Sign in to follow this  
Wiz

Who wants Hull to win?

If only to remove Hughton.

I could never wish City to lose but I could understand some supporters who are hoping we''ll lose just to cure the disease we are suffering from at the moment.

Anyone brave enough to own up?

I can''t understand it. I am a Norwich City supporter, whatever happens, I am not happy with Hughton and I am fed up...but I support my club and want them to win every game...

IMO if you don''t , you are not a supporter of Norwich City

Difficult. Do you take a long term or a short term view? I''ve never hoped a team would beat us, but I understand why it might in the long term be of benefit. I think the way to look at it is that we should enjoy it if we win as it is 3 points towards safety and a chance to sort the mess out in the summer, but the pain of a defeat will be eased by the knowledge that this coaching team will be gone and that things might get better quite quickly.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Difficult. Do you take a long term or a short term view? I''ve never hoped a team would beat us, but I understand why it might in the long term be of benefit. I think the way to look at it is that we should enjoy it if we win as it is 3 points towards safety and a chance to sort the mess out in the summer, but the pain of a defeat will be eased by the knowledge that this coaching team will be gone and that things might get better quite quickly.[/quote]

Thanks for making that clearer than I did Mr Tumbleweed.[Y]

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Difficult. Do you take a long term or a short term view? I''ve never hoped a team would beat us, but I understand why it might in the long term be of benefit. I think the way to look at it is that we should enjoy it if we win as it is 3 points towards safety and a chance to sort the mess out in the summer, but the pain of a defeat will be eased by the knowledge that this coaching team will be gone and that things might get better quite quickly.[/quote]

Only fans with the brain the size of a pea would contemplate a view where they want us to lose.   Sadly, judging from some comments yesterday, there appear to be one or two who do.   They are not supporters.  

if 110 % he was sacked if we lose against hull than yes I would take a loss over having him in charge for the rest of the season

lets face it if we won we will be having this all over again in a months time !

I think its a bit like going to the vets with your pet ( the club ) in pain and told it will not get better and they are going to die slowly and painfully do you put them out of there misery or do you give them pain killers

you want what is best in the long run not here and now !

I think we can handle one loss over having a lot more with no fight under hughton !

this is not taken lightly so please no binner or jump up and down on me ! tin hat ready !

[quote user="norfolkngood"]

if 110 % he was sacked if we lose against hull than yes I would take a loss over having him in charge for the rest of the season

lets face it if we won we will be having this all over again in a months time !

I think its a bit like going to the vets with your pet ( the club ) in pain and told it will not get better and they are going to die slowly and painfully do you put them out of there misery or do you give them pain killers

you want what is best in the long run not here and now !

I think we can handle one loss over having a lot more with no fight under hughton !

this is not taken lightly so please no binner or jump up and down on me ! tin hat ready !

[/quote]

Thanks for having the balls to say so Mr Norfolkngood.[Y]

If we lose on Saturday, to a team who are themselves struggling after a bright start to the season, I think that many would say, "Well it''s worrying and disappointing, but if it means a new start perhaps it''s not so bad."

I wouldn''t wish my team to lose, but it is a home game we ought to win and if we don''t then the writing is on the wall. It''s confirmation that the manager has not got what it takes.

I can''t resist pointing out that this season is following the pattern of last, when after a good run in the late autumn we went into hibernation and relegation was a real possibility. In the end we gained some very unexpected points in the final few games, and finished in a "good" situation. This is unlikely to happen this season, because of the difficult run-in, and the good run in December was much shorter this year. Things are not looking good.

[/quote]What if the vet said your pet might die or might get better they just couldn''t say either way for sure?[;)]

like I said this is not taken lightly but if it was 110 % that he would go than this is the  one and only time I would take a loss !

I would take 4 points from the next 2 games at home if it removed Hughton. I think a bad showing in a 1-1 draw against Hull (Van Wolfswinkle) would lead to his removal. New manager comes in and changes the ethos to attack and leads to a nice win against Newcastle with both Hooper and Van Wolf scoring would be ideal!!

West Ham was the game to lose, but we just can''t afford not to win this one taking into account the results since then.

ok what if the results all went our way i don''t know if they could with out looking at fixtures so everything stayed the same ie no teams gained on us same points at the bottom would that then make it easier to take ?

teams are signing players or changing manager doing everything they can do to gain a advantage and us well we are going to HOPE things improve under a manager who no win in 8 but all of a sudden things are going to get better ?

ok what if the results all went our way i don''t know if they could with out looking at fixtures so everything stayed the same ie no teams gained on us same points at the bottom would that then make it easier to take ?

teams are signing players or changing manager doing everything they can do to gain a advantage and us well we are going to HOPE things improve under a manager who no win in 8 but all of a sudden things are going to get better ?

[/quote]A win will not magically make everything better, I''m not sure anything would be able to improve things in the long run other than a new manager.

So certain "fans" would rather us miss out on 3 points and a possible move up to 10th in the league (should results elsewhere go our way), but lose points to a close rival just for the possibility that Hughton & co get the chop so that we can get someone else in who may or may not do better?

