Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Mick Dennis how much does he know ?

[quote user="Matt Juler"]If you regularly got wined and dinned at Carrow Road, would you publicly state anything that could take that away?
[/quote]

If you were a Norwich fan would you tweet their record signing and tell them to leave?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]What worries me is that Delia has twice admitted on Telvision that she knows nothing at all about football.[:S][/quote]

And employs people who know more about it to make the decisions.

She is first and foremost, a fan.

Perhaps if a few of the fans here came to the same conclusion it would stop a lot of the confusion.

[/quote]

So are you saying that as joint majority shareholder her opinion carries no weight at board meetings?

Look how long Gunn clung on, she was enforcing an emotional decision on the club then in my opinion.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

If you were a Norwich fan would you tweet their record signing and tell them to leave?

[/quote]Well, I''m a Norwich fan and I gave my opinion about what I''d do if I was in his position, so I suppose the simple answer to your question is "yes".

Morty,

Calm down you''ll give yourself a hernia.. The facts are these...

If Man City or WBA had had anything to play for we would have been in the preverbal .... No dispute no argument! The last 18 months have seen a decline in our performances & without the breaks we had last year, we could quite easily go down. I have seen nothing in the last 3 months to change that opinion.

I''d like to see progress and an improvement in the squad (15th biggest spenders in Europe) and think a decent management team would have delivered that. It''s not knee jerk or hasty, it''s an opinion based on following City since god knows when and watching them regularly. Also one that is supported by 85% of fans acoording to a recent poll... now there is a fact.

Of course I could be wrong and you could be right (I actually hope you are...), or maybe not but I certainly would call you an idiot... that''s just a bit silly really

Here''s to 3 points Saturday

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="Warren Hill"]

[/quote]Well, I''m a Norwich fan and I gave my opinion about what I''d do if I was in his position, so I suppose the simple answer to your question is "yes".

[/quote]

Let''s hope they don''t all leave. Especially as you''re renewing your ST, there''ll be nobody to watch.

What is peoples problem with Matt? Is he not allowed his opinion? He''s an out and out City fan who like me is very concerned at the 1st team decline in the last 18 months.... history shows we have a habit of this...

PS Hi Matt

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]

[quote user="norfolkngood"]he states strongly they will not sack CH ![/quote]

Then dare I suggest the fans anger will turn in on Delia and the board.

[/quote]Only if idiots stir it up.The sooner some of them realise that our board knows more about running a football club, the better.[/quote]

Well said Morty

[quote user="Mike "]

Morty,

If Man City or WBA had had anything to play for we would have been in the preverbal .... [/quote]

That old chestnut.....we had nothing to play for either...

[quote user="Mike "]

Morty,

If Man City or WBA had had anything to play for we would have been in the preverbal .... No dispute no argument!

[/quote]

I''m amazed that after all this time people are still getting this wrong.

"If Man City or WBA had had anything to play for we would have been in the preverbal .... No dispute no argument!"  Can I dispute that ? The plain truth is if we had lost those two games we would have we would have still remained in the Premiership.

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Mike "]

Morty,

If Man City or WBA had had anything to play for we would have been in the preverbal .... [/quote]

[/quote]Not so. Wigan could still easily have overtaken us when we played West Brom. We were on 38 points and they were on 35, with two games left each. Hence the roar of relief when their keeper gifted us the second goal.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Mike "]

Morty,

[/quote]

Not so. Wigan could still easily have overtaken us when we played West Brom. We were on 38 points and they were on 35, with two games left each. Hence the roar of relief when their keeper gifted us the second goal.

[/quote]

I''m perfectly aware of that, the point I was making was that if Mike can fabricate facts, so can I.

Though by the time we played Man City we did have nothing to play for......

Beach football.

We were cr@p at Fulham but an FA cup replay in Fulham is hardly going to be a defining point of our season. CH future will be determined against the backdrop of a season, an away loss in the cup will only be a very small part in the bigger picture.

If we get thrashed at home on Saturday that will be a far more significant event and I would expect something like that to influence the board far more. If we cannot sustain PL results at home then that has a massive impact on the bigger picture.

That old chestnut? Ok.....

Personally I''d hoped we''d not be worrying about relegation two weeks before the end of the season but maybe you saw it as exciting...

Lets hope we have enough points in the bank before the last 5 games...

