Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Sorry another Lambert post but curious about something.

Was it ever mentioned what the reasoning was that he left? Was it cause he wasn''t given the finances he wanted to build a team and felt like it was time to move on or even a falling out with McNally? or was it simply he thought Villa were a bigger team? I am grateful for what he did here so will always be a legend for that but I no longer care what he does with Villa. So I am just curious what made him leave our club.

I''m the same.McNally said that Lambert effectively walked out but Lambert seems to always have claimed some sort of unfair dismissal. Furthermore, Norwich DID pay Lambert after he had left some sort of compensation but that could ahve just been some sort of end-of-season bonus that was due to him anyway.

He had taken us as far as he could, and couldn''t wait to leave.And McNally, realising how much of a mercenary bastard he was, was quite happy to let him go.

i don''t think he was happy to let him go morty, he says ''it''s football, it happens,'' but i don''t think he was happy that he had to find a new manager after 3 great years of nothing but success

Lambert felt he could not keep NCFC in Premiership another season so he left, its as simple as that.

Everyone at Villa knew he was going there long before the last game of season when we played them.

He bottled the challenge at NCFC in the end.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]i don''t think he was happy to let him go morty, he says ''it''s football, it happens,'' but i don''t think he was happy that he had to find a new manager after 3 great years of nothing but success[/quote]I disagree. And maintain he would have been found out here, had he stayed longer.In a similar way that he''s running out of ideas at Villa.Signing Holt and trying to sign Hoolahan?He''s clutching at straws.

"In a similar way that he''s running out of ideas at Villa"

They are 10th in the league after finishing 15th last season. Looks like progress to me.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"In a similar way that he''s running out of ideas at Villa"

They are 10th in the league after finishing 15th last season. Looks like progress to me.[/quote]Go visit the Villa forums, then get back to me.Actually, don''t bother.

I think lamberts doing ok at villa, they are probably improving on what they had before, but then again anyone is better than the $hite they had. In regards to clutching at straws, in the case of holt and hoolahan, he knows the players well and knows how to use them and they suit his style of play. And can pay very little for them, I can understand it, however it does seem as if he hasn''t got that knowledge of players like hughton has, to push them to the next level.

Lambert can get the best out of determined average player, yet hughton has got a great eye for a player that can take us to the next level imo

[quote user="morty"][quote user="mrs miggins"]i don''t think he was happy to let him go morty, he says ''it''s football, it happens,'' but i don''t think he was happy that he had to find a new manager after 3 great years of nothing but success[/quote]I disagree. And maintain he would have been found out here, had he stayed longer.In a similar way that he''s running out of ideas at Villa.Signing Holt and trying to sign Hoolahan?He''s clutching at straws.[/quote]
The only thing he''s clutching is an empty transfer kitty.
He went to Villa because they are the bigger club.  And he could move them forward on a shoestring budget (compared to what they were spending).
On the whole he''s doing what''s expected.

[quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"][quote user="morty"][quote user="mrs miggins"]i don''t think he was happy to let him go morty, he says ''it''s football, it happens,'' but i don''t think he was happy that he had to find a new manager after 3 great years of nothing but success[/quote]I disagree. And maintain he would have been found out here, had he stayed longer.In a similar way that he''s running out of ideas at Villa.Signing Holt and trying to sign Hoolahan?He''s clutching at straws.[/quote]
The only thing he''s clutching is an empty transfer kitty.
He went to Villa because they are the bigger club.  And he could move them forward on a shoestring budget (compared to what they were spending).
On the whole he''s doing what''s expected.
[/quote]Yeah, the Villa fans are loving him, they bitch even more about him than our "fans" do about Hughton.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Morty talking his standard cretinous guff. He obviously didn''t watch Villa''s peformance at Anfield today. Light years ahead of anything Chris Hughton has served up away from home in his year and a half at Norwich. [/quote]And their home record?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I think lamberts doing ok at villa, they are probably improving on what they had before, but then again anyone is better than the $hite they had. In regards to clutching at straws, in the case of holt and hoolahan, he knows the players well and knows how to use them and they suit his style of play. And can pay very little for them, I can understand it, however it does seem as if he hasn''t got that knowledge of players like hughton has, to push them to the next level.

Lambert can get the best out of determined average player,
yet hughton has got a great eye for a player that can take us to the next level imo[/quote]
Probably why Villa wanted him.  Slash the budget and spending and make do with what you have left.

Anyway, I''ll leave you to your Lambert / Villa love in, I''m off to another thread to talk about my team, who won today[Y]

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Morty talking his standard cretinous guff. He obviously didn''t watch Villa''s peformance at Anfield today. Light years ahead of anything Chris Hughton has served up away from home in his year and a half at Norwich. [/quote]

I wouldn''t say light years ahead, because we did well against the big clubs last season. Although, much like here, they are doing fine, the fans still aren''t happy

Back to the original post!

From the various bits and pieces there is a lot left to be said on it all but it is certainly interesting that neither party will really go into it. A lot of smoke a mirrors if you ask me.

