Sign in to follow this  
killercanary29

What if we draw saturday?

[quote user="killercanary29"]If we draw saturday, will it mean hughton gets more time as will not be in relegation zone?[/quote]
We won''t be in the relegation zone if we lose.  

[quote user="snake-eyes"]Wow Morty welcome to the dark side![/quote]I am on the common sense morty side.Its complicated.

[quote user="snake-eyes"]Don''t we know it! Lol[/quote]Its not black and white, anyone who thinks it is, is either stupid. Or stubbornly prejudiced.

I can''t understand McNally''s suggestion that CH stays as long as we''re out of the bottom 3.

With our run in, we need to be well clear of the bottom 3 by the time we go into the last five games. If we''re two points above the relegation zone with five to play then, realistically, we''re going down. The whole point is that we need to be putting on the points and getting well clear of the bottom 3 now, and we''re not doing that.

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]I can''t understand McNally''s suggestion that CH stays as long as we''re out of the bottom 3.

With our run in, we need to be well clear of the bottom 3 by the time we go into the last five games. If we''re two points above the relegation zone with five to play then, realistically, we''re going down. The whole point is that we need to be putting on the points and getting well clear of the bottom 3 now, and we''re not doing that.[/quote]The way I read that is that we''ll stick with Hughton for now, but if things get any worse, we''ll re-evaluate, and certainly have another look at things at the end of the season.And you don''t need to be "well clear" of the bottom 3 to stay up.

If the crowd turn on Saturday it will be the end.It would certainly happen with a defeat.It would probably happen with a draw.It won''t happen with a win.

[quote user="ricardo"]If the crowd turn on Saturday it will be the end.It would certainly happen with a defeat.It would probably happen with a draw.It won''t happen with a win.[/quote][Y]

I wonder if his contract is written as such that we can sack him with little compensation if the club is in the bottom three.There seem to be so many weird clauses in football contracts these days it does make me wonder.

ricardo wrote the following post at 16/01/2014 9:51 PM:

If the crowd turn on Saturday it will be the end.

It would certainly happen with a defeat.

It would probably happen with a draw.

It won''t happen with a win.

The crowd turned on Tuesday night, Hughton out followed by chanting Malky''s name, frying pan and fire come to mind!

[quote user="Vanwink"]ricardo wrote the following post at 16/01/2014 9:51 PM:

If the crowd turn on Saturday it will be the end.

It would certainly happen with a defeat.

It would probably happen with a draw.

It won''t happen with a win.

The crowd turned on Tuesday night, Hughton out followed by chanting Malky''s name, frying pan and fire come to mind![/quote]Shows just how many fans perhaps don''t know as much about football as they think they do.

Hughton out followed by a merge of different managers people want in, dont want or think we will get malky because still sorting out cardiff. Dont know who to get tbh...

The worst result so most likely, means the pain of awful football with underperforming team and usual subs in last two mins , no plan B let alone Plan A will continue, with no doubt another panic signing before Tuesday night.

I suppose if Newcastle win willl be the second time they haved finished Hughtons career

If we draw, and end up in the bottom three, he''ll be gone.

I don''t understand McNally justifying his position saying we''re "only 3 points off 10th". Because quite frankly it that makes it even more worrying and desperate to get the wins in and create more daylight. Fed up of negativity.

[quote user="Chirping Canary"]If we draw, and end up in the bottom three, he''ll be gone.

I don''t understand McNally justifying his position saying we''re "only 3 points off 10th". Because quite frankly it that makes it even more worrying and desperate to get the wins in and create more daylight. Fed up of negativity.[/quote]Whats negative about saying "We are only 3 points off 10th?"Surely thats nothing but positive?

Given the nature of stats and making bold statements all of the following are true but it''s the spin you put on whichever you prefer that counts:We are 3 points off 10thWe are in 15th and the team in 18th has 2 fewer points than usIf Fulham, West Ham and Cardiff all win on Saturday (although unlikely given their respective oppositions) and we lose, we drop into the relegation zoneIf Sunderland win and score 1 more goal than us without conceding, they will go above us on goal differenceNCFC have won only 5 of their 21 matches this season

I can''t help but feel that Hughton needs that little bit of luck on Saturday just to get some confidence back in the team. Their confidence looked shot to s**t in the cup game. They desperately need an early goal, whether it''s from a deflection or dodgy decision - whatever, just something that gets the players and crowd going. If we concede then i could see it going the same way as the Fulham game and Hughton will be bye bye.

He hasn''t had much luck this season. Would love for him to get some when it really matters.

If he''s reliant on luck it''s because he''s out of ideas, out of his depth, and as much as I hate to see someone lose their livelihood, he should be out of his job.

a draw just isn''t good enough. I''ve been on the fence for a while but it''s got to the point where we can no longer afford to be on the fence.

it''s now come down to all about results. a good performance with a loss isn''t good enough saturday. if he wants to keep his job he has to start getting the team to win and we have to start separating ourselves from the bottom.

What a conundrum this is. Say we play poorly, win and find ourselves closer to the top half than the bottom three, then the many will say the performance wasn''t good enough. We were boring, and don''t concentrate on the league table because it''s about being entertained. However should we play really well but don''t win and end up closer to the bottom three of even in it the a lot of the same many will then say it''s not about performances it''s about league position and points.

I reckon we have to win. And I don''t care how we get that win. A loss or even a draw would probably be enough to see the manager sacked. But it''s what happens next that''s the tricky bit. This anybody would be better argument just doesn''t bear scrutiny.