Cb Bennett

Cb Bassong

Dm Johnson

Rm Fer

Lm Jonas

Am Hoolahan

Cf Hooper

Cf RVW

Some might label it a diamond but I think it''d do the job against Hull!

Some might label it a diamond because that''s what it is.

I am really not convinced Wes is the answer, but if he is going to play this is the only formation that suits him.

I think id prefer 4-4-2 with at least one winger

Ruddy

Martin Bassong Bennett Olsson

Redmond Fer Johnson Jonas

RVW Hooper

Any news on Howson, Pilks or Tettey. This would change if any of them were available. And would be a close call between Redmond and Wes.

A few signs of a partnership developing between RVW and Hoops at Everton, and though RVW did well when he came on at Fulham.

Last time we couldn''t compete with Huddlestone and Co. in the midfield.

While I appreciate that Hughton is desperate, or ought to be, for a win, and we are at home, I would be surprised to see both strikers start, and only a three man midfield.

Added to which, while Wes is very creative, he is not so good on the defensive side, and apart from Gutierrez we have no winger. Two players emerged from the Fulham game with any credit - Bradley and Josh. Clint suggests Bradley, and I would suggest Josh starts as well.

I rekon                        Ruddy, Martin, Bennett, Bassong, Garrido.                        TettySnodgrass, Fer, Hoolahan, Pilkington(if fit)                        HooperGoes back to what looked like our most impressive form of this season, apart from Howson. We really do miss the forward drive from Howson a lot. Looking back at our highlights from earlier in the season its quite interesting how many people forward we had and near/in the box when playing like this. I know we have lost the confidence to do this but if we can get going with this formation again, I think we will give a good game.

Wouldn''t it be funny if Hughton was just stringing us along, and Howson was actually fit[:)]

Ruddy

Martin Bassong Bennett Olsson

Snodgrass Johnson Fer Gutierrez

Hooper RvW

Bench: Bunn Whittaker Garrido Pilkingtom Redmond Tettey Elmander

Never understand Snodgrass being in the team as an automatic first choice. He tries hard and I love his commitment but slows down any play .....and therefore gives defences an easy time because they get thinking time. Of course as its been well covered in other threads, this is a disaster when you have someone as clever in his movement as RVW. It is simply poor tactics and poor management ultimately. If even I can see this and other posters who watch a game (LDC...the eternal optimist of this board has noticed too) then why the hell can''t the management team.

Morty said

Wouldn''t it be funny if Hughton was just stringing us along, and Howson was actually fit

That would suggest some wit and imagination, so not a chance!

[quote user="morty"]Wouldn''t it be funny if Hughton was just stringing us along, and Howson was actually fit[:)][/quote]

Wouldn''t it be funny if Hughton was actually stringing us along and we actually won a game? ; )

The 4-3-(wes)-2

---------------Ruddy----------------

Martin-Bennett-Bassong-Olsson

----(wes)-----Johnson-------------

---------------------(wes)-----------

----Fer-(wes)-Gutierrez---(wes)

wes-----wes----------wes---------

--(wes)-RVW(wes)Hooper-(wes)

Lets just let Wes play wherever he wants, because then we''ll look good at football....

New strikers or not you can be almost certain Hull are going to pack the midfield away from home. We go 442 it will mean us losing the midfield battle in a game we need to win.

It''s all opinion but I would personally play:

Ruddy,

Martin Bassong Turner Olsson

Snodgrass Johnson Fer Pilkington

Hoolahan Hooper

Try to outplay them on the ground to start and change it up with a second striker if its not working. If we start 442 I can see us losing the possession war at the start and the crowd getting nervous/frustrated and getting on the players backs, exactly what we don''t need.

Dont hull play 5 at the back, 3 centre halves and wing backs. So i doubt we are going to go 1 up top on his own, they are normally left isolated when up against 2 centre halves so i predict

Ruddy

Whittaker Bennett Bassong Olsson

Snodgrass Fer Johnson Redmond

RVW Hooper

Bunn Martin Tettey Gutierrez Pilkington Hoolahan Elmander

We have looked poor for at least 45 minutes of almost every game this season, but we have looked marginally better playing 4 5 1, our passing is too poor and defence sits too deep to play 4 4 2 successfully.

I also have question marks over Fer, the chap is one of the laziest people i''ve seen in a norwich shirt but he does have quality to him.

