Sign in to follow this  
Canary

Redmond

Does Hughton just not see that Redmond is by far our best wide player? Snodgrass has been absolutely terrible this year but manages to keep his place week in week out.

Everyone could see the Everton game changed when Redmond came on, surely Hughton should realise that he should be the first name on the team sheet?

If Gutierrez has been brought in to start instead of Redmond that Hughton is really my head in. He got every other name on the team sheet spot on today imo, appart from arguebly the most important.

Hughton doesnt help himself by making some players un-droppable, the man baffles me, play two strikers and no supply line Grrrrrrrrrrr

Maybe resting him for use against tired legs?
I would''ve started him though, agressive wide players shine against a back three as the wing-back is put in a bad situation. If he pushes forward to support the attack, he leaves alot of open space to be exploited or he is forced back and the opposition lose the ability to attack from wide areas.

I am sure that CH knows Redmond better than any of us and like many of us were probably suspecting, Redmond needs a rest. My guess is, and I think its actually obvious, that he has been played a lot more than was planned due to injuries. He is an excellent young player, but you can overplaye these young players at this stage of their career and he fully deserves a rest. I lnow that ws the wrong thing to say as it doesnt include having a slag at the Manager, but that''s the situation as I and many others see it.

I am sure that CH knows Redmond better than any of us and like many of us were probably suspecting, Redmond needs a rest. My guess is, and I think its actually obvious, that he has been played a lot more than was planned due to injuries. He is an excellent young player, but you can overplaye these young players at this stage of their career and he fully deserves a rest. I lnow that ws the wrong thing to say as it doesnt include having a ** at the Manager, but that''s the situation as I and many others see it.

------------------------------------------------

this

Redmond is like Theo Walcott mk2. Walcott was a crowd pleaser for a while, had pace to burn, but Arsenal fans soon got fed up of the lack of end product. It took him 2/3 seasons for it all to fall in place - i would expect the same for Redmond

Rogue Baboon wrote the following post at 18/01/2014 6:41 PM:

Redmond is like Theo Walcott mk2. Walcott was a crowd pleaser for a while, had pace to burn, but Arsenal fans soon got fed up of the lack of end product. It took him 2/3 seasons for it all to fall in place - i would expect the same for Redmond

Spot on, the selection was right for this game.

The lad is young and probably needed a bit of a break, he is still developing and an injury would be a dis ate at this stage of his carrer.

Playing a teenager every week can be a bad thing for their development and he has been asked to play too much in the first half of the season due to injuries.

I''d expect to see him used pretty sparingly in general for most of the second half of the season, perhaps unleashed again towards the end.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Rogue Baboon wrote the following post at 18/01/2014 6:41 PM:

Spot on, the selection was right for this game.[/quote]Have to agree, Redmond needs to improve his decision making in the final third. It will come with time though. Just need to select the right players to win the game that day, which we did.