Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Player ratings Vs Hull.

Couldn''t see a thread so I''ll start one!

Ruddy-6- Didn''t really have anything to do, kicking seemed fine though. Didn''t drop the ball either from what I remember. So nothing wrong, but nothing much to do.

Martin-7- Solid game I thought, couple of early moments I thought he may have let the winger through. But he is good at holding up and covering ground, which is what you want from a FB. Did ok going forward, just need to get the ball in the box quicker.

R.Bennett-8- very solid at the back, not afraid to just hoof it away when necceaary, and scored the winner. Quicker with the ball than Bassong.

Bassong-6- Kond of like Ruddy, didn''t really seem to have to do much. But certainly not as inspiring as the Bassong of last season.

Olsson-6- kind of expected him to get forward more, but we mostly attacked down the right, so not his fault. And no glaring defensive mistakes for me.s

Snodgrass-7- Best whole game of the season? Maybe, not saying much, but was involved and beating the FB, seemed to get back quacking today, plenty of crosses for Wolfie, finally scored from one of his corners too!

Fer-6/7- He does something quality, then next time trips over the ball. Got all the potential to be an immense player for us, but needs to just to improve something, focus or consistency. Maybe strengthen his legs a bit too, seems to get caught up in tangles and fall over too easily.

Johnson-7/8- Johnson is doing everything right at the moment, wins the ball more than so,e give him credit for, of course his passing is still no where near the best, but it''s better. It''s quicker, and he''s actually trying to create things. Shouldn''t be his job, but for some reason it appears to be him not Fer given that responsibility.

Jonas-7- Shakey first few minutes, but then got stuck in, kept the ball well, always wanted it. Good passing and running. Could be a very useful player.

RVW-7- Very involved, lots of running, lots of clever toches and lining up with Snoddy in particular. Should have scored, but goals will certainly come. Clearly quality and IMO better than hooper withouth a doubt. Hopefully they can make it work together.

Hooper-7- Not as impressed, thought I''d give him a 7 just to avoid getting moaned at. His run after RVW went off was great, didn''t really do a lot else for me. Don''t think he''s looked all that good at all when not playing with Elmander.

Subs;

Pilkington-5- Not sure why he came on really, anonymous. Only ever got the ball in the middle third, didn''t seem to really went to run with it. Don''t think he was anywhere near match fit.

Becchio-5- Came on, mucked up that pass for Hooper after his run, did nothing of note apart from clear a corner. Showed exactly why he hasn''t been involved.

Webb-10- for his posing alone. He should take up modeling.

Fans-7- Better.

Hughton-8- Seemed to get it right, RVW should have scored, had plenty of fairly open opportunities from crosses that didn''t end up on anything, couple scraps in the box etc. we actually in most games create plenty of chances. Bemused by people who think we don''t attack. Late goal possibly saved his job.

My Norwich team on PES-10- got a couple key wins against Man.U and Fulham to take me top of the league! Wolfie top scorer. Lovely job.

[quote user="morty"]Disagree about Hooper, I thought he was excellent yesterday.[/quote]
I thought he was particularly good in the latter stages of the second half where he showed some very neat touches and also showed just how strong he is, on occasion out muscling two hull CB''s to the ball.

Cant argue with the ratings, everyone put a shift in but nobody produced a stand out moment.

Always that one pinpoint pass or cross away from a clear cut chance.

Is it me or do we never get that lucky bounce or deflection in the box?

Whenever the opposition cross, it clip someones heel and lands at the feet of their cente forward. 

I''d have given Snodgrass an 8. He clearly isn''t everybodies cup of tea but so much of our most threatening play involves him.

I would give Gutierrez an 8 - considering he''s barely played this season, I thought he hardly put a foot wrong after the first few minutes, and had a couple of really strong bursts combining pace and power, as well as holding his position well to stop El Mohamady getting too far forward and allowing Olsson to come round the outside. When he is fully match fit I think he could be key for us in what remains of the season.Agreed that Martin deserves an 8, I think Whittaker got a lot of unfair criticism after the Fulham game but on current form Martin has to be a certainty for RB as long as Bassong and Bennett stay fit.

Completely agree about Fer. Either very good or very bad. Some consistency needed.

Johnson was very good yesterday too.

From what I could see without being at the game, sorry to keep mentioning it, but its doing my head in these days not getting to more matches....anyway...

I would agree with most of your scores, other than upgrade Bradley to the 8 and also Snodgrass and Hooper to an 8.

I actually thought the ref was very good despite his posing. 

I don''t know why I''m not seeing what everyone else is seeing in Hooper. He just doesn''t seem to get that involved too me. Needs the other striker to do all the work.

And while I appreciate how much Snoddy was involved, that''s why I have him a seven. He had so much of the ball, had the beating of the LB but still didn''t set up a goal until 86th minutes much improved in general, some dangerous crosses and his link up with Martin is reason alone to keep him in ahead of Whittaker. But to get that 8, for the amount he has the ball on good areas needs to do something just that bit more special. Although a couple times was perhaps others at fault for not converting his final ball.