My team would be

Ruddy

Martin Bassong Bennett Ollson

Tettey

Gutierrez Fer Johnson Redmond

Hooper

To me we always play best when we have our best ball players out there. It was true under Lambert too.                 Ruddy  Martin Bennett Bassong OllsonRedmond  Fer Gutierrez Pilkington               Hoolahan                Hooper 

[quote user="Salopian"]Last time we couldn''t compete with Huddlestone and Co. in the midfield.

While I appreciate that Hughton is desperate, or ought to be, for a win, and we are at home, I would be surprised to see both strikers start, and only a three man midfield.

Added to which, while Wes is very creative, he is not so good on the defensive side, and apart from Gutierrez we have no winger. Two players emerged from the Fulham game with any credit - Bradley and Josh. Clint suggests Bradley, and I would suggest Josh starts as well.[/quote]Agreed, but the trouble is Hughton seems now to be influenced by what he thinks the fans want. It depends who is fit, but Ruddy and a back four of Martin, Bassong, Bennett R and Olsson pretty much picks itself. I would like to see one up front (which would be Hooper), Redmond on the right and whoever is fit out of Pilkington, Gutierrez etc on the left (I wouldn''t play Redmond AND Murphy because that would be too naively attacking). And Fer and Johnson in midfield (assuming Tettey is not fit) with Hoolahan further up (or Howson if mysteriously fit). I gather Hull tend to play three centre-backs, and are strongest in midfield, so I wouldn''t go for 4-4-2, whch would seem to play right into their hands. But whether Hughton will agree.

Ps. If Gutierrez is match fit and has been bought to play in central midfield then Hughton might see him as an alternative to Hoolahan. That sounds as if it might be his best role now.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Ps. If Gutierrez is match fit and has been bought to play in central midfield then Hughton might see him as an alternative to Hoolahan. That sounds as if it might be his best role now.
[/quote]

These guys should be our back line!!

http://youtu.be/5748lK9HpOg

We have to match their five man midfield. We can''t go another game being overrun in midfield. I match their 3-5-2                        Ruddy        Martin     Bassong     BennettSnoddy      Fer            Jonno           Olsson                      Hoolahan                 RVW         Hooper

Hughton''s team for Saturday                          Snodgrass         Snodgrass Snodgrass Snodgrass                          SnodgrassSnodgrass Snodgrass Snodgrass Snodgrass                          Snodgrass                            Becchio

We are in a precarious position - needing 20 points from 17 games - we need to get most those points if not all from the first 13 games if you believe the last 4 games are unwinnable.

Like last season Hughton has started his preferred lineups at the beginning of the season.

Last season when we dropped into the bottom 3, he at least had the sense to bring back Hoolahan. He needs to do that again this season ! Before the situation becomes irretrievable.

My opinion - Hoolahan needs to play most of the remaining fixtures. He may not be everybody''s "cup of tea" but he will pull us away from the bottom 3.

Ruddy

Gutierrez - Martin - Bassong - Olson or Garrido

Redmond - Fer - Johnson - Pilkington

Hoolahan

RVW or Hooper

[quote user="Barossa"]We have to match their five man midfield. We can''t go another game being overrun in midfield. I match their 3-5-2                        Ruddy        Martin     Bassong     BennettSnoddy      Fer            Jonno           Olsson                      Hoolahan                 RVW         Hooper[/quote]

I like this formation and team, but i doubt Hughton has tried it in training. Have to say i never expected Brucey to be the manager to play 3 5 2 on a consistent basis.

It is the only way we can play Hooper and RVW together

[quote user="Barossa"]We have to match their five man midfield. We can''t go another game being overrun in midfield. I match their 3-5-2                        Ruddy        Martin     Bassong     BennettSnoddy      Fer            Jonno           Olsson                      Hoolahan                 RVW         Hooper[/quote]

I like this formation and team, but i doubt Hughton has tried it in training. Have to say i never expected Brucey to be the manager to play 3 5 2 on a consistent basis.

It is the only way we can play Hooper and RVW together

so much depends on just how fit pilks, jonas and tettey are; if they are ready then pick them, far better quality than the current starters, particularly tettey, as a certain starter in place of the willing BJ.

wanting all in teh squad able to start my team would be

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Bassong Olsson

Tettey

Redmond Fer Jonas Pilks

RvW