Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

He still has to go

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="lincoln canary"] No can say his tactics worked.[/quote]
Erm we won, I think that''s good enough evidence
but when have you ever had anything to positive to say in the last five years lincoln?
[/quote]

That win had nothing to do with tactics. Wake up.[/quote]

Just back from the game :

"that win had nothing to do with tactics. wake up"

You''re mental and i claim my £5

why people would still not give hughton any credit is beyond me, very strange

Even as a Hughton outer I''m just going to enjoy this very rare win regardless of how it came about. Unless somebody says something really really daft I''m shutting up about changing manager etc until the next game. Just going to bask in this victory for a while :D

I don''t think he will go now this season. However I think things have come so far that his long term future at Norwich is still very much in jeopardy. I think the board will be on the lookout to see if any alternative candidates become available while they monitor the situation. Even if we stay up, if the right person becomes available I don''t think he is necessarily safe.

Listening to the reaction you would think we won about 5-0. We got lucky with a 88th minute header by a defender against a poor team.This reaction is so OTT, We still could not score a single goal from free play.

Greg downs made me laugh when he said he has not got lucky like Lambert did under his substitutions. Thats because he gives them about 60 secs!! Lambert was a gambler and got what he deserved. To compare the 2 is laughable.

"We got lucky" ?????????

From 20 minutes onwards we dominated the game. We had 25 shots to their 10.

Was it a brilliant performance? No! But it was a perfectly decent performance. Hull came here to just get men behind the ball and try and hit us on the break. Negative, boring Steve Bruce.

Hopefully we may be able to strengthen the team in the rest of the transfer window and to build some momentum in the Newcastle game.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]If Liverpool win by 11 goals we will go 11th, that''s as good as last seasons finish.

[/quote]Bl00dy Liverpool, you can never rely on them.

[quote user="Long drives home"]Did we score from free play??[/quote]
Does it matter how we score?
The other week I swear people were moaning we don''t score from corners enough #cantwin

We didn''t score from OPEN play.

We scored from a set piece.

I''ll let you into a secret - goals from set pieces count just as much as goals from open play.

[quote user="Long drives home"]Greg downs made me laugh when he said he has not got lucky like Lambert did under his substitutions. Thats because he gives them about 60 secs!! Lambert was a gambler and got what he deserved. To compare the 2 is laughable.[/quote]

It appears Greg Downs considers PL''s ability to change tactics via astute and timely substitutions as no more than ''luck''?

Words fail me...

Another very very poor performance , why wait untill we go on another 8 game winless run , sack him tonight and improve our survival chances . Take a look at Villa playing at Anfield , proper football from a proper manager  and thats win ,lose or draw.

[quote user="Long drives home"]Massive win but hardly convincing 1-0 against Hull at home in the 89th Minute[/quote]You miserable git.Take your anti Hughton blinkers off and just be happy for your team.

its about results - and we won and are currently sitting 12th in the table, had our strikers taken the chances it would have been more comfortable.

We have had more chances in the last couple of games but neither striker has got one on target.

Its not pretty, but the result was key as 9 games without a win would be impossible.

We need to get safe, and then look to replace him..

It was a fully deserved victory. There''s not much between the bottom ten teams but Hull wouldn''t have scored if they had played until midnight.

25 shots, but only 4 on target confirms that for all our possession against an increasingly unambitious Hull side, we still haven''t begun to create clear cut chances or indeed find any real penetration. The system with two wingers and no central playmaker simply isn''t the way to get the best of either of our strikers and as CH appears to have only the one system and no tactical flexibility he has taken us as far as he can, and he needs to go, with our thanks. Whether he needs to go now, or in the Summer, is another question altogether.

He will stay till the summer, and the decision will be made then.More importantly, the inability of some of you to take your blinkers off, and just be happy your team won, sickens me.

I stand by my post earlier that the performance was poor but saying that we got 3 points and at the end of the day when the fat lady has sung this is what counts. Yes improvement is urgently needed in some areas but it could be so much worse.

So glad Hughton did no succumb to the "Hoolahan" chant, for me it would have been the wrong type of game, I would question the wisdom of playing Hooper and RVW together, if we play two up front for me it has to be one of those with Becchio. I am afraid this thread has displayed the true ignorance of some posters. As a Norwich City fan who will be renewing his season ticket whatever happens, and whathever my feelings for Hughton may be I am so pleased with the three points..........

There is now effectively no chance (if there ever was) of Hughton being sacked before the end of the season. And if we stay up, which is more likely than not, he will be kept on.The first because the statistics now have have us finishing on 40 points. That would be an under-performance compared with last season (hence the long-term doubts of posters such as myself about Hughton) but this season would represent a copper-bottomed guarantee of safety.And given that our next game is only just before the transfer window shuts it is not possible for the board to ignore those stats and decline to give Hughton money for strengthening. That would be craven. The Newcastle and the Cardiff games might change those stats, and make relegation look more likely, but too late for the board to reconsider or hold fire. It has to go with backing the manager.You can argue (I would) that Hughton has been lucky with the way the season has gone, with not one obvious sacking point, but then Napoleon supposedly wanted lucky generals. But then Napoleon was stupid enough to invade Russia...The second because you cannot  as a board of directors - no matter what your misgivings - dump a Norwich City manager who has done his basic job by way of avoiding the drop to the Championship both seasons. And if we can beat Hull then we can get the three wins and a few draws we now need from the next 12 fixtures, 10 of which are winnable.

