Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Bertrand to Villa

Sickens me to see them get him. Class left back and a player that will drive them out of that relegation mix.

I thought he''d end up at Liverpool.

Good signing.  BBC says it''s only a loan until the end of the season.  Looks like he''s simply being put in the shop window by Chelsea.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Class left back and a player that will drive them out of that relegation mix.[/quote]

He''s a decent full back but he isn''t Pele..!!

Good fullback, in both attacking and defending, and in the LB position where there are not many good candidates.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]You just watch, he''s Ashley Cole the second.[/quote]

Seeing as Chelsea have dropped Ashley Cole (the first) and been playing a right back at left back I have a feeling Bertrand isn''t really as good as you are making out.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]You just watch, he''s Ashley Cole the second.[/quote]

I''ve watched him not get in the Chelsea team ahead of a player playing out of position and a not-as-good-anymore Ashley Cole. Baines, Gibbs and Shaw are ahead of him In terms of English quality left backs.

He''s reliable (as shown for Di Matteo) but he''s now 24 and not got close to Coles level yet.

The being said, a very good signing for Villa, much like Naughton for us. A point to prove and a place to fight for for next season, or a move away.

How annoying! We could do with Naughton. Less bothered about left back, as we have Olsson and Garrido who are more than enough.

Bertrand needs games, Azpillicueta is an excellent and versatile defender and has done well at Left back. Bertrand will go back to Chelsea after a successful loan spell and take the left back spot eventually.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]I hear he''s in for David Carney.[/quote]Whereas I heard he wanted to replace Guzan with your namesake... [;)]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]I hear he''s in for David Carney.[/quote]Whereas I heard he wanted to replace Guzan with your namesake... [;)][/quote]
As much as I am a fan of Bertrand, I can understand Hughton not going in for him. There are areas we need to strengthen more, and signing 3 LB''s in one season is a little excessive IMO. Naughton on the other hand.....

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]

Are Villa planning on signing anybody who hasnt played for Norwich before in this window, or is that a pre-requisite these days?

[/quote]you sound jealous