="morty"]Heres an interesting point Indy.How do you actually know another manager could get more out of the players we have. Could it be the case that the players we have maybe aren''t as good as some people think they are?It amazes me that so many people on here are so knowledgeable about football that they see some untapped potential in players.Could it be the case, that, man for man, Swansea actually have a better squad?Of course, I am speculating, its all just opinion, but I find it funny when people say with such certainty that there is an untapped, rich vein of talent, somehow hidden in our players, that a new manager will magically unlock.[/quote]

Morty I agree with you when you say Swansea have a better squad and pointed to that earlier in the thread only to insults thrown at me.

But then you have to ask yourself, these are Hughton signings and if they are not good enough then the scouting but ultimately it''s got to be Hughton who targetted theses player and if not good enough then he must go? Wasting 25 million + is worse than not getting enough out of their potential!

[/quote]But what is their potential? I don''t know how people are gauging this. Average players will be just that, they will have good games and bad.And people get way too hung up on the money we spent, man for man, apart from maybe RVW, it really isn''t that much.Again people say, with all confidence that Hughton isn''t getting the best out of the players, and frankly that is an impossible statement to quantify.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="morty"]Heres an interesting point Indy.

How do you actually know another manager could get more out of the players we have. Could it be the case that the players we have maybe aren''t as good as some people think they are?

It amazes me that so many people on here are so knowledgeable about football that they see some untapped potential in players.

Could it be the case, that, man for man, Swansea actually have a better squad?

Of course, I am speculating, its all just opinion, but I find it funny when people say with such certainty that there is an untapped, rich vein of talent, somehow hidden in our players, that a new manager will magically unlock.
[/quote]

[/quote]

But what is their potential? I don''t know how people are gauging this. Average players will be just that, they will have good games and bad.

And people get way too hung up on the money we spent, man for man, apart from maybe RVW, it really isn''t that much.

Again people say, with all confidence that Hughton isn''t getting the best out of the players, and frankly that is an impossible statement to quantify.
[/quote]

Fair enough, so you don''t think that different managers have different ways to get more out of players and teams? You don''t think for example Fergie get''s more out of a team or players than say Hughton? You don''t think that a good manager can push players, motivate them to practice set peices, get fitter & learn to develope them?

So how do players then get better?

Last if it is that the players a rubbish and playing at their peak, who signed them? RVW, Bassong, Fer, Elmander etc. is he not accountable?

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="morty"]Heres an interesting point Indy.How do you actually know another manager could get more out of the players we have. Could it be the case that the players we have maybe aren''t as good as some people think they are?It amazes me that so many people on here are so knowledgeable about football that they see some untapped potential in players.Could it be the case, that, man for man, Swansea actually have a better squad?Of course, I am speculating, its all just opinion, but I find it funny when people say with such certainty that there is an untapped, rich vein of talent, somehow hidden in our players, that a new manager will magically unlock.[/quote]

[/quote]But what is their potential? I don''t know how people are gauging this. Average players will be just that, they will have good games and bad.And people get way too hung up on the money we spent, man for man, apart from maybe RVW, it really isn''t that much.Again people say, with all confidence that Hughton isn''t getting the best out of the players, and frankly that is an impossible statement to quantify.[/quote]

Fair enough, so you don''t think that different managers have different ways to get more out of players and teams? You don''t think for example Fergie get''s more out of a team or players than say Hughton? You don''t think that a good manager can push players, motivate them to practice set peices, get fitter & learn to develope them?

So how do players then get better?

Last if it is that the players a rubbish and playing at their peak, who signed them? RVW, Bassong, Fer, Elmander etc. is he not accountable?

[/quote]You get what you pay for, so you could argue that Fergie has a lot more potential to work with in the first place.Of course good management and coaching can improve, and get the best out of a player, I am not disputing that.More putting the point across that when people trot out the line "Hughton isn''t getting the best out of the players" it cannot actually be quantified. Yes you can say the results bear it out, but it could also be true that the players are playing to their best.It all comes down to people just trotting out phrases they have seen other people say, and folks getting too caught up in what we have paid for players.