Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Mick Dennis how much does he know ?

How much does he know I saw a poster on here saying unofficial voice of delia ?

he is claiming on his twitter account that he was with the board at Fulham and they will not sack CH and he has their full backing ?

[quote user="norfolkngood"]

he is claiming on his twitter account that he was with the board at Fulham and they will not sack CH and he has their full backing ?

[/quote]

God knows but failure to beat Hull and CH''s position must be untenable.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]

[/quote]I doubt the board is totally in agreement, but the board will do whats best for Norwich City, and not make some knee jerk reaction.

[quote user="Eadie4England"]Hes quite a fair way up delias arse. Am i right in thinking he was a big Roeder fan. Says it all.[/quote]

No that''s not right. Dennis did write a sympathetic piece on Roeder about the human side of being hounded out of your job and the effect on family etc. I''m not familiar with any pro Roeder footballing piece by Mick

[quote user="norfolkngood"]he states strongly they will not sack CH ![/quote]

Then dare I suggest the fans anger will turn in on Delia and the board.

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]

[quote user="norfolkngood"]he states strongly they will not sack CH ![/quote]

Then dare I suggest the fans anger will turn in on Delia and the board.

[/quote]Only if idiots stir it up.The sooner some of them realise that our board knows more about running a football club, the better.

He says the same old rubbish every time the manager is under pressure.  He just re-hashes what he''s already written previous. 
As far as I''m concerned, he loves it when it goes wobbly, it laps it up like a fly on a dog''s sloppy bum brownie.  Nothing but a part time supporter & full time mixer.

Mick Dennis when asked who''d we sign in the summer, said that we should look no further than Hughton''s Spurs contacts..... I take what he says with a very large pinch of salt....

By the way, knee jerk reactions to changing Hughton? You obviously haven''t watched the team for the last 2 years...

I do believe that our board knows how to run a football club the work we have done to get debt free and even to get to the premiership is fantastic but I do think they might have got this CH sacking wrong if true

[quote user="Mike "]

Mick Dennis when asked who''d we sign in the summer, said that we should look no further than Hughton''s Spurs contacts..... I take what he says with a very large pinch of salt....

By the way, knee jerk reactions to changing Hughton? You obviously haven''t watched the team for the last 2 years...

[/quote]Yes I have.Where did we finish again last season?

Where are we in the league now and where would we be without the fortuitous 10 game unbeaten run last year (numerous last minute draws etc) plus WBA & Man City not bothering?

You have your opinion which I respect but please don''t label those that disagree with you as idiots or hasty...

Personally, I force a change in Hughton''s backroom staff and make him work with new coaches such as Phelan. Calderwood & Trollope are clearly not improving the current squad and clearly don''t know how to get the best out of Ricky who was the one plus point on Tuesday.

Unfortunately, I think the best we can hope for is survival somehow & then a complete change in June, ready for the summer planning.

Bit risky if you ask me but there you go...

Mick Dennis has very good contacts at Norwich - but he is given the party line by the board. He isn''t going to break any stories or give fans info that the club don''t want fans having.

Because he''s well connected his opinion is often confused for fact and like all jurnos he isn''t going to be told anything about transfer targets.

City fan and nice guy... travels with the caps quite a lot :o)

Oh and I don''t always agree with him

[quote user="Mike "]

Where are we in the league now and where would we be without the fortuitous 10 game unbeaten run last year (numerous last minute draws etc) plus WBA & Man City not bothering?

You have your opinion which I respect but please don''t label those that disagree with you as idiots or hasty...

Personally, I force a change in Hughton''s backroom staff and make him work with new coaches such as Phelan. Calderwood & Trollope are clearly not improving the current squad and clearly don''t know how to get the best out of Ricky who was the one plus point on Tuesday.

Unfortunately, I think the best we can hope for is survival somehow & then a complete change in June, ready for the summer planning.

Bit risky if you ask me but there you go...

[/quote]Oh for goodness sake, not the old "lets discount the games that don''t suit my agenda" routine. But you''re right, if we discount our wins we would certainly have been relegated.Heres some facts, we finished in a very good league position last season, and we were never actually relegation threatened (go check how much we were in the relegation zone last season)Don''t confuse your opinion with actual facts.

Everybody has the right to disagree with whoever they like, but don''t go calling him a part time fan.

Mick Dennis has been supporting City for years and nearly always manages to mention us even when he is on the radio supposedly talking about other clubs.

Maybe some are having a go just because he writes reasonably argued articles.

[quote user="Truculent Trucker"]He sounds like a Londoner to me. How come he''s a keen Canary. Is he a Norfukian exile?[/quote]Yes he''s a Londoner. First love was Chelsea but while working as a football reporter for Eastern Counties Newspapers in Norwich in the 70''s he become a committed City fan.Decent bloke.

He knows some stuff. Doesn''t know other stuff. Much like most people.
Although you do get the odd person (mostly post on here bizarrely) who know very very little...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]He knows some stuff. Doesn''t know other stuff. Much like most people.
Although you do get the odd person (mostly post on here bizarrely) who know very very little...
[/quote]Yes, you certainly have to be odd to post on here......

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkngood"]

[/quote]I doubt the board is totally in agreement, but the board will do whats best for Norwich City, and not make some knee jerk reaction.

[/quote]

'''' and not make some knee jerk reaction ''''

this is the point tho isnt it, its hardly a knee jerk reaction, it would be a decsion based on a recurring and depressing theme. Nothing has changed and id argue weve actually gone backwards on last season. We used to scrap draws and win games 1-0 and were hard to beat. This season were doing neither, the defence looks as weak as ever and were not scoring at all, offensively were far worse, theres very little attacking cohesiveness and we seem to rely on individual brilliance to get us a goal.

What worries me is that Delia has twice admitted on Telvision that she knows nothing at all about football.[:S]

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]What worries me is that Delia has twice admitted on Telvision that she knows nothing at all about football.[:S][/quote]And employs people who know more about it to make the decisions.She is first and foremost, a fan.Perhaps if a few of the fans here came to the same conclusion it would stop a lot of the confusion.