Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Mick Dennis how much does he know ?

[quote user="pyjamas"]

I would hate to think that the board are using NCFC exclusively for their own personal enrichment, and once the club has been asset stripped on relegation, they will swan off to some tax haven.

I can''t think of any other reason for Hughton''s continuing employment other than that the board simply don''t care.[/quote]Nice angle but wouldn''t it be in an asset strippers interests to have the club in the Premier League or do you think this is the year Delia and Michael just cut and run with as much loot as they can carry?

@Cartman.

Pretty sure one of the reasons Lambert left was that he felt NCFC had hit the ceiling.

If one''s interest in NCFC is purely financial, I think this season is the time to bail out. After all, releasing Hughton and recruiting a new manager requires investment with no guarantees of premier league football - not a good return on an investment.

Time will tell if we have Fagin and the Artful Dodger at the helm.

I wouldn''t be at all surprised

Re the straw that broke the camels back debate I agree with Purple that the way the season has panned out (or perhaps more specifically the fixtures have panned out) has left us in limbo because if this habit Hughton had of pulling out a result when he absolutely needs one. It means we never quite cross that line and trickle along just treading water. That would be ok in some seasons but the reason it''s particularly worrying this season is the last 4 or 5 fixtures. It''s quite possible that we could limp along just outside the bottom three up until then only to find ourselves sucked into the bottom 3 with 2 or 3 games to go and with no prospect of escape. That''s my main worry this season.

Removing Hughton therefore needs to be done on a bigger picture basis rather than on the basis of current league position or the results of one game. Are performances good enough, is he getting the best out of the players and are we seriously at risk of going down if he stays are the three questions the board should be basing their decision on.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Re the straw that broke the camels back debate I agree with Purple that the way the season has panned out (or perhaps more specifically the fixtures have panned out) has left us in limbo because if this habit Hughton had of pulling out a result when he absolutely needs one. It means we never quite cross that line and trickle along just treading water. That would be ok in some seasons but the reason it''s particularly worrying this season is the last 4 or 5 fixtures. It''s quite possible that we could limp along just outside the bottom three up until then only to find ourselves sucked into the bottom 3 with 2 or 3 games to go and with no prospect of escape. That''s my main worry this season.

Removing Hughton therefore needs to be done on a bigger picture basis rather than on the basis of current league position or the results of one game. Are performances good enough, is he getting the best out of the players and are we seriously at risk of going down if he stays are the three questions the board should be basing their decision on.[/quote]Agreed completely, Jim, but I would, though, add a fourth question. Is there someone out there who looks likely in the time available this season to get significantly better results (although that needs only to equate to a few points) than Hughton. Given what looked like an ultimatum from McNally the assumption has to be that they have someone lined up. And presumably an outsider. There is no-one at the club who fits that description.

Mr Dennis is a friend of our majority shareholding duo. He is therefore, unlikely to question, criticise or condemn, anything concerning the board or the club in general........ He has though, criticised our fans.......

Fine by me, although I personally prefer to read impartial sport journo criticisms, opinions, and views - who don''t hold an affinity or have a soft spot for the club - and who don''t hold back, and report what they witness with an ''outsider view''.......