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Mike "]

Morty,

[/quote]Not so. Wigan could still easily have overtaken us when we played West Brom. We were on 38 points and they were on 35, with two games left each. Hence the roar of relief when their keeper gifted us the second goal.[/quote]

I''m perfectly aware of that, the point I was making was that if Mike can fabricate facts, so can I.

Though by the time we played Man City we did have nothing to play for......

Beach football.

[/quote]Not really interested in some squabble you''re having with another poster. You said we had nothing to play for against West Brom. But we did.

PurpleCanary, stop it! We are hasty idiots and know nothing... all is good.

Won''t it be nice to have an adult conversation without some regulars on here getting all uppity? Oh well we can hope....

I''d say as likely as expansive entertaining football with our current coaching team :o)

After we''d lost to Villa at home we were 3 points ahead of Wigan with 2 to play, I think they played their 3rd from last game on the Monday night and were leading at half time, at that stage we were favourites with the bookies to go down so I think it''s a stretch to say we were never in danger.

As for the Citeh game, their season was done after their poor attempt to retain their title had ended in failure, where as we on the other hand just had a huge weight lifted from our shoulders after a long horrible run post-Christmas. It''s not too much of a stretch to think that the mental state of both sides had an effect on the result.

Of course I could be completely wrong but our result at the Etihad this season would suggest to me that that school of thought isn''t too far off the mark.

[quote user="Mike "]

PurpleCanary, stop it! We are hasty idiots and know nothing... all is good.

Won''t it be nice to have an adult conversation without some regulars on here getting all uppity? Oh well we can hope....

I''d say as likely as expansive entertaining football with our current coaching team :o)

[/quote]

More likely to get an adult conversation if you don''t lead off with something which is, at best, wildly speculative and claim that it''s fact.

Purple, if you''re going to spend your time correcting factual inaccuracies of posts, you should really do it for both sides, you know, in the interest of fairness.

My point was, in response to being called hasty and an idiot, that we have been getting worse as a team for a good 18 months and that with two games left (last season) it was out of our hands. It''s a position I feel could be mush worse this season given form.

There again, maybe the likes of Liverpool & Arsenal will roll over like WBA & Man City and we''ll all hail Hughton as "The Man".

That''s about as likely as us beating Fulham away...

I respect your opinion and hope you are correct in your assessment of Hughton & the team, hoepfully you''ll respect my opinion.

OTBC

Greetings. Thanks to those on here kind enough to point out that I am a fan. My wife and I have home and away season tickets. Home games are a 260 mile round trip. My dad was from Norfolk. I hurt as much as anybody when results and performances are poor.

I have a loose arrangement with the Express which allows me to watch Norwich in return for going anywhere they like on the Sunday or Monday.

How much do I know? Well, when the Birmingham Mail, the Daily Mirror, the Daily Telegraph and others were saying Villa had bid £1.5m for Wes, that he had handed in a transfer request and had told team-mates that he would never play for City, I tweeted and wrote in the Express that there had been no written request, the bid was £750k, and City would not sell him.

When I do KNOW something, I state it as fact. Otherwise I say that I think or believe stuff.

And sometimes things change. So when asked on talkSPORT about signings, I said I thought CH would seek loan signings from Spurs. In fact, I knew from Spurs that he wanted Andros Townsend. It didn''t happen, and the player then bloomed rather well at WHL.

I have some good sources, but I am also,told stuff on a confidential basis sometimes and would never break a confidence.

I haven''t said City won''t sack CH. I''ve said they want him to succeed, will support him, and believe that change mid-season can be very damaging.

I can''t predict the future, though.

I can''t enter into a debate here about CH or RVW or Tom Cobley because I have a lot of work to do and a life to live.

But I will always talk to any fellow Yellow Army members at games, if they don''t swear at me or my wife -- as has happened.

I have a different perspective to some because for four decades I''ve been working closely with other clubs too. I know that there are currently 10 PL clubs who all fear relegation, doubt their manager and say there''s no commitment, lost the dressing room etc. I was at Villa on Monday and heard their fans saying all of that.

Finally, I hope that we all realise that we have more in common than divides us. I certainly understand why many fans have had enough, and they are entitled to that view.

I salute the 1500 who went to Fulham and tried to keep singing and chanting on a horrid night.

