Sign in to follow this  
Delias Love Child

Mythical 10th Place

Forgive me if this has been covered before on here. I am getting slightly confused about the fact that we could go up to 10th place on Saturday with a win. Has anyone looked at this? This is the situation- We need to beat Hull by 7 goals in order for us to have a better goal difference than them- Aston Villa would need to lose by 4 goals as well as us beating Hull by 7 clear goals- Stoke and West Brom don''t play til later so that is irrelaventThis is a massive swing of reaults for us to touch this 10th place. If we beat Hull by 1 goal and Villa lose by less than 4 then we are only going up to 12th. I love Norwich but I hate to say that we are not touching 10th place this weekend. Not 1 little bit, not an iota!

[quote user="ncfctilidie1080"]Forgive me if this has been covered before on here. I am getting slightly confused about the fact that we could go up to 10th place on Saturday with a win. Has anyone looked at this? This is the situation- We need to beat Hull by 7 goals in order for us to have a better goal difference than them- Aston Villa would need to lose by 4 goals as well as us beating Hull by 7 clear goals- Stoke and West Brom don''t play til later so that is irrelaventThis is a massive swing of reaults for us to touch this 10th place. If we beat Hull by 1 goal and Villa lose by less than 4 then we are only going up to 12th. I love Norwich but I hate to say that we are not touching 10th place this weekend. Not 1 little bit, not an iota![/quote]We need to make up an 11 goal difference on Villa to go above them just to point that out

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Haven''t seen anyone say we could.

It''s true we''re three points off top half though.[/quote]There are a few people on here who have said "Well if we win we go 10th". I agree points wise we are there but sadly our goal difference lets us down

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Haven''t seen anyone say we could.

It''s true we''re three points off top half though.[/quote]

Following the "backing" from McNally (of keeping us out of the bottom 3) earlier this week Hughton apparently said that we are 3 points away from 10th place. Goal difference and other match results are surely irrelevant if Hughts is clinging to this argument in defence of staying in his job. Glass half full, glass half empty?