Sign in to follow this  
Simple Jack

All plastics are equal but some are more equal than others ...

Most of us long-suffering paying supporters, you know the ones who actually put their hand in their collective pockets to watch the garbage on offer for the last couple of seasons, can tolerate the ill-informed views of the common or garden stream watching armchair fan.

But we have a new phenomenon which is less palatable, the uber plastic. Despite rarely if ever attending games (and making a huge song and dance of the very rare occasions when they do see a game in the flesh) they attempt to portray themselves as true keepers of the faith - when others have fallen by the wayside and had the temerity to question the team''s direction, these poor fools are shouted down by the uber plastic and told to support their team through thick and thin. Well, most of us were doing that and mostly through "thin" for long, long periods of time. Long before the uber plastic discovered internet streams.

I think all parties would be much happier if the uber plastic simply supported his local team.

That would be Carlisle?

Some are worse than others, they all demand absolute respect, which annoys me. I think most believe they are extra special because they are supporting from afar.

Bottom line is, try to emotionally control yourself, wherever you live.

OP, you really are an ar**hole.I''ve supported City for nigh on 46 years, attended more games, home and away, than you''ve had hot dinners.The fact that I was made redundant 7 years ago and am still on 50% of the wage I was on then prevents me from affording a matchday ticket except on the very odd occasion.I listen,read, support all things City as strongly now as I''ve always done, just these days technology allows me to view from home on some very good streams.I still feel the pain watching City lose games as much as in 1968.You Sir are a first class Twunt.( or 12 years of age).

Dead right Buh. "I''m really special because I live a very long way from Carrow Road" does get a trifle irritating. Of course they''re entitled to their opinion, it simply doesn''t carry the weight of someone who actually goes to games. Seems like common sense to me.

[quote user="Simple Jack"]Dead right Buh. "I''m really special because I live a very long way from Carrow Road" does get a trifle irritating. Of course they''re entitled to their opinion, it simply doesn''t carry the weight of someone who actually goes to games. Seems like common sense to me.[/quote]

The amount of games you go to and the location you live have sod all to do with having an opinion on the club you support.

Go stick your head in a bucket

Totally agree with Les. The OP/Waveney/ThorpeEnd poster who uses his multiple id''s to spread his bigoted views makes me sick.

It is beyond stupid to class yourself as a more worthy fan just because you attend more games than another fans. If you take your pathetic argument to its conclusion you believe that Norwich should only really have 26000 fans.

[quote user="Brightside"]Totally agree with Les. The OP/Waveney/ThorpeEnd poster who uses his multiple id''s to spread his bigoted views makes me sick.

It is beyond stupid to class yourself as a more worthy fan just because you attend more games than another fans. If you take your pathetic argument to its conclusion you believe that Norwich should only really have 26000 fans.[/quote]

What an odd ball you are!

A quick question to plastics, uber or otherwise. If the worst happens and we get relegated, what form will your "support" take? Those of us who actually go to games will keep doing precisely that. But you, the armchair "fan", the plastic, without your precious stream how will you watch matches? How will you be able to blind us the long suffering paying punter with your incredible insight? In short, you''ll vanish just as quickly as you appeared three seasons ago.

Probably go to games. Once you glory hunters have disappeared freeing up seats and tickets become a bit cheaper.

Damn right! I pay good money for my seat, I know when a manager''s time is up and I don''t need some condescending berk from Cumbria telling me Hughton is a football genius.

So, in extremis, the only "real" fans are those that attend every home and away fixture, cup and league, and, I guess, open training sessions and testimonials as well. Moreover, they do so from the moment of birth until they finally pop their clogs triggered by yet another dire performance. On that basis, nobody is a "real" fan - other than you, of course. I suggest you set up your own site. Try several usernames and have a chat amongst yourself  ...........oh, hang on!Simple and "YouKnowJack"

[quote user="Simple Jack"]Damn right! I pay good money for my seat, I know when a manager''s time is up and I don''t need some condescending berk from Cumbria telling me Hughton is a football genius.[/quote]

Aah - my user name is LDC - afraid to say it out loud?   Well my simpetlon friend.  I don''t think Hughton is a footballing genius.   I think he is lucky to still be in his job, as other managers have been sacked for less.   However, I  also try and understand what is happening in the premiership - that we are still in the mix of clubs - that we have had some good results as well as poor ones, so it has been a mixed bag.   I pay good money to watch Norwich play too.  It costs me around £45 a ticket, I spend £100 a home match travel - either train or petrol - sometimes I stay in the Brook Hotel near the showground too which is an extra £50.  So to see one home match it costs me  £150 - £200.     Away games are easier and quite often cheaper.  The atmosphere is better with our away fans and travel is cheaper if the matches are further north.  So say average £100 a match.    