I was a boardroom guest that night. I don''t apologise for having a posh seat when offered. But I didn''t have champagne. I was driving. My wife had it though!

OTBC

Great post Mick[Y]

I know that you always make plain what you know and what is just opinion. Not all journalists are so honest. And many people read various opinion columns in the media and treat them as fact because they''re published in the paper. Much of it is no more fact than an average rant on here[;)]

Just for the sake of clarity Mick, you say you haven''t said that City won''t sack Hughton, however you Tweeted this on Wednesday:

"@MickDennisReal: @jonpreed @jimmybnorwich I was with Delia and McN last night. They won''t sack Hughton."

Has something changed since that Tweet, or did you mean that he wouldn''t be sacked on the back of the Fulham FA Cup defeat? I appreciate that it''s not always easy to get your point across clearly in 140 characters.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Just for the sake of clarity Mick, you say you haven''t said that City won''t sack Hughton, however you Tweeted this on Wednesday:

"@MickDennisReal: @jonpreed @jimmybnorwich I was with Delia and McN last night. They won''t sack Hughton."

Has something changed since that Tweet, or did you mean that he wouldn''t be sacked on the back of the Fulham FA Cup defeat? I appreciate that it''s not always easy to get your point across clearly in 140 characters.[/quote]
MD - "I haven''t said City won''t sack CH".
There you go.  If Mick was a regular poster.  Some would want to run him off the board, for flip flopping & trolling.

M ick dennis wrote

Greetings. Thanks to those on here kind enough to point out that I am a fan. My wife and I have home and away season tickets. Home games are a 260 mile round trip. My dad was from Norfolk. I hurt as much as anybody when results and performances are poor.

I have a loose arrangement with the Express which allows me to watch Norwich in return for going anywhere they like on the Sunday or Monday.

How much do I know? Well, when the Birmingham Mail, the Daily Mirror, the Daily Telegraph and others were saying Villa had bid £1.5m for Wes, that he had handed in a transfer request and had told team-mates that he would never play for City, I tweeted and wrote in the Express that there had been no written request, the bid was £750k, and City would not sell him.

When I do KNOW something, I state it as fact. Otherwise I say that I think or believe stuff.

And sometimes things change. So when asked on talkSPORT about signings, I said I thought CH would seek loan signings from Spurs. In fact, I knew from Spurs that he wanted Andros Townsend. It didn''t happen, and the player then bloomed rather well at WHL.

I have some good sources, but I am also,told stuff on a confidential basis sometimes and would never break a confidence.

I haven''t said City won''t sack CH. I''ve said they want him to succeed, will support him, and believe that change mid-season can be very damaging.

I can''t predict the future, though.

I can''t enter into a debate here about CH or RVW or Tom Cobley because I have a lot of work to do and a life to live.

But I will always talk to any fellow Yellow Army members at games, if they don''t swear at me or my wife -- as has happened.

I have a different perspective to some because for four decades I''ve been working closely with other clubs too. I know that there are currently 10 PL clubs who all fear relegation, doubt their manager and say there''s no commitment, lost the dressing room etc. I was at Villa on Monday and heard their fans saying all of that.

Finally, I hope that we all realise that we have more in common than divides us. I certainly understand why many fans have had enough, and they are entitled to that view.

I salute the 1500 who went to Fulham and tried to keep singing and chanting on a horrid night.

I was a boardroom guest that night. I don''t apologise for having a posh seat when offered. But I didn''t have champagne. I was driving. My wife had it though!

OTBC-

Pant wetter/ apologist! Insert as required.

OK. That was a 140 character summary. I knew they weren''t sacking Tues night or Weds, as some assumed or hoped, after Craven (good word) Cottage. Their position, as I understand it, is as elaborated in my post on this thread.

And lest anyone doubts, I fervently hope we win tomorrow and v Newcastle and that CH survives, thrives and stays for a decade.

That might be a minority view, I concede.

I am learning the hard way that Tweets taken out of context can be misleading!

In answer to a tweet saying the atmosphere v Hull might be fraught, I Tweeted: "I agree fans prob" or some such, in the context of the conversation. Before I knew it, there was a storm of protest saying I was blaming the fans for our current lack of wins. I''m not that brave or daft, although I did think someone could have Rubin last Sat at Goodison and closed down fracking Gareth Barry.