Sign in to follow this  
Wiz

Who wants Hull to win?

They should be two seperate issues.

I want us to beat Hull.

I would like to see a change of management

If we beat Hull and go on a decent run then the current management team will stay on, we will stay up and we have more time to decide on the style of football we want to see and how we achieve it.

All this cut and dried clap trap about how it cannot be possible to want your own side to lose. "You cannot be a real fan". Must be a "scummer".

It''s a foolish, short sighted viewpoint, as if a defeat is the catalyst to better things then it is worth that one defeat.

In my opinion, of which I''m entitled, getting rid of Hughton will lead to better things.

It probably wouldn''t happen if we lost to Hull anyway. But if we were to sack Hughton by losing to Hull then I would take that defeat. And that viewpoint makes me no less of a fan.

Like I''ve said I see it leading to better things for MY club in the long run.

[quote user="yellowandgreenmachine"]All this cut and dried clap trap about how it cannot be possible to want your own side to lose. "You cannot be a real fan". Must be a "scummer".

It''s a foolish, short sighted viewpoint, as if a defeat is the catalyst to better things then it is worth that one defeat.

In my opinion, of which I''m entitled, getting rid of Hughton will lead to better things.

It probably wouldn''t happen if we lost to Hull anyway. But if we were to sack Hughton by losing to Hull then I would take that defeat. And that viewpoint makes me no less of a fan.

Like I''ve said I see it leading to better things for MY club in the long run.[/quote]

Sorry to be pedantic, but its not YOUR club. 

Its OUR club.  

You are being pedantic indeed. And I doubt very much that you''re sorry. Having viewed other posters'' reactions to you lately I thought you''d learn about being so self righteous, but not so.

And it is the club I support. Which in the single tense makes it my club.

Not me and never will, those of you that do want Hull to win had better get tickets in the away end, you can go home even more miserable then when your team loses!

So Vanwick - if you knew Norwich would be relegated if Hughton remained in charge, you would not wish a defeat to happen in order to get rid of him and get someone better equipped in to keep us up?

It really isn''t as cut and dried as you''d like to preach.

yellowandgreenmachine wrote the following post at 17/01/2014 9:13 AM:

So Vanwick - if you knew Norwich would be relegated if Hughton remained in charge, you would not wish a defeat to happen in order to get rid of him and get someone better equipped in to keep us up?

It really isn''t as cut and dried as you''d like to preach.

It certainly isn''t cut and dried yellow, the only thing we can all be certain of is if we win on Saturday we will be 3 very valuable points nearer to survival, that''s all that matters for me!

sometimes you have to lose a fight to win a war !

but I think how SOME of us think if we had a choice of .........

A ,a loss  hughton sacked and we stay up with new manager and progress

B , a loss hughton sacked and no progress and go down with new manger

C a win hughton keeps his job then we go down

D we win hughton keeps his job then keeps us up and stays for next season 

now nobody can be sure about any of this as what happens will happen nobody knows for sure but if it was as black and whire as these examples I would go for A  

nobody can see into the future of course and there are many more ways it could go but interested what people would do with these 4 EXAMPLES ONLY !

Anyone who tries to punt the theory that 3 more points on the board is a bad thing, in some bigger picture, is deluded.Their anti Hughton bias obviously addles their brain somehow.

Anyone who wants us to lose is really showing how much of a plastic they are.

Talk about tinpot!

CH may not be the best person for the job but that does not mean i suddenly want us to lose a game.

In all honesty if CH can turn this around then great, yeah I would understand a change in the summer if that happened, but until then I will support the club and players and hope CH finds the answer.

[quote user="morty"]Anyone who tries to punt the theory that 3 more points on the board is a bad thing, in some bigger picture, is deluded.

Their anti Hughton bias obviously addles their brain somehow.
[/quote]

With great respect Mr Morty I think you''re wrong, because others are playing the long game here ie. lose a little today but win big tomorrow.

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]

[quote user="morty"]Anyone who tries to punt the theory that 3 more points on the board is a bad thing, in some bigger picture, is deluded.Their anti Hughton bias obviously addles their brain somehow.[/quote]

With great respect Mr Morty I think you''re wrong, because others are playing the long game here ie. lose a little today but win big tomorrow.

[/quote]

To subscribe to the certainty that a new manager will come in, and immediately turn things around is plain naive. The season is a finite thing, sacrificing points is never, ever going to be a good idea.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]

[quote user="morty"]Anyone who tries to punt the theory that 3 more points on the board is a bad thing, in some bigger picture, is deluded.

Their anti Hughton bias obviously addles their brain somehow.
[/quote]

[/quote]

To subscribe to the certainty that a new manager will come in, and immediately turn things around is plain naive.

The season is a finite thing, sacrificing points is never, ever going to be a good idea.
[/quote]

But its not the fans who kick the ball Mr M, they don''t sacrifice anything playing wise, its CH and his crew with their appalling tactics and substitutions who do that.

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]

[quote user="morty"]Anyone who tries to punt the theory that 3 more points on the board is a bad thing, in some bigger picture, is deluded.Their anti Hughton bias obviously addles their brain somehow.[/quote]

[/quote]

To subscribe to the certainty that a new manager will come in, and immediately turn things around is plain naive. The season is a finite thing, sacrificing points is never, ever going to be a good idea. [/quote]

But its not the fans who kick the ball Mr M, they don''t sacrifice anything playing wise, its CH and his crew with their appalling tactics and substitutions who do that.

[/quote]Eh?Do you think the players and manager want to lose and get relegated?What are you even on about?Sorry, winning every game must be a priority, and other notion is just deluded.

What make me laugh about this board is how people think think they are judge Jury and executioner. Football is a game of opinions: People who feel we have a better chance of survival by means of a poor result saturday are no lesser fans than anyone else. It is their opinion and I am sure they care about the club as much as anyone else on here. The Football served up this year is not entertaining, productive or likely to lead to survival.Who is to say that a win saturday followed by another run of bad results may not end in failure. Where as a loss saturday followed by a new manager may lead to a 10 game unbeaten run or similar. Its a matter of opinion.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]yes morty I agree but if it was as simple as A B C D ( which I know it isn''t ) hypothetically speaking which one ?[/quote]

You have a good idea with this but may I suggest its not what this thread is about. You offer a multiple of choices, which is not as I orignally saw it.

Your idea should be a seperate thread, it deserves that attention.

[quote user="Barossa"]Why bother watching if you want your team to lose, disgraceful[/quote]

Same applies to watching and contacting players on Twitter to advise them to leave but it happens apparently

Yesterday things weren''t black and white, they''re complicated. This according to moron-ty. Today his responses are definitive and you''re no good if you disagree.

Well done. As Bugs Bunny once said, "What a maroon!"

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Yesterday things weren''t black and white, they''re complicated. This according to moron-ty. Today his responses are definitive and you''re no good if you disagree.

Well done. As Bugs Bunny once said, "What a maroon!"[/quote]You''re a dick[Y]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Yesterday things weren''t black and white, they''re complicated. This according to moron-ty. Today his responses are definitive and you''re no good if you disagree.

Well done. As Bugs Bunny once said, "What a maroon!"[/quote]

To paraphrase the great Tom Hanks, "Houston, you have a problem".

To stop this going round in circles, if you find yourself willing Hull to win tomorrow, you''re not a Norwich fan, you''re a phallus.

[quote user="splutcho"]To stop this going round in circles, if you find yourself willing Hull to win tomorrow, you''re not a Norwich fan, you''re a phallus.[/quote]Lol[:D]