Tettey and Pilkington available?

According to BBC website...

If so, my team would be:

--------------Ruddy--------------

Gutierrez Martin Bennett Olsson

------------Tettey Fer

---Redmond Hoolahan Pilks

--------------Hooper-------------

They are available, but after one week of training it must surely be doubtful that they will start. Tettey has been out two months or so, and had an operation, so he will have to eased back to match fitness.

Of the team selected by Fuzzar, I suspect that Hughton, fixated by Snodgrass, will choose the Scotsman to occupy the right wing slot, and Redmond having "failed" on the left will be on the bench.

I am not sure about Gutierrez at full back. We have struggled in the central midfield in the absence of Howson, and I think that the Argentine may be used in some way to bolster that area,

My guess will be that we line up like this:

-------------Ruddy----------------

Martin Bennett Bassong Olsson

-----------Fer Johnson--------

Snodgrass Elmander Gutierrez

-------------Hooper---------------

Or if Gutierrez isn''t match fit, he might give Pilks the start – he seemed to infer that Pilks was more ready for a start than Tettey. I''d prefer Redmond and Hoolahan to Snodgrass and Elmander, but Snoddy seems undroppable in CH''s eyes.

I think we''ll see Hooper and Wolfy upfront again with Guitterez playing to allow Fer more attacking freedom.
And preferably Redmond on the right, although Snodgrass did have his best half of the season so far. Probably one of only two that can justify his place in the team.

I agree with you Salopian that Gutierrez will be useful in the middle in the absence of Howson and with Tettey coming back to full fitness, it''s just I think Bassong needs to sit on the bench and have a think about what he''s done (or not done).

Gutierrez has played RB before and I think would be a better option than Whittaker who I don''t rate personally. And playing him behind my preferred Redmond on the right might give more solidity on that side of the pitch. I would start with Pilks and bring on Murphy if he tires and if Tettey''s not quite ready, would start with Johnson who I thought worked really hard against Fulham.

Anyway, who really gives a monkey''s, as long as we win!

I think Johnson will free up Fer to play his natural game. Tettey or Gutierrez could do that job better in the future, but neither are match fit. Much as I don''t think Johnson is a top-flight player, he has actually been one of our better players in the last few games, so I''d start him tomorrow. Gutierrez will offer us some much-needed versatility to cover injuries, suspensions and loss of form. He can play full-back or anywhere across the midfield, so whether he starts or is on the bench he could be a valuable player for us until the end of the season.

Definitely agree about Gutierrez'' potential value with his versatility, but also his apparent whole-heartedness, not something I''ve seen from all wearing the yellow and green so far this year...

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]My guess will be that we line up like this:-------------Ruddy----------------Martin Bennett Bassong Olsson-----------Fer Johnson--------

Snodgrass Elmander Gutierrez-------------Hooper---------------Or if Gutierrez isn''t match fit, he might give Pilks the start – he seemed to infer that Pilks was more ready for a start than Tettey. I''d prefer Redmond and Hoolahan to Snodgrass and Elmander, but Snoddy seems undroppable in CH''s eyes.[/quote]I think that line-up is likely to be spot on.  A team full of grafters!No point bringing in Gutierrez now if he wasn''t ready to start against Hull. After all, he will be ineligible for the Newcastle game in ten days time.Pilks will probably replace him on the left for the final 20/30 mins.  While Tettey might come on late to play the shut-up-shop role, if we''re winning.  Or damage limitation role, if we''re losing!

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Tettey might come on late to play the shut-up-shop role, if we''re winning. Or damage limitation role, if we''re losing![/quote]

The thought of Tettey coming back in a ''damage limitation'' role at home to Hull is as frightening as it is plausible.