Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

How good are Aston Villa away from home!?

It''s good football from Villa but Liverppol are really handing it on a plate to them, you would think they''ve been taking lessons from us on defending!

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Paul Lambert has got them playing brilliant attacking football. Perfect tactics. At Anfield aswell. Can''t imagine a Chris Hughton side ever producing football like this, especially away from home. Just sayin''.[/quote]Funnily enough the Villa fans are giving Lambert all sorts of stick at the moment, and saying how boring watching his team is. That''s football fans for you...You might also want to look at their home record...(However I do agree to an extent, we wouldn''t ever really give it a go away to any of the big clubs)

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]So if they lost 9-2 we shouldn''t careI like the logic....[/quote]

I''d take 9-2 over 7-0. A bit like I''d prefer a full fry up with mouldy bread over a bowl of gruel

There should be replays on incidents like that and if found guilty of diving simple yellow card. One reply a game for managers....btw would love to see Holt Score but would hate Villa to win so kinda torn.

If anyone is unsure why most are unhappy with Hughtons style then this game was the answer. Lambert went for it with his players showing no fear and came away from anfield with a point. The complete opposite of our surrender the game before kick off attitude at such grounds.

[quote user="Brightside"]That Holt fella Villa have upfront looks pretty good. Maybe we should have gone for him ourselves ; )[/quote]
Will more than likely flourish again under Lambo. TBH their passing is crisper, their movement more fluid on and off the ball, close down their opposition and give them little space, and they scored one more at Anfield and conceded 3 less than us by taking the game to Liverpool.
Yeah how awful.. Villa fans have very little to moan about after watching that. If he sorted their home form out then they''d be around the same points as United. They''re realistically a 7-8th place team. Weird as I only thought towards the end that it was Rodgers vs. Lambert - All those Norwich and Swansea battles!

Grant Holt.... jut wait til our Wes is feeding him through-ball passes for Villa come February..

[quote user="JF"]If anyone is unsure why most are unhappy with Hughtons style then this game was the answer. Lambert went for it with his players showing no fear and came away from anfield with a point. The complete opposite of our surrender the game before kick off attitude at such grounds.[/quote]
^ This. You mean they actually press, close down, pass, create AANNNNDDD score goals!?!?!? Whaaaaaat!?!? [:P]

[quote user="djc"]Grant Holt.... jut wait til our Wes is feeding him through-ball passes for Villa come February..[/quote]After our team won today, make sere you keep yourself negative and miserable with such thoughts [Y]

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="JF"]If anyone is unsure why most are unhappy with Hughtons style then this game was the answer. Lambert went for it with his players showing no fear and came away from anfield with a point. The complete opposite of our surrender the game before kick off attitude at such grounds.[/quote]

^ This. You mean they actually press, close down, pass, create AANNNNDDD score goals!?!?!? Whaaaaaat!?!? [:P]

[/quote]

Liverpool were on the beach.I wouldn''t take that result as evidence of Lambert''s genius.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 18/01/2014 7:56 PM:

i thought our record was pretty good against the big teams under hughton?

You thought wrong then! Lost every game we have played against the ''big teams'' this season. Couple of very good wins at home last season though.