Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Pinkun Poll - 85% say out

3,800 responses. Must say even as a confirmed outer i''m quite staggered the result is that comprehensive.

I am not at all, we have a manager that believes a point against promoted teams is a good one given their quality. He does himself no favors in his speeches after games. We need someone that tells us we should be winning these games and shows the will to go for it. If we lose in what is a hard league to get points then so be it. At least we lost trying to win. Picking up draws is not the way to safety in this league. A couple of wins for other sides and you are in trouble again. This was acceptable in his first year as maybe the players were not good enough to stay up and we had to play like this to survive. Thus he was given the benefit of the doubt. However he has spent a lot on players now and therefore his bunch should be good enough to survive with style and maybe push higher. Unfortunately there has been no change in the PLAN!! Therefore it has to be goodbye!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]3,800 responses. Must say even as a confirmed outer i''m quite staggered the result is that comprehensive.[/quote]

85% of 3,800 fans who bothered to vote.   These kinds of votes are not truly representative as one side is more likely to vote than the other.  If a man in the street stood there asking people as they went past "Hootun in or Hootun out", the outers would say "out" most of the rest would just walk past ignoring him.    Same applies here.   

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jim Smith"]3,800 responses. Must say even as a confirmed outer i''m quite staggered the result is that comprehensive.[/quote]

85% of 3,800 fans who bothered to vote.   These kinds of votes are not truly representative as one side is more likely to vote than the other.  If a man in the street stood there asking people as they went past "Hootun in or Hootun out", the outers would say "out" most of the rest would just walk past ignoring him.    Same applies here.   

[/quote]

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTefZVtSEkXL9cH7RCnCRVQAs6DarLmw0jW__EtJiVS2BvI470L[/img]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]3,800 responses. Must say even as a confirmed outer i''m quite staggered the result is that comprehensive.[/quote]

How many were Ipswich supporters?

A more reflective survey would be of people of actually pay to watch games home and away and i bet that would be more 50-50 spread on sacking Mr H.

Anyway we will win on Saturday, problem solved..................

H

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]
I''ll counter your post by saying that if people were ignoring him its because they couldn''t care enough if he stays or not. Imagine doing the same poll in Lamberts 2nd or 3rd season. I bet it would be more like 85% IN. People only vote is there is a passion to vote. Hence why you have the majority who say out, and the rest don''t want to even waste their time on Hughton.

[quote user="lake district canary"]85% of 3,800 fans who bothered to vote.   These kinds of votes are not truly representative as one side is more likely to vote than the other.[/quote]Whose fault is that LDC?If Hughton supporters cannot be bothered to show their support for the guy by simply clicking a button, how much genuine support are they actually giving him?No-one was being asked to walk through a minefield or eat cat$hit in order to register their opinion, it was a simple 2 second button press and off you go with the rest of your day.Of course those who want a change are likely to be vocal about it, but why shouldn''t those opposed have the balls to stand up and disagree (It hasn''t stopped posters like yourself from speaking up, so what''s wrong with the rest of the fanbase doing the same)???

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jim Smith"]3,800 responses. Must say even as a confirmed outer i''m quite staggered the result is that comprehensive.[/quote]

[/quote]

3,800 blimey that is some lynch mob hey Lakey.

3,800 responses from 25,000 fans? Its always going to be the moaners who were going to vote, not the majority of fans.

[quote user="newbe"]3,800 responses from 25,000 fans? Its always going to be the moaners who were going to vote, not the majority of fans.[/quote]

Its a pretty large sample of our fan base. Granted those who want him out are probably more passionate about it and so more likely to vote but you cannot just completely disregard a poll of 3,800 people as not being representative of the fan base. Its the biggest indicator available. And before someone comes back and says lets see if there are 25,000 people shouting for his head on Saturday there are approximately 20,000 inside Carrow Road for every match who don;t ever shout anything! If 3,800 people shout Hughton out on Saturday that will be seen as large scale discontent.

personally I know of very few fans who do not think he should go so am inclined to believe that is the view of the majority.

[/quote]

Your defiance is barmy. You have an argument to every Hughton out stat or statement. Will you ever concede defeat? Or will it get the point where by you are the only pro Hughton fan left?

Sorry Indy but the press and TV are in the business of the generation drama and change. I don''t take part in Mickey Mouse surveys.

This is not the first attempt to oust Hughton and whilst i too share concerns about tactics etc i do not like outsiders with their own agendas telling me what should happen to the club i have supported for many years.

