Sign in to follow this  
Canary Poirot

Message to Worthy and the boys

Okay - 2 games to go - I just want to say, I am 100% behind you, I believe we CAN win our last two games, just go out there, believe, and we can do it!

Also on a secondary point - Worthy, did you see Liverpool V Chelsea tonight in the Champions League - that was a masterclass in how to defend - take an early lead in either of our last two games - and play like that, and we''ll be fine!

Hear, Hear!

Watching the game tonight I found myself willing Chelsea to do it, but admiring Liverpools ''Thou shall not pass'' defending. Jamie Carragher was superb - wonder if Flem was watching?

I was a bit disappointed with the Champions League game. Sure Liverpool got the early goal, but to sit back in a half-press for the rest of the game made it quite disappointing, especially in the second half. As an attacking minded player, I get frustrated when the defence pack the area, intercept the pass in and hoof it up the pitch for the cycle to repeat itself - this is evident in the 40:60% possession and does not make attractive football.

The game didn''t really flow, and although it was a good example of (extremely) defensive play, our defenders don''t have the ability to withstand that amount of pressure for so long. Both back 4s were very secure, although Carvalho''s dodgy slide tackles began to show how desperate Chelsea were to get the ball upfield.

[quote]I was a bit disappointed with the Champions League game. Sure Liverpool got the early goal, but to sit back in a half-press for the rest of the game made it quite disappointing, especially in the seco...[/quote]

It did show Chelsea are too one dimensional though and without either Robben (player of the season for me  -without his impact would chelsea have scored enough or gained that confidence; awesome when fit and a blackburn disgrace he was injured)  or Duff are themselves a solid dour but well organised defensive side.  

Where was Terry for the goal - marking a la Flem, Lampard was pedestrian in midfield and unable to take a grip or have any impact on the game.   In the end they resorted to to humping a big ball up to Huth. Also it was funny to see the blue moan at how easily the liverpool players fell over near the end of the game - pot calling kettle black methinks.

Dont get me wrong - they deserve their title as the best team this season but the best word to describe them is organised. The most impressive side we have seen were Arsenal who looked a different class from every other team we have seen this year.

OTBC