Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

I have made a resolution

And I am placing it on the record.

I remain staunchly in the Hughton out camp. I think he should have gone and I think sticking with him places our prem future in jeopardy and worry that he is going to further alienate Wes. I think the win yesterday was more to do with the fact Hull are useless away from home and that we have some decent players who have been underperforming than anything Hughton did.

HOWEVER

I accept after yesterday''s result that he is going to be here for the rest of the season and I just want to go back to enjoying supporting the team rather than obsessing over Hughton so I am going to try and chill out and stop the Hughton out posts for now. Fingers crossed he will sign a couple of decent players, do enough to keep us up and we can all revisit the debate in the summer. i can''t promise not to have the odd moan here and there but i will do my best to stick to this resolution!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]And I am placing it on the record.

I remain staunchly in the Hughton out camp. I think he should have gone and I think sticking with him places our prem future in jeopardy and worry that he is going to further alienate Wes. I think the win yesterday was more to do with the fact Hull are useless away from home and that we have some decent players who have been underperforming than anything Hughton did.

HOWEVER

I accept after yesterday''s result that he is going to be here for the rest of the season and I just want to go back to enjoying supporting the team rather than obsessing over Hughton so I am going to try and chill out and stop the Hughton out posts for now. Fingers crossed he will sign a couple of decent players, do enough to keep us up and we can all revisit the debate in the summer. i can''t promise not to have the odd moan here and there but i will do my best to stick to this resolution![/quote][Y]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]And I am placing it on the record. I remain staunchly in the Hughton out camp. I think he should have gone and I think sticking with him places our prem future in jeopardy and worry that he is going to further alienate Wes. I think the win yesterday was more to do with the fact Hull are useless away from home and that we have some decent players who have been underperforming than anything Hughton did. HOWEVER I accept after yesterday''s result that he is going to be here for the rest of the season and I just want to go back to enjoying supporting the team rather than obsessing over Hughton so I am going to try and chill out and stop the Hughton out posts for now. Fingers crossed he will sign a couple of decent players, do enough to keep us up and we can all revisit the debate in the summer. i can''t promise not to have the odd moan here and there but i will do my best to stick to this resolution![/quote]

Good for you Mr Jim I however cannot make such a pledge because I firmly believe, despite yesterday''s vital win he will relegate us.

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]And I am placing it on the record. I remain staunchly in the Hughton out camp. I think he should have gone and I think sticking with him places our prem future in jeopardy and worry that he is going to further alienate Wes. I think the win yesterday was more to do with the fact Hull are useless away from home and that we have some decent players who have been underperforming than anything Hughton did. HOWEVER I accept after yesterday''s result that he is going to be here for the rest of the season and I just want to go back to enjoying supporting the team rather than obsessing over Hughton so I am going to try and chill out and stop the Hughton out posts for now. Fingers crossed he will sign a couple of decent players, do enough to keep us up and we can all revisit the debate in the summer. i can''t promise not to have the odd moan here and there but i will do my best to stick to this resolution![/quote]

Good for you Mr Jim I however cannot make such a pledge because I firmly believe, despite yesterday''s vital win he will relegate us.

[/quote]

I think there is a risk he will Jimbo agreed. But what can we do about it. I just can''t see a change being made now, the window for making the change has probably gone.

We are a club in transition and this takes time. Hughton has a fine footballing pedigree which he has yet to transfer onto the pitch for us.

Watching Villa score against Liverpool is the type of football i yearn for.Decisive, incisive and confident one touch football, thats what i really miss compared with Hughton''s style of play at the moment.

H

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]

[/quote]

I think there is a risk he will Jimbo agreed. But what can we do about it. I just can''t see a change being made now, the window for making the change has probably gone.[/quote]

That lasted a long time then Jim...

I fail to see the point of making a resolution nbot to post your true opinion. And this goes to show the futility of that sentiment.

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]We are a club in transition and this takes time. Hughton has a fine footballing pedigree which he has yet to transfer onto the pitch for us.

Watching Villa score against Liverpool is the type of football i yearn for.Decisive, incisive and confident one touch football, thats what i really miss compared with Hughton''s style of play at the moment.