I think they are in for a shock with season ticket renewals if they think people are going to go and watch that every week I guess they wont care as the will get loads of TV money. We are absolute crap! End of, I actually think we will go down following a run of bad results yet again and this time the easy fixtures will have run out!

[quote user="ricardo"]It was a fully deserved victory. There''s not much between the bottom ten teams but Hull wouldn''t have scored if they had played until midnight.[/quote]Exactly we scraped a win against a load of dross, which is what we are. Newcastle will be a true reflection of where we actually are!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]There is now effectively no chance (if there ever was) of Hughton being sacked before the end of the season. And if we stay up, which is more likely than not, he will be kept on.

The first because the statistics now have have us finishing on 40 points. That would be an under-performance compared with last season (hence the long-term doubts of posters such as myself about Hughton) but this season would represent a copper-bottomed guarantee of safety.

And given that our next game is only just before the transfer window shuts it is not possible for the board to ignore those stats and decline to give Hughton money for strengthening. That would be craven. The Newcastle and the Cardiff games might change those stats, and make relegation look more likely, but too late for the board to reconsider or hold fire. It has to go with backing the manager.

You can argue (I would) that Hughton has been lucky with the way the season has gone, with not one obvious sacking point, but then Napoleon supposedly wanted lucky generals. But then Napoleon was stupid enough to invade Russia...

The second because you cannot  as a board of directors - no matter what your misgivings - dump a Norwich City manager who has done his basic job by way of avoiding the drop to the Championship both seasons. And if we can beat Hull then we can get the three wins and a few draws we now need from the next 12 fixtures, 10 of which are winnable.
[/quote]

Forgive me for being thick here but is Hughton''s second season already over?

"You can argue (I would) that Hughton has been lucky with the way the season has gone."

Pilkington out since November. RVW out with his toe for 6-8 weeks. Bassongs'' hamstring which he pulled in September, and which he appears to be avoiding stretching at times. Hoopers'' injury in pre-season.

That''s a key winger and 3 of the marquee signings that have been out for long periods of time.

I guess CH is hoping that the first 11s'' game will click with as much game time as possible, hence sticking with the same players a lot. But quite a few of his first choice players have been out for a month or more at times. That isn''t good luck, and it prevents players from getting fully match-fit, and from learning each others game where it matters, on a saturday afternoon.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]And if we stay up, which is more likely than not, he will be kept on.[/quote]Not sure I agree with this. If we stay up comfortably, with a points improvement on last season, and show some signs of becoming a more effective team, then I think he''ll be kept on.If however we do our normal sequence of terrible performances interspersed with desperate wins when the pressure is on, I think it''ll be "thanks, but we''re going to try something else" in summer.I have very little doubt that we''ll stay up, but how we do it will be what determines Hughton''s fate.

Macey wrote the following post at 18/01/2014 5:22 PM:

The F is wrong with people slatting RVW so much! This is getting beyond the Fing joke now..... He had a pretty decent game today, could have scored, was putting him self about, getting stuck in with his head trying to get on the end of sh*t crosses from Snoddy, cleared nearly all of Hulls corners. I just don''t get WTF people gripe is with him, he is clearly looking better with each game too, he just needs one to go in at the moment, check the videos of all his goals for his previous clubs for F sake. Most of it is about how we play..... stick him in a team like Southampton or Arsenal and I bet you would see a completely different player.

That''s a good post, he will prove to be a bargain IMHO, the guy is full of passion and has great ability, he does need much better service, whether we will be able to deliver that is another question , but there''s no doubting Ricky for me!

Long drives home wrote the following post at 18/01/2014 7:54 PM:

I think they are in for a shock with season ticket renewals if they think people are going to go and watch that every week

I guess they wont care as the will get loads of TV money.

We are absolute ***! End of, I actually think we will go down following a run of bad results yet again and this time the easy fixtures will have run out!

I doubt there will be a significant change in season ticket renewals, hopefully the miserable twats that were hoping we would lose today will be replaced by proper fans.

Dandy Mountfarto wrote the following post at 18/01/2014 7:57 PM:

PurpleCanary wrote:

And if we stay up, which is more likely than not, he will be kept on.

Not sure I agree with this. If we stay up comfortably, with a points improvement on last season, and show some signs of becoming a more effective team, then I think he''ll be kept on.

If however we do our normal sequence of terrible performances interspersed with desperate wins when the pressure is on, I think it''ll be "thanks, but we''re going to try something else" in summer.

I have very little doubt that we''ll stay up, but how we do it will be what determines Hughton''s fate.

If we only just manage to stay up and see no further improvement in performance he should go, but that''s for another day OTBC

[quote user="Long drives home"][quote user="ricardo"]It was a fully deserved victory. There''s not much between the bottom ten teams but Hull wouldn''t have scored if they had played until midnight.[/quote]Exactly we scraped a win against a load of dross, which is what we are. Newcastle will be a true reflection of where we actually are![/quote]Er no it won''t. Hull are one of about ten teams all in the relegation dogfight. Newcastle aren''t. It only matters how we do against the rest and of the teams below us in the league we''ve only lost once. At the end of the day that''s the only statistic you need.