If my memory serves me correctly, McNally had said something about the club had looked at Hughton the summer before he came due to Lambert threatening to leave. That was the summer after promotion to the premier league.

I have a feeling it is because Lambert was on a rolling contract and the club wanted him to commit longer term which he wouldn''t do. It''s not that unsurprising that people that run any sort of business or franchise will get narked if someone won''t commit to more than a year at a time.

I think that''s the sort of arrogance Lambert has, and the sort he encourages in his players which is why at times his teams can look good.

I''m still a bit confused about him though. People say that he is good at getting the most out of relatively limited players. This could be said to be true. But why can''t he apply the same to players with quality?

Agbonlahor has all the potential still to be a really good player - especially with his pace. There are others that Villa had or have that he does not appear to have improved. And signing Holt and going for Wes also suggests that he may have changed his ''young and hungry'' mantra.

I don''t doubt Lamberts ability, but he is not the finished article yet, he is still learning this league, and is still being found out at times.

The media seem to perceive Villa as a team that is set up to play on the break. At Villa Park visiting teams have them sussed and set up with the standard away game mantra. Sit deep and invite Villa onto them - this is where Villa are caught out.

Against Liverpool setting up this way is almost perfect as Liverpool are very much an attacking side - sometimes even at the cost of overstretching themselves.

The problem is, and we saw it here too, that Villa, under Lambert, can struggle in possession. If you are set up to counter, you almost have to draw the opposition onto you to create the space to attack into. If they don''t then you need to be creative to get through them.

Simple really.

Hughton, I feel, is a much more European versed manager. In that you try to play with a flexible system that can react to as well as dictate situations.

If footy was as easy as playing one formation the entire time with the same personnel then we''d all be managers as it would be a piece of p.

[quote user="moray"] Anyway, I''ll leave you to your Lambert / Villa love in, I''m off to another thread to talk about my team, who won today[Y] [/quote]

As I recall Mortimer a not very clever person once commented ''if you haven''t anything nice to say then don''t say anything at all''- the same could be applied to you, we need only replace the word ''nice'' with ''clever''!

[quote user="Graham."][quote user="moray"] Anyway, I''ll leave you to your Lambert / Villa love in, I''m off to another thread to talk about my team, who won today[Y] [/quote]

As I recall Mortimer a not very clever person once commented ''if you haven''t anything nice to say then don''t say anything at all''- the same could be applied to you, we need only replace the word ''nice'' with ''clever''![/quote]Go stick your head up your ar$e[Y][:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Graham."][quote user="moray"] Anyway, I''ll leave you to your Lambert / Villa love in, I''m off to another thread to talk about my team, who won today[Y] [/quote]

As I recall Mortimer a not very clever person once commented ''if you haven''t anything nice to say then don''t say anything at all''- the same could be applied to you, we need only replace the word ''nice'' with ''clever''![/quote]Go stick your head up your ar$e[Y][:)][/quote]

As always Mortimer you do not fail to outdo yourself with your vulgarity and shows of barbarism! How dare you instruct me to do such a disgusting act, some such things may be enjoyable to some such as yourself however you will not see I, nor my wife, engaging in any such activities.

[quote user="Graham."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Graham."][quote user="moray"] Anyway, I''ll leave you to your Lambert / Villa love in, I''m off to another thread to talk about my team, who won today[Y] [/quote]

As I recall Mortimer a not very clever person once commented ''if you haven''t anything nice to say then don''t say anything at all''- the same could be applied to you, we need only replace the word ''nice'' with ''clever''![/quote]Go stick your head up your ar$e[Y][:)][/quote]

As always Mortimer you do not fail to outdo yourself with your vulgarity and shows of barbarism! How dare you instruct me to do such a disgusting act, some such things may be enjoyable to some such as yourself however you will not see I, nor my wife, engaging in any such activities.[/quote]If you need some lube and tyre levers, let me know[Y]

Take heed Mortimer, come the return of the Son of God you will be humbled to accept punishment for your sinful ways.

How many people on this ''website'' actually appreciate your opinion out of interest Mortimer? You speak of heads in orifices but I believe yours is probably the greatest example of this. You should really attempt to do achieve something with your life instead of surfing the inter web and occasionally servicing a dying industry with your limited skills, I wonder why it is that you have not got any further with your life? May it be an undesirable personality? Or perhaps an innate arrogance? Or merely a lack of substance? Take heed.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Hey Graham. [B][/quote]

Hello lapping.

I see you maintain use of that horrifying picture, its removal would be very much appreciated.

[quote user="Graham."][quote user="lappinitup"]Hey Graham. [B][/quote]

Hello lapping.

I see you maintain use of that horrifying picture, its removal would be very much appreciated.[/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/BigDogTongueLOL_zps662fff1a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/BigDogTongueLOL_zps662fff1a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My picture encapsulates the importance of family, maybe you are jealous of mine and how much pride I have in them however let me reassure you that any faith in the lord will dutifully be repaid.

In comparison your picture is frankly disgusting, I do not know how anyone can let such beasts into their homes. Such an image makes me shiver just at the sight of it.

Remove it or I will have it removed by force.