H[/quote]

I don''t necessarily agree with that. I think Hughton has had more than enough time to shape the team to how he wants it and he hasn''t managed to quite do it. I think what we''ve got now is how it will always be under Hughton.

Is this a bad thing though? Our consistency is horrible but yet we are still 12th in the table. Like the OP has stated Hughton will not be sacked this season so there''s little point trying to focus on being negative. Ultimately it''s the board who are going to make the decision based on their judgement on how Hughton has performed and reports this week suggest 17th and upward is good enough.

Well done OP. I think that it is better for everybody that we are a united group. Whilst some might not like the pack leader, we are still more effective as a united pack. There is so much evidence in all walks of life that division is disastrous.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]

[/quote]

I think there is a risk he will Jimbo agreed. But what can we do about it. I just can''t see a change being made now, the window for making the change has probably gone.[/quote]

I fail to see the point of making a resolution nbot to post your true opinion. And this goes to show the futility of that sentiment.

[/quote]

It was more a pledge to try and focus on the positives and not keep banging on about my true opinion Purple. I''m not changing that opinion but I think now the scene is set for the rest of the season we have to get on with it and people (including myself) should focus on supporting the team and try to get back to enjoying the football.

Well done Jim, i think that putting your doubts about certain elements at City to one side and getting behind the team is what being a supporter is all about.

We''re not Bayern and CH aint Pep and never will be but they''re our Club and we should support them through thick and thin, leave the management decisions to the board,they''ve got us this far.

[quote user="Jim Smith"] I am going to try and chill out and stop the Hughton out posts for now. Fingers crossed he will sign a couple of decent players, do enough to keep us up and we can all revisit the debate in the summer. i can''t promise not to have the odd moan here and there but i will do my best to stick to this resolution![/quote]Don''t make promises you can''t keep Jim. It''s gone quiet because of yesterdays result but there will be further ups and downs before this season is out and the forum will reflect the latest result, as it always does.Nothing is resolved in January and we will be in the mix with seven or eight other clubs right to the end. There will be a lot of clubs that end up with fewer than 40 points and we might well be one of them.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Jim Smith"] I am going to try and chill out and stop the Hughton out posts for now. Fingers crossed he will sign a couple of decent players, do enough to keep us up and we can all revisit the debate in the summer. i can''t promise not to have the odd moan here and there but i will do my best to stick to this resolution![/quote]Don''t make promises you can''t keep Jim. It''s gone quiet because of yesterdays result but there will be further ups and downs before this season is out and the forum will reflect the latest result, as it always does.Nothing is resolved in January and we will be in the mix with seven or eight other clubs right to the end. There will be a lot of clubs that end up with fewer than 40 points and we might well be one of them.[/quote]

Yes Ricardo and I will have a little moan im sure about the odd formation, team selection or sub but I will not be calling for Hughton to be sacked or obsessing over everything he says or does. My team won an important game yesterday and whilst I was obviously delighted that we won, a small part of my delight was tempered by the fact it meant no management change this season. Now I am reconciled with that fact I''m moving on. We are where we are now. He''s our manager and I hope the boards judgment is correct and he keeps us up. I''m personally expecting us to scrape safety. Anything more is a bonus. Anything less obviously will be massively disappointing.

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]We are a club in transition and this takes time. Hughton has a fine footballing pedigree which he has yet to transfer onto the pitch for us.

H[/quote]

It was good viewing no question. Liverpool were caught napping and they made the most of it.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was more a pledge to try and focus on the positives and not keep banging on about my true opinion Purple. I''m not changing that opinion but I think now the scene is set for the rest of the season we have to get on with it and people (including myself) should focus on supporting the team and try to get back to enjoying the football.[/quote]Jim, I am deeply flattered to be mistaken for nutty but...[:P][:D][;)]

I''ve not been a fan of many of Hughton''s tactics, in fact I complained as soon as he arrived, when it was posted on this site a video of him giving tactics against a passing team and he said the thing to do was drop back when the goalie had the ball, when I believe the thing to do is push up and stop the keeper passing short.Despite not agreeing with his tactics I''m still part of the Hughton IN camp and always have been, simply because there are many ways to play this game so let the manager manage.

why would you say that you''re going to try and stop creating ''hughton out'' posts, surely just don''t do it unless we are in trouble