Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Swansea are right in it....

With the rest of usYet why does nobody seem to suggest them as relegation candidates.With European commitments and the Cup....Could see them dropping down the table quite quickly

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]With the rest of usYet why does nobody seem to suggest them as relegation candidates.With European commitments and the Cup....Could see them dropping down the table quite quickly[/quote]I doubt they will be in any sort of relegation trouble come May because they look a bit better than most of the bunch. What we need from them is not to be comfortably mid table because there next four games are Fulham, WHam, Cardiff and Stoke.

Yep. I''d settle for finishing below Swansea as long as there are at least 3 teams below us, preferably more than 3. I cant dislike Swansea, at least, not like i dislike Man U, Chelsea etc. oh, and Villa.

Would you rather we play like Swansealona and currently have 21 points or play the Hughton style of rampaging football and have 25 points.

For all those taking a pop at RVW how many of you would have been in raptures had we signed Michu or Benteke last summer?

Personally hate, swansea, shouldn''t be in the perm along with cardiff (and all the other teams in the lower leagues). Their style of play was overrated when brendan rodgers was in charge, having the tactics of keep ball, never threatening the opponents goal before hoofing it up the pitch in the general direction of the striker to apply pressure on their defence, hardly like barcelona which the pundits seem to think they are trying to be like

Swansea have fallen below us because they played Man City, Man Utd, Spurs, Everton and Chelsea in their last six games.Should serve as a warning to us and our final run-in against the top teams.  Get points on the board now or suffer the consequences.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Swansea have fallen below us because they played Man City, Man Utd, Spurs, Everton and Chelsea in their last six games.Should serve as a warning to us and our final run-in against the top teams.  Get points on the board now or suffer the consequences.[/quote]

We''ve played those teams too this season and are still ahead of Swansealona.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"][quote user="Pyro Pete"]Swansea have fallen below us because they played Man City, Man Utd, Spurs, Everton and Chelsea in their last six games.Should serve as a warning to us and our final run-in against the top teams.  Get points on the board now or suffer the consequences.[/quote] We''ve played those teams too this season and are still ahead of Swansealona.[/quote]However, we haven''t played Man City, Man Utd and Spurs twice. Which it what Swansea have now done since the start of the 2nd half of the season.If Swansea fail to pick up points in their next three games against Fulham, West Ham and Cardiff then we will know they are really in it. Don''t get me wrong. I''m glad they lost today because it ensures more teams are under pressure down in the bottom half.  Just remember we might not fare any better against the top teams when our time comes.

I was about to point that out to Dr. Crafty about Swansea having played both Manchester Clubs twice and also Spurs so I can only now ask him where the 25 points he also posted previously has come from.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"][quote user="Pyro Pete"]Swansea have fallen below us because they played Man City, Man Utd, Spurs, Everton and Chelsea in their last six games.Should serve as a warning to us and our final run-in against the top teams.  Get points on the board now or suffer the consequences.[/quote]

We''ve played those teams too this season and are still ahead of Swansealona.[/quote]Not twice we haven''t.As for Swansealona, a clear case of the Newcastles from last season.  And they are certainly at risk of relegation given their position.  They have an easy run of games now (home to Fulham and Cardiff and away at Stoke and West Ham) , so we shall see if they are really in the mire.

They are also having the same problem Newcastle has last season, struggling to cope with the european cup games on Thursdays.

Personally hate, swansea, shouldn''t be in the perm along with cardiff (and all the other teams in the lower leagues). Their style of play was overrated when brendan rodgers was in charge, having the tactics of keep ball, never threatening the opponents goal before hoofing it up the pitch in the general direction of the striker to apply pressure on their defence, hardly like barcelona which the pundits seem to think they are trying to be like

I''m 100% with you I absolutely hate them and no I''m not jealous of their football or anything just never have liked the overrated idiots! We''ve not lost to them for ages but people still say there a better team lol

Swans also have 4 very winnable games coming up.They''ll be safe come may.But if Bony gets injured......................or even sold.......................

"Would you rather we play like Swansealona and currently have 21 points or play the Hughton style of rampaging football and have 25 points"

Bit of a stupid question considering we have 23 points.

wolfswinkel

I''m 100% with you I absolutely hate them and no I''m not jealous of their football or anything just never have liked the overrated idiots! We''ve not lost to them for ages but people still say there a better team lol

Sorry guys but you both sound like your jealous of Swansea. I like them. Play a good style of football on the whole. They have shown that clubs our size can compete in this league. Can win things without getting relegated. A good role model.

And please don''t start with the anti Welsh nonsense.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Watched the match yesterday. 

Swansalona? 

Bubbleburstalona more like.

[/quote]

So what do you see as the reason for that Lakey because in my book all the excuses you have offered up in defence of our shortcomings this season apply to Swansea plus of course their European games ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Watched the match yesterday.  Swansalona?  Bubbleburstalona more like.[/quote]

So what do you see as the reason for that Lakey because in my book all the excuses you have offered up in defence of our shortcomings this season apply to Swansea plus of course their European games ?

[/quote]They are being pulled apart by injuries, a weakish squad underneath the best eleven and a too congested fixture list.   Their season is possibly on the rocks because of it.   We at least are starting to come out of the injury problems (touch wood) and should be on the up, plus we don''t have any cup distractions - which this season is probably a good thing.  

Swansea home form is not good, but they did play an on form Spurs, who we have yet to play in a three game home run which might see us back in the dog fight.

We have a better chance of getting more points from our next three awa games than we do our home games, given the current form of Newcastle, Man City & Spurs!

The result on this weekend was key, the performance a damn sight better than recently seen from Norwich and now we sit in our highest position the season. The issue as always is, can Hughton now get them to push on and we keep expecting each time we get a win, or will we revert bck to type and get a 2 points from the next 6 games?

As others I am no lover of either Cardif nor Swansea, but I am sure come 6 games time if we are above them than we would have had a good run of results!

no i wouldn''t say i am jealous of them herman, at least at their style of play. If there''s an ounce of jealously, it would be the coverage they get that we don''t

[quote user="ricardo"]I doubt they will be in any sort of relegation trouble come May because they look a bit better than most of the bunch. [/quote]Well, Ricardo, you may think that, but the facts (and formbook) suggest otherwise. The table does not lie, and they are just as much in this as about 10 other sides.Frankly, they looked pretty poor when they came here, and it''s not too our credit that we failed to beat them, requiring Hooper''s wonder strike to draw level.I suspect they will struggle to amass more than 4 points from their coming four fixtures. It all comes back to the simple fact that any team (inc Norwich and Swansea) that puts together a half-decent run between now and end of Feb will almost certainly survive. and those that don''t will then be struggling till the final week of the season.

Love those that ride to the defence of Swansea haha

Love to see them failing a bit, so done sent out a tweet the other day saying the only reason Laudrup isn''t under pressure from the media is because he has confident hair lol sums it up really, right bunch of luvvies and their football is, on the whole, a soulless affair, knock it around the center backs then lump it up field.

Southampton to falter next.

I certainly take the point that Swansea have had a harder start to the second half of the season than we have and that they could well get more points out of their next few fixtures. However, the plus side is that if they do start winning again for a while they are at least taking points off those other teams around us.