Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Interesting match fact ahead of Hull...

From the bbc:
"They[Norwich] are the only Premier League team yet to have a substitute score for them this season."
Though it comes at no surprise really, it made me wonder if this is possibly our major flaw, it''s been said several times that we lack a plan B and things either work or they don''t. Looking back at the West Ham game at 0-1 we looked dead and buried but then came a change, the penalty and the game was turned on it''s head. Sadly we can''t rely on referees to award us game changing penalties every week :P we need our manager to provide the spark and catalyst to change a losing match, something Hughton seems to have failed to grasp in his time here.

[quote user="Ginja"]From the bbc:
"They[Norwich] are the only Premier League team yet to have a substitute score for them this season."
Though it comes at no surprise really, it made me wonder if this is possibly our major flaw, it''s been said several times that we lack a plan B and things either work or they don''t. Looking back at the West Ham game at 0-1 we looked dead and buried but then came a change, the penalty and the game was turned on it''s head. Sadly we can''t rely on referees to award us game changing penalties every week :P we need our manager to provide the spark and catalyst to change a losing match, something Hughton seems to have failed to grasp in his time here.
[/quote]I cannot see where bringing on a substitute in the 89th minute is a problem !Though more seriously it is our not scoring that is the real problem

I too was reading these facts, the more alarming one was Ricky Van Wolfswinkel, I know he has not been great with only one goal, but he has only had 4 shots on target all season.

Fraz "I too was reading these facts, the more alarming one was Ricky Van Wolfswinkel, I know he has not been great with only one goal, but he has only had 4 shots on target all season."

Perhaps if he hadn''t been injured for half the season and we gave him better supply, he might have a bit more success.

[quote user="City1st"]I cannot see where bringing on a substitute in the 89th minute is a problem!Though more seriously it is our not scoring that is the real problem[/quote]
I''m not disagreeing with you on that and it is a big problem for us.
 I''m just saying that we never look that different over the course of 90mins. I think we need to be a bit more bold and flexible, too many like for like changes and do we ever change formation? How many times have we been really pushing for an equaliser or winner? The team seems to have one gear.
"We never look like..." is a phrase that springs to mind far too much at the moment.