Sign in to follow this  
CJ

McNally in for Lennon?

I am surprised no comment on this as far as I can see on this forum or inNews fromPink un.

I know Neil Lennon has issued denial etc but knowing McNally I would not put it past him to have an alternative manager lined up if we had lost on Saturday, Certainly interesting that this rumour should come forth now!

Maybe it was a straight swap Lennon for Snodgrass!

Not sure there is much in this - Lennon was spotted at the Fulham v Norwich game and then we suddenly see ''Celtic want Snodgrass'' and ''Norwich want Lennon'' stories.

It''s 2+2 stuff and none of it really rings true. Personally hope Norwich aren''t interested in Lennon, hasn''t really shown anything in his time at Celtic that he is going to make a wonderful manager.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Not sure there is much in this - Lennon was spotted at the Fulham v Norwich game and then we suddenly see ''Celtic want Snodgrass'' and ''Norwich want Lennon'' stories.

It''s 2+2 stuff and none of it really rings true. Personally hope Norwich aren''t interested in Lennon, hasn''t really shown anything in his time at Celtic that he is going to make a wonderful manager.

[/quote]

But when you read it Mr Bethnal at no time does he say he isn''t interested.

Celtic Chat also picked up on that point.

When I first saw this story, I wondered  why Lennon would want to come here . I cannot imagine he''s on bad money at Parkhead, and is virtually guaranteed Champions league football each season.But, with Rangers out of the frame, he , I guess ,needs a new challenge, and it seems to be a lot of managers'' dreams to manage in the self styled "best league in the world " (though I found myself constantly sniggering at that idea during the rubbish that both teams served up on Saturday afternoon !)It would be interesting to know what sort of money (both salary and transfer budget) he''d be demanding if he came to manage a lower ranking Prem side though ?

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

But when you read it Mr Bethnal at no time does he say he isn''t interested.

Celtic Chat also picked up on that point.

[/quote]

Of course he''d like the job - I reckon he would be happy to move to any Premier League club.

But the speculation has only arisen because he was at the Fulham v Norwich game. McNally made it pretty clear the day after the Fulham game that they weren''t about to sack Hughton. While I''m sure he has indentified targets to replace Hughton should it come to that, he most certainly isn''t at the stage where he is going to invite them to watch games.

Also, Lennon wouldn''t turn up to watch Norwich if he was angling for the job - especially while he is still employed, I doubt his bosses at Celtic would take kindly to that. Lennon was there scouting a player, God knows who, maybe Fox or maybe one of the Fulham reserve team. Premier League reserves is about all Lennon can hope to sign while at Celtic.

[quote user="lake district canary"] Surely the manager issue is done and dusted, at least until the end  for this season?

[/quote]No doubt you''d like to think just that, Lakey.But, I can assure you that this will rumble on. Particularly if we hit another bad patch of form, or drop into the bottom 3 (by no means out of the question).Of course I , like you, hope it will not need to resurface till the summer at the earliest, but I''m by no means as confident as you appear to be .

[quote user="lake district canary"]I honestly thought this was a transfer rumour about Aaron Lennon - which would be fantastic of course. 

Surely the manager issue is done and dusted, at least until the end  for this season?

[/quote]

One swallow does not make a summer! nor does one stumbling win against a poor Hull display.

I''m not taking anything away from the player, they certainly played better than recently and the effort was there to see, but how can you say Hughton is definately here until the summer when only the board knows?

We can all have our say but the issue s certainly not done and dusted, we wait to see what the board do next. I''m sure it depends who is available, who the board would target and if they would want to take the City job.......we wait to see what the board decide to do!

I for one don''t think Lennon is the right replacement, nor Malkay, nor some of the others touted on here. Our best success has come from our own, Stringer, Brown Walker and I would like to think with Robins, Adams and others in the back room our future manager if not the next but one for the future might just come from them.

Do I want Hughton out before the next game, yes if we had the right replacememnt, not if it meant an interim manager who if just firefighting!

[quote user="lake district canary"]I honestly thought this was a transfer rumour about Aaron Lennon - which would be fantastic of course. 

Surely the manager issue is done and dusted, at least until the end  for this season?

[/quote]

Only in YOUR world Mr LDC.

As disaster upon disaster continue to follow his tenue the bitterness and calls for his head will still rumble on.

[quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

One swallow does not make a summer! nor does one stumbling win against a poor Hull display.

I''m not taking anything away from the player, they certainly played better than recently and the effort was there to see, but how can you say Hughton is definately here until the summer when only the board knows?

We can all have our say but the issue s certainly not done and dusted, we wait to see what the board do next. I''m sure it depends who is available, who the board would target and if they would want to take the City job.......we wait to see what the board decide to do!

I for one don''t think Lennon is the right replacement, nor Malkay, nor some of the others touted on here. Our best success has come from our own, Stringer, Brown Walker and I would like to think with Robins, Adams and others in the back room our future manager if not the next but one for the future might just come from them.

Do I want Hughton out before the next game, yes if we had the right replacememnt, not if it meant an interim manager who if just firefighting!

[/quote]

Mark Robins is currently manager at Huddesfield and never really shown much in his career so far to suggest he could do a job in the Premier League and Neil Adams has never coached at senior level let alone managed. Youth football and senior football are worlds apart - at youth level you are trying to develop individual players, where as at senior level it is obviously all about the team.

Adams shouldn''t be let anywhere near the Norwich manager job until he has been someone else and proven he can manage above youth level.

I agree about Lennon and Malkay but would take either over Robins or Adams.

Makes sense, rumour was that Dhani was going to step in his father''s boots.

Would prefer Sean over McNally though, not sure he could pull of the magical mystery tour theme with that grim smile.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mark Robins is currently manager at Huddesfield and never really shown much in his career so far to suggest he could do a job in the Premier League and Neil Adams has never coached at senior level let alone managed. Youth football and senior football are worlds apart - at youth level you are trying to develop individual players, where as at senior level it is obviously all about the team.

Adams shouldn''t be let anywhere near the Norwich manager job until he has been someone else and proven he can manage above youth level.

[/quote]

Its a good job we didn''t think like that with Stringer and Walker isn''t it?

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Stringer & Walker had both managed above youth level before managing the first team, what is your point?

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Football is very different from the days of Stringer and Walker. Anyway, Walker had managerial experience before taking over Norwich and Stringer worked with the senior pros in the reserves.

Adams might becoming a great manager one day - but I wouldn''t want Norwich gambling their Premier League survival on it.

Hypothetically speaking if he did leave Celtic to manage any premier league club, just out of curiosity who may replace him at Celtic?

Wonder if someone who said they''d never want to manage in that league be interested? (two years without a challenge sweeping all before and managing in champions league)

I have vision''s of the Burnley scenario will he stay or won''t he saga repeating itself in the midlands.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Football is very different from the days of Stringer and Walker. Anyway, Walker had managerial experience before taking over Norwich and Stringer worked with the senior pros in the reserves.

Adams might becoming a great manager one day - but I wouldn''t want Norwich gambling their Premier League survival on it.[/quote]

Football is definitely very different. Since there''s no reserve team anymore the days of promoting from within seem to be over.

However that''s not to say that Adams couldn''t eventually be promoted to first team coach if we were to follow what West Brom have done in insisting that a new manager works with existing coaches rather than bring in his own men.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Tim Sherwood?