Sign in to follow this  
the bristol nest

Hull Match Thread

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="iron_stan"]he still doesnt deserve to keep his job[/quote]
Shut up you idiot
[/quote]average performance and a fortunate 1 nil win against the mighty hull tigers doesnt really change anything, he will take us down

3 points! I can enjoy my week now! Sod the managerial debate, he might not be the right man for the job but never would i want us to not win.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="ncfctilidie1080"] Ignore if you don''t agree[/quote]
lol how old are you?
Run along you silly little children and leave the real fans to enjoy a great win under Hughton
OTBC!
[/quote]

When did Hughton''s wife start posting on here?

The scariest part of that win was probably that our most impressive player near the end was arguably Becchio!A massive three points closer to safety, but that useless tool will probably be in charge until the summer now...sigh [:(]

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="ncfctilidie1080"] Ignore if you don''t agree[/quote]

lol how old are you?
Run along you silly little children and leave the real fans to enjoy a great win under Hughton
OTBC!
[/quote]yawn

Thank God for that. Three very important points. With most of the other games going our way it''s massive.

Good result but tough performance to watch.  Much better than previous weeks but need to improve those stats of converting opportunities (23 attempts with 3 on target).  Overall, renews hope for another week but this is tough.

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="iron_stan"]he still doesnt deserve to keep his job[/quote]
Shut up you idiot
[/quote]average performance and a fortunate 1 nil win against the mighty hull tigers doesnt really change anything, he will take us down[/quote]Hey Iron Stan. I wonder if his mum is aware that he uses mean words on here? Think he got a little too excited that he was allowed to watch the whole game on TV as he''d been a good boy. Maybe when he''s old enough he can go to a game

Hopefully that will give the team some confidence for the next game...not pretty and a very one dimensional attack, but a massive 3 points.

Great to see Pilkington back on the pitch, but IMO they have to work on the delivery into the box...there really was not a lot for the strikers to work with despite the possession we had.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]3 points! I can enjoy my week now! Sod the managerial debate, he might not be the right man for the job but never would i want us to not win.[/quote]

YES!

[quote user="Surfer"]Hopefully that will give the team some confidence for the next game...not pretty and a very one dimensional attack, but a massive 3 points.

Great to see Pilkington back on the pitch, but IMO they have to work on the delivery into the box...there really was not a lot for the strikers to work with despite the possession we had.[/quote]Hopefully this time we can build on this victory and use the momentum

Surfer said Hopefully that will give the team some confidence for the next game...not pretty and a very one dimensional attack, but a massive 3 points.

Great to see Pilkington back on the pitch, but IMO they have to work on the delivery into the box...there really was not a lot for the strikers to work with despite the possession we had.

Agreed.I never feel annoyed at the strikers as IMO it has always been the supply. That and the fact that the opposition know out tactics every game.

I think this will do lot''s of good to the confidence and we might see us getting some good football to see again...or am I hoping for too much now?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I don''t care about Chris Hughton and his coaches I just want my team to win.[/quote]

Absolutely spot on!

[quote user="the bristol nest"]I would have not played Snodgrass and yet he wa smotm for me. Becchio looked fine in a two man attack tbh.[/quote]
Our 4th choice striker looked better than our supposed 1st choice striker. Although credit to Ricky for clearing a lot of Hull''s corners. Unfortunately, that isn''t what he was brought here to do....

After 22 games (and an equal number of homes and aways) the statistics for the season (with last season''s in brackets) are:Points per game: 1.045 (1.157).Goals scored per game: 0.81 (1.078).Goals conceded per game: 1.59 (1.526).If continued perfectly we would end up with a rounded-up 40 points (44) and a -29 (-17) goal difference.

[quote user="ncfctilidie1080"]Hey Iron Stan. I wonder if his mum is aware that he uses mean words on here?[/quote]i doubt it, shes a bit busy at the minute hewing on a mouthful of my nut butter

Do we follow this up with another domination of ball control and work on making more proper scoring chances with crisper crossing?

Sadly, I bet we go defensive next week rather than take advantage of this potential momentum changer. Hope I''m wrong.

At least I''ll be happy all this week. :)