I went to twelve matches last season, costing me around £1500, not to mention the time it takes to travel - Norwich and back quite often over two days. Tell me I am not worthy to be considered a proper supporter if you like but I will refute that and I will also reserve the right to comment on our team our manager, our players  and are more idiot like fans when I feel like it.   Don''t assume I think you are an idiot - I know you are.  

If that is too condescending for your little Chicken McNugget sized brain, I am sorry, but there it is.

[quote user=" Zak Cartman"][quote user="SpackerJack"]Damn right! My mum pays good money for my seat[/quote][/quote]

[:D] [Y]

God. People like this guy really are simple. Never mind if some people used to go to games, and can''t anymore through age, lack of money or location. They can only live in the here and now. I suppose I was a true supporter ''93 to 2006, but now I''ve moved away, all that money the club had off of me and my dad doesn''t count and I''m a Johnny come lately plastic.
Even in the Championship season I was in a house in the hills of Donegal in the middle of nowhere to write our first album, we had BBC 1 & 2 (both fuzzy because we were on the border of N. Ireland) UTV and the irish channel four. That was it. We had no internet in the house, or flashy iPhones then because we were ridiculously poor. So I would sit for 90 minutes and watch teletext update. Even the other 4 lads who all supported United (funnily enough as 3 of them were born in Cork, and one Dublin) would think it was hilarious that I''d go mad watching the screen blink and update when we''d score, especially when those late goals vs Millwall and Reading went in.
There is no such thing as a better fan. I breath NCFC, and spend way too much of my time looking at NCFC related things, when I should be doing other things. If I could afford the 800 quid round ticket, and fly 9-10 hours for every home game I would. But it just isn''t realistic, and not all of us can live in Norwich our whole lives. There''s a bigger world out there to be seen and experienced. And sometimes for work or relationships you need to move. Doesn''t mean you forget your home though - FCR!

My granddads cousins uncles neighbours blacksmith once rode his horse through norfolk in bygone days of lore so that makes me a true norwich fan. Seems to be the main justification for the plastics so called support

Whilst we are attacking hughton, McNally etc those are not at the root of our problems it is the slow decline of us moving away from our roots as a norfolk club for norfolk residents that is destroying the club. Look at what happened to Pompey we are going down the same road. Going to hell in a handcart so we are.

Couldn''t agree more. Norwich City has always had a tradition of being a "community" club - not some ridiculous nebulous internet community but a club which draws its support from the surrounding area and has strong links to that community.

The steady rise of the stream watching plastic is eroding this strong community identity and that''s a great shame.

Norwich City - a local club for local people. As it should be.

I can''t work out if this is a very poor attempt at humour or you really are as thick as pig shite. Either way you and your multiple personalities are doing a great job of enhancing the inbread six toed village idiot Norfolk stereotype. Well done moron.

For the record I am not simple jack but he is clearly far from simple but a bright intelligent true fan who knows where it is at

Otbc. Hughton out. Plastics out. Messiah back

The clue is in the OP''s name. "Simple" Jack. Been breathing in too much fertilizer fumes pal?

I''ve supported Norwich my entire life, despite being moved out of Norwich by my parents at the grand old age of 18months. I''ve lived in the North for most of my life and had to put up with plastic Mancs, plastic Scousers, plastic Cockneys for the entirety of it. I bust a gut to afford to get tickets and travel to games.

I don''t get to go week in and week out, for the simple fact that I can''t afford it (ticket price plus petrol / train puts the cost about £100-150 per game) and spending nearly £4500 per season is just not feasible.

Are you going to quantify me as a plastic just because I didn''t have the opportunity to grow up and live there? Does it mean I care less when we get beat? Does it mean I don''t see where the failings are with the team? No, it doesn''t.

Guys, you just keeping adding fuel to the fire of what is very clearly a deliberate troll post - and he''s reeled you in FFS!Just ignore the clowns and focus responses on threads that actually deserve it, rather than attention seeking nonsense like this.Thread /end