And to those saying you agree, how do you know how good my PES team is ;)

Dont think the performance was an 8 from any player, the perfformance was not that cohesive.

Bennett was my MOTM followed by Snoddy. Of the front two I though Ricky was the better of the two by some way - and am with you one your view of Hooper GP.

Ruddy - 6- nothing much to do.Martin - 6.5 - caught out of position a couple of times, was OK going forward.R.Bennett - 8 - a good game, tidy on the ball, and a goal.Bassong - 6 - made a few bad mistakes but also did some good defending.Olsson - 6 - didn''t have much to do as not much of the match was played on his side of the pitch.Snodgrass - 7.5 - his best game of the season. I don''t like it when he loses the ball and then stands around rather than be alert to get the ball again.Fer - 4.5 - He seems to lack focus but realises straight afterwards that he has made a mistake. Johnson - 7.5 - he seems to be trying very hard and he is being positive to try to make things happen. I have been one of his biggest critics but he has been playing better than Fer.Jonas - 6 - didn''t get involved much in the game but he kept the ball well. I didn''t like it when he drifted out of position.RVW - 6 - obviously trying very hard to get a goal for himself but some bad decision making when others better placed to score. He made a few good headed clearances.Hooper - 8.5 - very good at going deep to get the ball and drive the team forward (like Rooney does for Man Utd). Good movement. We would really struggle without him.Becchio - 6.5 - I can understand why he had such a good goalscoring record because his positional sense is superb. He looks like he has the potential to form a good partnership with Hooper. It is a shame that he hasn''t had much time to play since joining the club. I would rather he was given some more match time than Elmander.Pilkington - 6 - a nice turn of pace but that was about it from his short time on the pitch. Good to have him back.

Becchio seemed to be bossing the 18 yard box, and he seemed like a real spark plug, making noise, full of energy, and just very happy to lead the charge. Granted, this is from a tv point of view.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Ruddy - 6- nothing much to do.Martin - 6.5 - caught out of position a couple of times, was OK going forward.R.Bennett - 8 - a good game, tidy on the ball, and a goal.Bassong - 6 - made a few bad mistakes but also did some good defending.Olsson - 6 - didn''t have much to do as not much of the match was played on his side of the pitch.Snodgrass - 7.5 - his best game of the season. I don''t like it when he loses the ball and then stands around rather than be alert to get the ball again.Fer - 4.5 - He seems to lack focus but realises straight afterwards that he has made a mistake. Johnson - 7.5 - he seems to be trying very hard and he is being positive to try to make things happen. I have been one of his biggest critics but he has been playing better than Fer.Jonas - 6 - didn''t get involved much in the game but he kept the ball well. I didn''t like it when he drifted out of position.RVW - 6 - obviously trying very hard to get a goal for himself but some bad decision making when others better placed to score. He made a few good headed clearances.Hooper - 8.5 - very good at going deep to get the ball and drive the team forward (like Rooney does for Man Utd). Good movement. We would really struggle without him.Becchio - 6.5 - I can understand why he had such a good goalscoring record because his positional sense is superb. He looks like he has the potential to form a good partnership with Hooper. It is a shame that he hasn''t had much time to play since joining the club. I would rather he was given some more match time than Elmander.Pilkington - 6 - a nice turn of pace but that was about it from his short time on the pitch. Good to have him back.[/quote]I think these scores are a little bit fairer than the OP. Never mind the fact that individual performances were on the whole fairly good, we''re still a bit disjointed as a team. In fact it shows up quite well when we''re playing at home against a team which is largely sitting behind the ball.Some of the forwards'' play was pleasing in that we''re seeing some quite good interplay at times and had a good selection of different abilities on show. It was nice to see Becchio play a neat one-two with Hooper, we need to see more of this sort of composure in the opposition half.

I thought our best two players were BJ and Snods. The former was terrific, hounding the Hull midfield and making Huddlestone look anonymous, passing decently as well although not incisive. Looked much better than Fer who seemed to rely too much on stretching a long leg out and then either winning it or falling over and losing it dangerously. However they did well despite being outnumbered.

Snodgrass had a great game although crossing not quite there and corners average. but he caused problems all afternoon.

RvW and Hooper both struggled at times by having to come deep. When Gutierrez came in of the wing they looked more dangerous as they could take up traditional striker positions, not having to go hunting for the ball. RvW better first half but disappeared in the second. the reverse for Hooper. RVW needs to attack the ball more aggressively, seems a bit shy of getting truly stuck in.

Bassong scared me at times, some silly little mistakes which could have caused more problems against a batter team. Bennett looked much better.

Martin went missing early on when Hull had their two chances but settled down, got forward well at times like the Martin of old.

Tactics/Hughton: Picked the right team and set up. But the game was crying out for a injection of pace or creativity in the final 20. Snods was doing well but all a bit slow, we rarely got to the byline. Redmond or even Murphy might have been a better bet instead of Pilks on the left. Quite often RVW or Hoops were starting little runs but the ball went sideways or back in promising positions and they had to check back.

