Sign in to follow this  
killercanary29

Neil Lennon in The Mail

[quote user="killercanary29"]Neil Lennon has been linked with us in the mail if hughton goes, thoughts?[/quote]

I am not saying he is not a good manager.

However I would be disappointed if my grandmother could not manage celtic to the Scottish title atm.

I think we can get more exciting options for less compo

Marcelo Biesla for me

By reading the subject title, I thought the OP had gone downstairs this morning and discovered in amongst the bills and the junk was an envelope containing Neil Lennon. Sadly it''s just another thread on potential managers with us all no doubt disagreeing on who is good and who is not

Completely unlikely for three reasons:

1 Why would someone who is managing a club which will win stuff every season, and qualify for the Champions League, want to come to norwich?

2 More importantly, why would we want a manager who has never managed in the Premier league. Hughton had done that, reasonably well, with Newcastle before he joined us

3 McLeish

[quote user="tele"]Completely unlikely for three reasons:

1 Why would someone who is managing a club which will win stuff every season, and qualify for the Champions League, want to come to norwich?2 More importantly, why would we want a manager who has never managed in

the Premier league. Hughton had done that, reasonably well, with

Newcastle before he joined us 

3 McLeish[/quote]Hughton had half a season in the Premier League, I would say that Lennons multiple seasons in the Champions League would be of a similar achievement.

A big yes from me. Great motivator, gets the best out of players. He would love a chance at the Prem as he''s taken Celtic as far as he can.

The best candidate so far for me.

[quote user="tele"]Completely unlikely for three reasons:

1 Why would someone who is managing a club which will win stuff every season, and qualify for the Champions League, want to come to norwich?

2 More importantly, why would we want a manager who has never managed in the Premier league. Hughton had done that, reasonably well, with Newcastle before he joined us

3 McLeish[/quote]What does you 3rd point mean? Just writing ''McLeish'' means nothing.

Having the nicest man in football in charge isn''t working, so go the other way and employ a complete git. Might work.

Yes. He has that presence and edge that Hughton completely lacks. Would get our players believing again and running through brick walls. Would probably fancy a crack at the prem.

Very unlikely to happen, but if it did I would be relieved, - at having a better manager, but wondering if he could get much more out of a demoralised squad. He would have his work cut out with the shambles at Carrow Road.

"tele"Completely unlikely for three reasons:

3 McLeish

1. I presume he is ambitious and would want to try his luck against the Mourinho and Moyes''s week in week out. Scottish football is very easy for him and not really testing his skills.

2. If we only went for managers with Premiership experience we''d be limited to some right old dreck.

He wouldn''t be a popular choice, as this thread proves, but he would liven things up around here.

No thanks, I''d like us to get a foreign manager. A proper Carlos Fandango type who needs a translator at press conferences. Then we''ll have properly made it as a "big team" like Southampton.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="tele"]Completely unlikely for three reasons:

3 McLeish[/quote]What does you 3rd point mean? Just writing ''McLeish'' means nothing.

[/quote]

I mean that McLeish managed Rangers successfully in the Scottish Prem and Champions League, but was rubbish when he came to England.

Choosing a manager who has only managed a team which has no real competition is a huge risk.

[quote user="Simple Jack"]No thanks, I''d like us to get a foreign manager. A proper Carlos Fandango type who needs a translator at press conferences. Then we''ll have properly made it as a "big team" like Southampton.[/quote]

I take it you''re not happy with Mick McCarthy at the helm then?

"Simple Jack"

No thanks, I''d like us to get a foreign manager. A proper Carlos Fandango type who needs a translator at press conferences. Then we''ll have properly made it as a "big team" like Southampton.

He is foreign.

[quote user="tele"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="tele"]Completely unlikely for three reasons:

[/quote]

I mean that McLeish managed Rangers successfully in the Scottish Prem and Champions League, but was rubbish when he came to England.

Choosing a manager who has only managed a team which has no real competition is a huge risk.[/quote]Thank you.

I''m all for Bielsa.

Described by Guardiola as the best manager in the world and also thought to have heavily influenced Pochettino et al. All about instant transition from defence to attack and overloading the opposition''s defence. His Chile side were my favourite team to watch at the last World Cup and his Bilbao team were awesome to watch too. Even with their all-Basque philosophy they managed to get to do tremendously well.

He was linked with Cardiff I think before Solskjaer got the job