Sign in to follow this  
littleyellowbirdie

Funny stat that nobody is interested in.

I was just browsing transfermarkt.co.uk and came across a surprising stat. Out of eight appearances in a 4-4-2 formation we''ve got 4 wins, 2 draws, and 2 losses this season. Is anyone remotely interested in this? If so, what do they make of it?

I slagged off 4 4 2 before we tried itThought it was outdated and we would just get mauledAppears I was wrong however and I can only apologise for making a fuss about it.

I really wish there was an edit button on here. These were the games.Those games wereSouthampton     Home      1-0          WCrystal Palace   Home       1-0          WWest Brom        Away        2-0          WSwansea City    Home       1-1           DSunderland        Away        0-0          DFulham              Home       1-2           LEverton              Away       0-2          LHull City            Home      1-0           W

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]I slagged off 4 4 2 before we tried itThought it was outdated and we would just get mauledAppears I was wrong however and I can only apologise for making a fuss about it. [/quote]Funnily enough, I''m in exactly the same boat on that!

Looking at those results it clearly has a place.

Against the top sides, including Everton because they deserve to be included on this seasons from it''s not going to be ideal. Although apparently neither is 4-5-1 we conceded six goals against Arsenal and Chelsea with the God like Tettey playing, so who knows what to do against them? (Well, Hughotn did last season but he appears to have forgotten).

But to stay up a few more tight 1-0 wins and a couple extra 0-0s will do I guess. Anything will do.

And the new 4-4-2 with Hooper and RVW could be the real answer, if they can spark up a partnership. Of course neither of them have actually scored since Elmander was dropped, but still....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Looking at those results it clearly has a place.

Against the top sides, including Everton because they deserve to be included on this seasons from it''s not going to be ideal. Although apparently neither is 4-5-1 we conceded six goals against Arsenal and Chelsea with the God like Tettey playing, so who knows what to do against them? (Well, Hughotn did last season but he appears to have forgotten).

But to stay up a few more tight 1-0 wins and a couple extra 0-0s will do I guess. Anything will do.

And the new 4-4-2 with Hooper and RVW could be the real answer, if they can spark up a partnership. Of course neither of them have actually scored since Elmander was dropped, but still....[/quote]

It''s a funny one about Elmander. Forward that hardly ever scores, but seems to add to the other striker. Think RvW and Hooper is well worth exploring further wouldn''t you say?

That fact just is more or less false as for example if you count Southampton victory as 4-4-2 you would have to count Tottenham and Aston Villa losses too. Or if you dont count them you would have to take away every victory where Elmander has played in as he doesnt ever play pure striker for us, if not last 10 mins of game when we are trailing.

and in the other hand there is plenty of games where we have started with different system than which we end the game.

In my opinion in pure 4-4-2 we dont get enough balls for our strikers and even in 4-4-1-1 our creativity is poor and we should be aiming for 3 man midfield. Now thought with Jonas we could get something more out of 4-4-2, but still in my opinion it takes most out of game Hughton tries to play.