However the biggest thing I would change is the position of the wide men. Playing two slowish wingers didn''t work. When Gutierrez cut in he looked strong and dangerous, likewise Snodgrass. When they play wide on the flanks they don''t have the pace to beat a defender and they rely on the full backs making sprints, lose the ball and you are in trouble. But as outside central midfielders I thought they looked much better and we looked more solid. Not a big tactical change, but big impact.

Gutierrez looks like a good addition, did anybody else notice when he went to BJ after the latter controlled a high ball expertly and set up an attack? Nice touch. Could be a useful on pitch leader.

Hull were poor. We definitely deserved the win and hopefully this will give the side some confidence.

Tumbleweed,

Agree with most of what you have said, with the exception of Snoddy. To quote you;

"Snodgrass had a great game although crossing not quite there and corners average."

"Snods was doing well but all a bit slow, we rarely got to the byline."

So, if his crossing is not quite trhere and his corners are average and he''s a bit slow and rarely gets to the byline, how on earth, considering he is a winger, did you think he had a great game??

IMO he works hard but flatters to deceive, very rarely does he deliver an end product, also when Martin went missing, it was more that he had been left unprotected by Snoddy, in fact on one occasion he could be seen looking over to Snoddy and making the point.

Agree with that Ray, as a winger you have to put in good crosses, even from dead balls he is crap.

Fer is an enigma, at times looks like a young Ya Ya Toure but does has this tendency to try one trick to many like he is playing FIFA, and ends up losing the ball in dangerous areas of the pitch.

I thought the work rate of Hoops and RVW was excellent and hopefully given a few more games together will get some goals.

Bassong needs a good kick up the arse if he just defends he is great it''s all the other bits, the laziness sometimes on the ball.

Thought Spiderman had a really good first half looked tired in the second, but potential there definitely.

If we can just get a cutting edge and decent delivery from wide we will be fine and the goals will come.

Indeed Ray, as I was typing that I was not sure that was the right way to put it! To me he looked like our most dangerous player, got the ball in some great areas, ran at opponents and cut in pretty effectively. The slowness is not something he can do much about, it won''t affect whether he has a good game or not, he won''t burst past a functioning full back, but he can still be very effective. He let himself down when crossing, few were dangerous and the corners generally poor other than the one we scored from- shows the effect of getting it right. It is a problem when you play on the "wrong" wing, the crosses are arrowing in rather than away. I might have been a bit generous saying his game was "great" but maintain that he did look a threat to them.

I forgot to make a point that their full back was booked from memory so a little pace down that side might have helped as a wrongly time tackled would have been a sending off, so I was surprised we didn''t try to exploit that.

Funny how people see it, I thought Fer & Johnson played well, Bennett was MOM, thought Hooper and RVW worked hard accross the entire front and dropped back into midfield to link things up, both were a tad unlucky not to have put the ball inot the net......but at least we had chances.

Snodders crosses were a vast improvement and Martin was also getting forward in support which gave Snodders support on the wing.

Spiderman had a good debut, not as good as some on here are trying to make out, but looked solid never lost the ball and brough others into play, so I hold my hands up to a solid start, I hope he goes on to preve me wrong!

Olsson for me lacked the confidence to get forward in the same manner as Martin and finally Bassong had one of his better games, but never a captain in my book.

Ruddy - 6 - had nothing to do as Hull were awful

Martin - 6 - Had time to get forward and supported Snodders well.

Bassong - 6 - OK for a change and did nothing daft.

Bennett - 8 - Is our best defender by a mile and been saying this for weeks! Good head for the goal.

Olsson - 5 - Lacked movement forward in support of Gutiérrez

Snodders - 7 - Run all game and his crossing was a half decent for a change.

Fer - 6 - Up against Huddlestone and kept him quiet, filled in when needed and got stuck in a bit more!

Johnson - 7 - Not the most gifted, but I thought his use of the ball by keeping things simple was good.

Gutiérrez - 6 - Good solid perfromance, nothing special but nothing bad.

Hooper - 6 - Run his socks off had linked well with RVW and glimpse of a partnership.

RVW - 6 - The same as Hooper, unlucky not to have scored, should have scored! but once the first goes in I''m sure many will follow

On the whole a far better level of energy all round, can''t fault the effort by the players.

It was a far better team display than we have seen in weeks.

That said it was a very poor Hull performance, we took it to them and kept the ball away from them and on the attack finally looked threatening! 3 points was a must...

The fans were outstanding (exluding the few boos out the snake pit at half time), good voice and raised the player in the last 10......could it have been Dublins input prior to the game saying the players owed us a performance, what a leader & legend!

Now please take this onto the Newcastle game with no excuses, we want 4 points from the next two games.

[quote user="Indy"]

Bennett - 8 - Is our best defender by a mile and been saying this for weeks! Good head for the goal.

[/quote]

He''s our most overrated defender.

This season, Ryan Bennett has been our best central defender. Irrespective of how he''s rated, in terms of hard stats like distribution, tackles won v tackles lost, fouls, times dribbled past, he has been our highest performer, well, on a statistical par with Turner really, but a damn sight better than Captain Casual (who I thought was back to his best v Hull) and Russ Martin