Sign in to follow this  
Tiffey Boy

Wolfs missed header

I am frustrated that this was not shown on MOTD. Looked easier to score from where I sat, but because I was in the corner could not see how close/far away it was.

Does anyone know if extended highlights are available elsewhere (free , I''ve already paid once!)

The defender got there first. RVW''s positioning was spot on.

Corner resulted.

The man doesn''t seem to have much luck it seems.

RVW was getting out-muscled when crosses were coming into the penalty area.  He was getting into some good positions, as he generally does, and for once the crosses were finding him.  But if this is how Norwich are going to play the ball to RVW,  which doesn''t appear to be his natural game, then he better get down the gymn and learn to hold off defenders with his strength.

It is his natural game Pyro Pete.
I take it you didn''t watch him for Sporting?
He''s adjusting, its taking a while and the injury didn''t help. The team are also adjusting, we''ve been very very disjoined which helps no one. We''ve got no crosses coming in from one side, and crosses from Snoddy/Martin/Whittaker coming in late and more often than not too close to the GK. Your best strongest header in the box would struggle to convert most crosses coming from that side, pretty much every commentator on away game streams i''ve watched has commented on how difficult it is too score when you delay the crosses.
RVW got close a couple times, i''m sure he''s disappointed in himself he didn''t score. I still don''t understand why Hooper seemed to have got away with missing a couple easy chances since his last (fluke at that) goal. Of course he''s scored the goals. But for some reason whatever it is he''s doing is getting more fans on his side. Personally I don''t see it, when RVW came off he had a lovely burst, got the ball from deep and ran and Becchio messed up the return. But I honestly cannot remember anything noteworthy he did before then.
Bruce (I think it was him) defended very well against RVW. The amount of converted crosses is very low for us, and most teams. Wolfie will find the space, as he did against Everton from Whittakers miss hit shot. But he was, in Portugal anyway and there is no reason why he can''t convert that form (although probably not quite as prolific) to this league. And if he can''t, the signs should have been there already in all honesty and he shouldn''t have been signed.

As I indicated in another thread, he didn''t become a bad player overnight! He''s still a class act but needs to find his feet in the EPL! I still have confidence in him and Hooper forming a good partnership!

RvW is quite patently a good player, and is trying hard to adjust to the rigours of the PL.Observing him on Sat afternoon he is displaying all the hallmarks of someone who just needs to score once, whether it''s a tap in, a deflection off his backside, a stooping header...it matters not. He just needs a goal, and then , all things being equal more will flow. We saw some tantalising signs of the team as a whole being able to provide him with the type of service he enjoyed in Lisbon,but, if we are all honest, it was too little, too rarely, for him to be able to thrive at this level.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]It is his natural game Pyro Pete.
I take it you didn''t watch him for Sporting?
He''s adjusting, its taking a while and the injury didn''t help. The team are also adjusting, we''ve been very very disjoined which helps no one. We''ve got no crosses coming in from one side, and crosses from Snoddy/Martin/Whittaker coming in late and more often than not too close to the GK. Your best strongest header in the box would struggle to convert most crosses coming from that side, pretty much every commentator on away game streams i''ve watched has commented on how difficult it is too score when you delay the crosses.
RVW got close a couple times, i''m sure he''s disappointed in himself he didn''t score. I still don''t understand why Hooper seemed to have got away with missing a couple easy chances since his last (fluke at that) goal. Of course he''s scored the goals. But for some reason whatever it is he''s doing is getting more fans on his side. Personally I don''t see it, when RVW came off he had a lovely burst, got the ball from deep and ran and Becchio messed up the return. But I honestly cannot remember anything noteworthy he did before then.
Bruce (I think it was him) defended very well against RVW. The amount of converted crosses is very low for us, and most teams. Wolfie will find the space, as he did against Everton from Whittakers miss hit shot. But he was, in Portugal anyway and there is no reason why he can''t convert that form (although probably not quite as prolific) to this league. And if he can''t, the signs should have been there already in all honesty and he shouldn''t have been signed.
[/quote]I think you misunderstood the point I was making.I am happy to be proved wrong, but I understood the majority of his

goals were scored with his feet.  From what I saw of his days at

Sporting is that they played the ball either into his feet or for him to

run onto.  Be it from wide areas or centrally. He can certainly head a ball, as the goal against

Everton demonstrated. But to me he looks more comfortable slipping away from a

defender on the run, rather than waiting for a

cross to come in and fighting with a centre-back to win it. Norwich

play slow attacking football, hold the ball out wide on the flanks,

allow the opposition to regroup (which also allows our midfield to reorganise defensively too) then produce high balls into our strikers who are consequently

heavily marked by two or more defenders.  From what I

have seen so far, this doesn''t suit RVW.  Alan Shearer, maybe. Peter Crouch, yes. Not our Ricky - not yet at least.Don''t get me wrong, I like the guy and think there is much more to see if we play the right way.  It''s our attacking style which starves strikers of the ball in the right areas at the right time which I dislike. 

I''m talking about the other header when he was in space with another Norwich player with him.Harry Rednaps mum would have scored

Hmm, I can''t recall him getting a clean header, I thought it kept being taken off his head by a defender.

If you mean the one when Hooper was free behind, then I''m sure it was a defender who nicked it, watching live I thought he missed but the replay showed the defender getting there.

Not all players who come to a new league or club set the world alight in there first few games its important to remember RVW has only played 13 games. Anyone else remember how long it took for Hoolahan to settle into becoming the player he has for us? There are countless examples of some of the best players finding it hard to adjust to English football. Veron, Poborsky, Forlan, Shevchenko, i could go on.