Sign in to follow this  
the bristol nest

Hull Match Thread

[quote user="NWC"]Are we playing at home????But on the positive side, BJ is probably having his best form for the club.[/quote]

Our best player at the moment! carried Fer the last couple of games

[quote user="Kanadyan Kanary"]How did Guiterrez get into this team, this is only his third game this season!  If this is a must win, why are we playing someone who is unlikely to be match fit.  It takes a few competitive matches to get your timing together.  I can understand a sub, later in the game but starting?[/quote]Hughton works in mysterious ways.

42 minutes and McGregor makes his first save. For all the huffing and puffing in the last 10-15 that is all we have to show for it. We are definitely all thriller and no filler. Story of our season

I think Gutierrez has been a breath of fresh air. He holds the ball up, and turns to keep possession when I''ve been used to seeing others lose it this season.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]People saying CH out! What can he do to stop Snoddgrass crossing the ball? Great at free kicks! That cross was woeful!![/quote]

Are you serious. I assume you are not watching the game, Snoddy has been the best player by a long way

[quote user="Kanadyan Kanary"]How did Guiterrez get into this team, this is only his third game this season!  If this is a must win, why are we playing someone who is unlikely to be match fit.  It takes a few competitive matches to get your timing together.  I can understand a sub, later in the game but starting?[/quote]
Oh do be quiet, he''s doing just fine at the moment

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]I think Gutierrez has been a breath of fresh air. He holds the ball up, and turns to keep possession when I''ve been used to seeing others lose it this season.[/quote]
Thank you! I thought exactly this, good to see we still have a some sensible Norwich fans

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]I think Gutierrez has been a breath of fresh air. He holds the ball up, and turns to keep possession when I''ve been used to seeing others lose it this season.[/quote]Simply not seeing it!  I guess that''s the beauty of the game - we all see different things and place emphasis on different areas.  My guide is since he is  a winger, he needs to put quality crosses in.  Cant think of one.

Bassong just lets the ball bounce over him with 2 hull strikers behind him !!Unbelievably poor defending from our captain.

Not good enough, better, but they owe us a win today, nothing less. Time to step it up, RVW needs to take one of these chances, he''s had no excuses today.

Can our guys please study Huddlestone''s delivery - that''s how you should hit a cross / free kick - flat trajectory, with pace and leading the attacker...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Gutierrez is playing as a defensive Winger and doing it well... [/quote]We don''t need a defensive winger, we need someone to create chances for the strikers.. Same as what we have needed for the last two seasons.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Gutierrez is playing as a defensive Winger and doing it well... [/quote]

This^^ He isn''t going to be all out attack. He provides a little protection and for me is doing a great job at sensible possession and simple passes. I like him!

This thread is pretty amusing to read from the start at half time.

We looked awful first 20, lucky not to be one or two down, got fortunate with the injury which forced them into a 442 as we were being overrun in midfield.

Thought we looked the better team for the rest of the half, Snodgrass is having a good game and Guteirrez looks none to shabby for his lack of games.

better since they changed formation - doing managers tactical job for us.

but we have to start hitting teh target.

tactically poor, but players really not performing either. shame we are limited to 3 subs

[quote user="Kanadyan Kanary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]Gutierrez is playing as a defensive Winger and doing it well... [/quote]We don''t need a defensive winger, we need someone to create chances for the strikers.. Same as what we have needed for the last two seasons.[/quote]
What are you talking about? Our strikers have been given more than enough chances in that first half, the only thing missing so far is the goal, everything else is working well after the initial bad start.

I think snodgrass is having an ok game - well best of the midfielders to be honest.

retaining possession from cm and fullbacks remains a challenge.

With 442 meaning we have gained the upper hand we should only change if bruce goes back to 352.

coyy

I think we''re doing okay. Considering how important this game was once again I was shocked by how slowly and poorly we started (just like against West Ham) The players are playing out of their skins but once again our attacking play is so monotonous and predictable because the formation is so rigid and we''re only playing with one attacking outlet in Snodgrass.

Also listening to the crowd if we go one down it''s going to get very nasty, but with this set up again Hughton deserves the stick`!

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Gutierrez 57% pass success rate. not so hot makes Bradders look like iniesta.[/quote]
I''ve got 73%