Sign in to follow this  
Kit Wozniak

EUROPE

We can get into the UEFA cup through the fair play leauge. I believe (but am not sure) the top teams in fair play (no of yellow and red cards) from each country go into a draw to gain a place in the UEFA. I kind''a think that is how it works, thats the gist of it anyway. I think Chelsea are top of the English one at the moment, but they are obviously in the Champions leauge next season, so it will go to the next team down.

Correct me if i am wrong!

a lot of people talk about this without really knowing how it works.

What your talking about is the fair play route. How this works, is the team that is top of the fair play table of the country with the overall best fair play table based on averages of all the teams fair play performances in that league will be given one automatic place. This is currently norway. England are 5th in the fair play table. A further 2 places are offered to teams who scored an average of 8 points or above (this includes england). The teams with an average of higher than 8 points are placed in a hat, and drawn out. the 2 places are then awarded to the 2 teams top of the fair play table in that countrys top league. currently there are 6 countries that satisfy this criteria, so england have a 1 in 6 chance of getting a place via this route. Norwich are 3rd in the fair play table behind chelsea and spurs, chelsea are already in the champions league, so they can be counted out. If spurs qualify for europe, then we will be top of the fair play table. If spurs qualify, we basically have a 1 in 6 chance of getting into europe. So its not as easy as people are led to believe, but there is a chance nonetheless.

Even if everything favoured the English entrant, it still wouldn''t be us, so let''s forget about Europe and look towards the next two matches and whichever ''ship we are in next season!

who cares, we wouldnt make it past the first round.......

Just imagine if we stay up though.
With a few reinforcements (some new defenders at least) we could go a long way and the money made is not to be sniffed at. The windfall profits can all be used for players...