Whether you''re Hughton in, Hughton out, on the fence - wanting your team to lose is ridiculous. I will ALWAYS get behind the boys.

Jeez… has it really come to this? I had no idea that a new manager instantly guarantees a win? In case its slipped your mind, we are in need of every point we can get our poor but by no-means relegation certainties hands on.Please engage your brains, take your seats, man the f*ck up and support the team. It''s about all YOU can do to affect the result, despite your misguided thinking otherwise… Or don''t go. It''s really that simple.

[quote user="yellowdamien"]So certain "fans" would rather us miss out on 3 points and a possible move up to 10th in the league (should results elsewhere go our way), but lose points to a close rival just for the possibility that Hughton & co get the chop so that we can get someone else in who may or may not do better?

Whether you''re Hughton in, Hughton out, on the fence - wanting your team to lose is ridiculous. I will ALWAYS get behind the boys.[/quote]
I don''t think we can go higher than 12th. I am desperate for 3 points. This game should make no difference, CH has shown his lack of quality over a much longer period than just this one game. They should be lining up replacements for after Saturday no matter what.

I can''t see how any true fan would ever wish us to lose. I have supported Norwich City since 1959, through numerous ups and downs, and have never wished a loss. Some of you need to think whether you really support Norwich City or just want to moan.

There is only one thing this club needs right now. One, very simple thing. And that is, to WIN a game of football. That means the entire club, players staff and fans focussing only on that objective. Yes that is what Hughton said and in this case he''s right. There''s all sorts of sh(t flying around and distractions, none of which help. If you''re an outer it ought to be a win win situation for you because if we win, we move well up the table and level on points with Hull, if we lose Hughton is gone. Unless of course you don''t want another 3 points and to move up the table. Every win from here on in is going to be absolutely critical and 3 prescious points. The chances of 3 points being the difference between survival and relegation this season are VERY VERY HIGH. Anyone who wants us to loose on Saturday is wishing this situation upon us and needs to wake the f**k up.

And incidentally, the OP attemping to congratulate and thank people for saying they would rather we loose is utterly ridiculous.

"May I thank you and congratulate you for agreeing with me" Hilarious! It''s just an opinion - you don''t get congratulated for having an opinion one way or the other.

I understand the sentiment and I believe have shared it in the long past but at a level where 3 points was not so precious (championship) but I cannot hope for anything except 3 points.

Quite happy with a huge chorus of we want Hughton out after the final whistle though, win lose or draw.

[quote user="a1canary"]

There is only one thing this club needs right now. One, very simple thing. And that is, to WIN a game of football. That means the entire club, players staff and fans focussing only on that objective. Yes that is what Hughton said and in this case he''s right. There''s all sorts of sh(t flying around and distractions, none of which help. If you''re an outer it ought to be a win win situation for you because if we win, we move well up the table and level on points with Hull, if we lose Hughton is gone. Unless of course you don''t want another 3 points and to move up the table. Every win from here on in is going to be absolutely critical and 3 prescious points. The chances of 3 points being the difference between survival and relegation this season are VERY VERY HIGH. Anyone who wants us to loose on Saturday is wishing this situation upon us and needs to wake the f**k up.

And incidentally, the OP attemping to congratulate and thank people for saying they would rather we loose is utterly ridiculous.

"May I thank you and congratulate you for agreeing with me" Hilarious! It''s just an opinion - you don''t get congratulated for having an opinion one way or the other.

[/quote]

This ^

Sorry - was that too congratulatory ;~)

We ALL need a win and a well played match to remind us this is football - a game we love - not something anyone should feel so terribly embittered by.

Of course I do not want Hull to come away with the points. Whether or not I think they will is a different matter and that discussion I will save for the pub before the game.

my opinion is hughton will get us relegated he will stumble from one win to another like he has ,

now I would love 3 points and for us the move up to 12th BUT no point if he is going to lose other points by that should be gained

if we are going to move upto 12th then the next time we win we might be in the bottom 3 by then ! we have lost more games to turn it around I agree a new manager does not automatically win points but no point waiting till 5 games to go and saying oh we are in the bottom 3 time for a change

it really is about opinions no one can guess what will happen CH might win enough points I personal don''t trust him to , also it is easy to say change manger when it isn''t my money at stake I just want what is best for the club and my point is who will gain the most points

hughton or new manager ?   time will tell

I believe that no Norwich fan would be upset if we won on Saturday, after all it would be three points we desperately need. I do feel that fans could, however, be justified at waking up on Sunday morning disappointed that Hughton is still our manager. So if Norwich lose, for me, it would be disappointing (as always), but I''ve become all too used to that particular disappointment of late. This time, however, maybe the disappointment would be assuaged by the departure of the manager who I believe is the root cause of Norwich''s poor performances and replaced by a feeling of hope that his replacement will bring back some of the enjoyment of being a Norwich supporter which I have not been experiencing of late.Moo