I have a feeling, and not for the first time Hughton will show his mettle and get the results we need when the pressure is on.

What happens at the end of the season is a different matter. Playing entertaining football and losing and being relegated is naivety in the extreme.

H

I do not think you can argue against their being a groundswell of opinion wanting Chris Hughton to be sacked. Lets just assume for a moment that Norwich do not get relegated and Chris Hughton is still manager at the start of the 2014/2015 Premiership season, how many season tickets do you think will get renewed, for me the figure renewing under that scenario will be far more telling than any on line poll.........

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]I don''t take part in Mickey Mouse surveys.[/quote]So you didn''t care enough about voicing your opinion to take 2 seconds out of your day - noted.[quote]This is not the first attempt to oust Hughton and whilst i too share concerns about tactics etc i do not like outsiders with their own agendas telling me what should happen to the club i have supported for many years.[/quote]It''s an opinion poll ffs, not some royal decree you have to follow or get beheaded!It''s a simple question, do you think he should go - yes or no, there''s no outside agenda there, simply a means to gauge the opinion of the average fan in this respect.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I do not think you can argue against their being a groundswell of opinion wanting Chris Hughton to be sacked. Lets just assume for a moment that Norwich do not get relegated and Chris Hughton is still manager at the start of the 2014/2015 Premiership season, how many season tickets do you think will get renewed, for me the figure renewing under that scenario will be far more telling than any on line poll.........[/quote]

Not sure that''s the case. I want him gone but would still renew my season ticket because its what I (and other fans) do because we support Norwich City and not Chris Hughton, David Mcnally or any other one individual.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Not sure that''s the case. I want him gone but would still renew my season ticket because its what I (and other fans) do because we support Norwich City and not Chris Hughton, David Mcnally or any other one individual.[/quote]

Great to be in total agreement with Jimbo again!

But this sentiment makes many of the threads on here dead ducks.

Jim Smith - Totally agree with you, the purpose of my post was to say that I would take more notice if 85% of season ticket holders chose not to renew wheras the poll referred to in this post means 4/5 of nothing as it is not clear who took part in said poll (could have been 3000 Ippo supporters for all I know)......

Seems about right. 85% of posters on here seem to want him gone, so it is representative of the online pink un demographic. I didn''t vote and don''t really care whether he is manager or not I just wanna see us play with more confidence.

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]Sorry Indy but the press and TV are in the business of the generation drama and change. I don''t take part in Mickey Mouse surveys.

This is not the first attempt to oust Hughton and whilst i too share concerns about tactics etc i do not like outsiders with their own agendas telling me what should happen to the club i have supported for many years.

I have a feeling, and not for the first time Hughton will show his mettle and get the results we need when the pressure is on.

What happens at the end of the season is a different matter. Playing entertaining football and losing and being relegated is naivety in the extreme.

H[/quote]Surely to god every game at this level is ''pressure''.If he has this supposed mettle then why has he not shown it to stop him getting into this supposed kind of pressure. Why not at home to Fulham or away in the cup ?This is merely trying to confuse random luck with some sort of ability.

But if you sacked him today, and Mackay''s lawyers have hypothetically told him not to accept any work until Cardiff have paid him off, who do you go for?

I like being in the 15%, we''re a select group. We were in the minority when they wanted Delia out but the old girl whupped them.So will Hughton. [<:o)]

[quote user="ncfctilidie1080"]For all we know, the 15 % who voted for him to stay could well be the binners. [/quote]For all we know the 85% could be binners.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ncfctilidie1080"]For all we know, the 15 % who voted for him to stay could well be the binners. [/quote]For all we know the 85% could be binners.

[/quote]I thought that had already been hinted at?

[quote user="ncfctilidie1080"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ncfctilidie1080"]For all we know, the 15 % who voted for him to stay could well be the binners. [/quote]For all we know the 85% could be binners.

[/quote]I thought that had already been hinted at?[/quote]I didn''t read the whole thread[:$]

The bigger the sample size the more accurate the conclusions which can be drawn. A sample of 3800 is massive, bigger than a lot of the political polls that are done to indicate support for Tories and Labour etc!

So that''s now 90%+ of the old fogies on Radio Norfolk, and 85% of the tech savvy. Lakey, which other medium would you suggest needs to be used to obtain a more balanced representation?

All looks pretty conclusive to me, and not sure a swing that huge can be reversed.