Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

I'm torn to be honest

I''m never going to think that Hughton is the right man for the job, and I still don''t, but the players wanted to play for him and win for him today.

They played pretty well and the strikers can''t moan about a lack of service today - Snodgrass put some great balls into that box and the strikers weren''t attacking them.

But the players look like the want to win for him (most of them anyway, RVW looks like he is playing for himself), and we have left it too late to change manager.

There is no point in changing the manager with two thirds of the window gone and with the best candidates having found alternative employment.

We will probably stay in this league by the skin of our teeth, THEN the board should sack him, because we''d be stupid to hand another £30m to this man.

On the subject of RVW, he is annoying me. Moaning when a teammate plays a crap ball but never sticking his hand up to acknowledge a decent one. Twice today Snodgrass floated lovely balls to the near post, but despite playing two up front we see both of our strikers hanging out at the back post - with two strikers there should never be an excuse for one of them not to go to the near post.

We could probably blame that on the lack of focus on attacking in training, but still - the strikers aren''t blameless, can''t blame the midfield every week and you definitely can''t this week.

Hughton is beyond reproach but I''d question whether changing now is going to be the right decision after a decent performance.

The board are probably also feeling like this. But it is their fault, their indecisiveness in mid-December when he needed to be sacked.

I think we are past the point at which a new manager could change the course of our season, may as well stick with him, take our 17th place or above finish, sack him at the end of the year.

so you would sack him at the end of the year after doing what is exactly expected of him? (not having a pop a you personally, just the vast amount of hughton outers on here)

"exactly expected of him?"

I must have imagined all that "continuous improvement", and "we finished 11th last year so this season our target is 10th" stuff which McNally and Bowkett came out with earlier in the season then?

10th was the target not 17th.