Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Kyle Naughton

If Spurs are willing to let him go out on loan then is there a good reason why we wouldn''t be in for him?

One of our best players the season before last, and the type of signing that we''d be expected to compete for in the summer if we stay up.

I''d be very dissapointed if he went out on loan and we made no attempt at all to bring him here, especially after the way Whittaker played against Fulham.

100% agree with this ,,, one of our glaring underperforming areas has become RB.

However , I don''t much like the comment clueless made yesterday after securing Guitierez, that other business in the market will have to wait ............I am hoping this is purely that he has been told that anything less than a win means P45 for him ,and not that for whatever reason , the club is not looking actively to strengthen.

Was excellent for us and it''s definitely an area that needs improving. Seen him play a few times this season at left back for spurs and was quite poor though.

[quote user="Le Juge"]If Spurs are willing to let him go out on loan then is there a good reason why we wouldn''t be in for him?[/quote]Yes, because he offers too much attacking potential for Hughton to cope with.This is why there was talk of Gutierrez possibly playing RB, because he''ll follow Hughton''s orders and just sit back and defend for the entire 90 minutes which is exactly what Hughton wants from us...

Whittaker seems to have been singled out to some extent following the Fulham game yet he was no worse than anyone else.

And actually didn''t all of Fulham''s goals come from moves on our left?

Having said that, I would be very happy to see Naughton back.

would be a great signing for us and was a level above Martin so exactly what we need to progress the squad.

Not a priority position to strengthen (attack mid and cb remain those) but apart from a stretch budget I cant think why we would not.

He''s not the only player worth looking at imo.

Earlier this week Tim Sherwood came out saying that he''s willing to let players leave. Which is understandable as their board brought them loads of players. Naughton would certainly be one of those players allowed to leave and for a squad of our size and quality, he would fit right in. Younes Kaboul contract is up in the summer too.

Yes I would love to see him back but why are we contemplating a loan rather than securing him permanently.

Have we learned nothing?

We loaned him before, he was a success. Because of his success his value rocketed. Because his value rocketed he became too expensive for us to buy and, because of his form, Spurs wanted him back.

If we loan him again and he is as successful as last time will not the same thing happen again?

Oh ... how I detest the loan system!

I don''t think Hughton should be handed any more money personally. Possible exception being for an experience centre back.

But then I''ve wanted him out since before the window.

And we can put a clause in a loan allowing us to purchase for an agreed sum at the end of the season.