Sign in to follow this  
morty

Ayala.

Middlesborough reportedly close in completing a deal to sign him permanently.

Pity, by all accounts he has been playing very well.

Ayala always struck me as a panic buy by Lambert made when all the other Norwich defenders were injured. He always seemed to play in a fairly paniced way as well, launching into sliding tackles in the box.

Didn''t he cost about £700k? Could potentially make a profit on that.

Will be surprised if we sell given complete lack of cover without Turner being fit. He clearly has improved and highly rated at Middlesborough, unlike other posters here felt given bit more experience could be good even at Prem level

The thing that is worrying me more at the moment is that we only have 3 recognised CB''s.

Ryan Bennett, Turner, Bassong - with Martin providing emergency cover.

Come the summer at least Turner is out of contract. As it stands, he could even be talking to other clubs right now.

[quote user="chicken"]The thing that is worrying me more at the moment is that we only have 3 recognised CB''s.

Ryan Bennett, Turner, Bassong - with Martin providing emergency cover.

Come the summer at least Turner is out of contract. As it stands, he could even be talking to other clubs right now.[/quote]Which is the main reason I would have perhaps kept him on the books for now (assuming theres a recall clause on his loan)

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/esclusiva-tmw-criscitiello-lazio-norwich-trattativa-avviata-per-ciani-520975
As learned from the director of TMW Michele Criscitiello, is scheduled for the day today offensive Norwich for Lazio defender Michael Ciani. 
The negotiation between the parties is under way and may soon come to a successful conclusion.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="chicken"]The thing that is worrying me more at the moment is that we only have 3 recognised CB''s. Ryan Bennett, Turner, Bassong - with Martin providing emergency cover. Come the summer at least Turner is out of contract. As it stands, he could even be talking to other clubs right now.[/quote]

Which is the main reason I would have perhaps kept him on the books for now (assuming theres a recall clause on his loan)
[/quote]

The inital agreement was a loan until Jan (not sure exact date).

When Premier League clubs loan players they may only recall them during the transfer windows so if Norwich don''t get him back now they can''t get him back until the end of the season (assuming a new loan arrangement is made with Boro).

Ayala was injured a lot at Norwich because he''d been training in the gym incorrectly, but I think he''s over that now. Hopefully this will mean he''ll be worth a bit more when we sell him.

I thought he was a classic "young & hungry" Lambert signing when we were in the Champ.  A good player on the ball with potential but tended to make rash challenges to give away free kicks in dangerous areas, plus he spent a lot of time injured.

Last season he was loaned out to Forest where he spent a lot of time out injured and also got a lot of yellow cards for rash challenges, including two in one game which meant he was suspended.  When Forest changed their manager, he never got his place back in the team.

This season I haven''t heard much about how he''s got on at Boro, but it''s not surprising that we''re looking at bringing in a higher-calibre CB now.

He''s got a great touch, I liked him thought with a bit of time could become a good centre half.