Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

Johnson

Thought he was very good yesterday, and I''m usually his harshest critic. I mean, he showed his usual limitations by blasting the ball into row Z when attempting a simple pass, but if it''s only once a game it''s just about forgivable.

Other than that, he tackled very well, got in some good forward positions and helped us control the midfield, especially given Fer didn''t have a good game. Give that man a biscuit.

Been doing it all throughout our losing streak,

Probably been our best player overall since WBA win, and that''s a key reason why we haven''t been getting results. Johnson shouldn''t be in that position.

I love him of course, but he''s supposed to be doing the nitty gritty stuff, getting stuck in which most people appreciate, some don''t. And others like Fer, Snodgrass, Hooper are supposed to take charge and win us games.

Here here - as the rest of the team have lost form, BJ has single handedly rose to meet the cjallenge.He may not be the most gifted of players we know, but it shows great strength of character which is what every team needs.

You know what you get with JohnsonHe may not be the best shooter in the game... but he will always give his all.He makes mistakes but you can''t question his passion for the club.

If Howson was fit it would be a no brainer for me that Fer would be dropped to accommodate him, Johnson has been the better player for a fair few games now.

His passing was awful, again. Misplaced 15 passes and only got 69% pass completion. No Premier League midfielder should be that low.

It wasn''t as if all the passes he missed were long - 13 of the 15 misplaced were under 25 yards.

The sooner Johnson is dropped for Tettey the better Norwich will play.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]His passing was awful, again. Misplaced 15 passes and only got 69% pass completion. No Premier League midfielder should be that low.

It wasn''t as if all the passes he missed were long - 13 of the 15 misplaced were under 25 yards.

The sooner Johnson is dropped for Tettey the better Norwich will play.[/quote]

How can you say that when he has been head and shoulders above Fer. It''s not just about passing accuracy, he has been the only player willing to pick the ball up and run with it. He has made some extremely powerful runs in recent games, similar to Howson before his injury.

Fer has been a liability for weeks now, constantly giving balls away in his own half when trying to thread a pass. Fer is obviously our best passer at the club, but he reminds me of Yaya Toure when he first came to England. He cannot handle he pace of the English game for 90 minutes, i also think he is suffering not having a winter break and it''s making him look extremely lazy!

I would play 4 5 1 against the Toon, drop Fer and RVW and bring Tettey and Wes in.

That''s a fair point bethnal, had no idea it was that low but its only a few % of respectable for midfielders of our teams quality.

In his defence i do feel that part of the blame is due to him needing to force the play a bit more than would be required with a Howson or Hoolahan in the team.

Was never a Bradders fan but despite his obvious limitations in his game he has been a very consistent performer in the last few games, sure he does misplace a few, and does have me screaming at the screen (insults regarding my plasticity to follow i''m sure) sometimes , but his commitment, ballwinning and workrate are unquestionable, there are plenty more talented players around , but would they put in a shift like bradders in a team that is fighting for survival week in week out? i''m not so sure. Mr Johnson, take a bow.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]His passing was awful, again. Misplaced 15 passes and only got 69% pass completion. No Premier League midfielder should be that low.

The sooner Johnson is dropped for Tettey the better Norwich will play.[/quote]

Well clearly you need to get on the phone to Lamber and Hughton. Both of them kept him in the team despite him being the worst player ever in the PL according to stats.

Just leave the stats out of it and watch him play. It''s pathetically annoying people don''t appreciate what he brings to the team and just turn to poor passing stats. How do we even know they are right? I didn''t notice him misplace 13 short passes, and I watch him very closely. In fact next game I''ll take a note pad and keep a record.

Just so silly everyone in agreement he''s been doing well, then someone comes along with their all knowing stats and say he''s crap.

Tettey isn''t any better, we had a couple good games with him. Nothing else in his 1 1/2 years here. Don''t care if he''s three times the player Johnson is. Because fact is he isn''t. In the time he''s been here Johnson has clearly outperformed him because he''s actually been on the pitch and put the effort in. That''s not fair on Tettey as he''s had a couple injuries. But people complain left right and centre about Pilks because of that, so why not Tettey?

"Bethnal Yellow and Green His passing was awful, again. Misplaced 15 passes and only got 69% pass completion. No Premier League midfielder should be that low.

The sooner Johnson is dropped for Tettey the better Norwich will play.

I remain with this view.

He is the best of the rest available but his passing was again poor - while possession is not the be all and end all repeatedly needlessly giving the ball straight to the opposition is unforgeiveable. Wes gets dispossessed less with much more criticism. As for tackling - he won what 2/3 in the game? Ricky won that many yest and other "enforcers" regularly outperform him.

His effort and energy is commendable and we have needed a body there - but the quicker Tettey is back the better for the team

but GP - if he is giving the ball away, shooting off target and not winning tackles what is he really contributing?

Covering the pitch? We dont need Mo Farah, we need a footballer.

Great squad player, nothing more.

I don''t actually trust match stats fully, they make no consideration for position/circumstance and make something far too ''black and white'' when there are definitely shades interween. We all know what we''re getting with BJ, he does miss passes but when on form I''d have him in my starting XI.

Johnson is a player who works hard, but sometimes, the hard work he is doing is trying to retain the possession from his own mistakes. I would definitely have Fer and Howson in the middle instead. Johnson has a good work ethic; but technically not good enough for me. Tettey is a better all round player.

There''s a reason both Hughton and Lambert have rated him and he''s been a pretty much permanent figure in our midfield and even at one point mentioned in the same breath as the England squad.

I don''t rate Tettey as highly as others so my view is going to be biased but during this run of bad from Johnson has in my opinion been our best player. It was also good to see him bollocking our players yesterday when Hull nearly scored within 5 minutes.

People always point to his passing but i really don''t think it''s as bad as people make out and he actually distributes it out wide far more often than Fer does.

I love how people claim he''s not technically gifted yet neither are several players in our squad. I think you''ll also find most teams outside the top 6 have a workmanlike midfielder in a similar vein to Johnson. But laughably, some of our fans think we''re too good for that.

Johnson did well yesterday. But let''s get some perspective. We were playing a poor side at home who were content to allow us possession and play in front of them. This allowed Johnson more time than usual thus making him look good. Usually time on the ball is not given so freely, and Johnson is not composed enough. Hence why he fails to complete so many simple passes.

Good grafter with championship ability.

He has been consistently solid tbf apart from his passing,the thing with fer is I don''t think he is comfortable playing along side Johnson and is probably 10x the player when playing next to howson or maybe even tetty

I''d like to know how Johnson''s passing changes throughout the course of a match ie does it get worse as the game progresses?

He puts in a real shift every match so could his lack of passing accuracy partly be down to tiredness in the latter stages of the game?

At the end of each match he looks absolutely shattered and it''s hard to do anything accurately when you''re blowing out of your backside.

Fer could learn a lot from his less talented midfield sidekick!

didn''t play that well for me, didn''t support fer enough in the middle when we had possession and can''t pass, a useful squad player imo and can have very good games (like most people i suppose), I will enjoy it when we get a defensive midfielder who can tackle like tettey and has a good pass, doesn''t need to have much pace, just a footballing brain. Then i we can be a good team