Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

What was Hughtons reaction at the end of the game

Just our of curiosity, what was Hughtons reaction at the end of the game?Did he go to the players and congratulate them, did he go to the crowd and applaud them, did he look elated, or relieved, or just go down the tunnel.Just wondering as that would give an indication of the comradary he has with the players, whether they''re still behind them, and perhaps, just how much pressure behind the scenes he was under from the Board

[quote user="Samwam27"]Just our of curiosity, what was Hughtons reaction at the end of the game?Did he go to the players and congratulate them, did he go to the crowd and applaud them, did he look elated, or relieved, or just go down the tunnel.Just wondering as that would give an indication of the comradary he has with the players, whether they''re still behind them, and perhaps, just how much pressure behind the scenes he was under from the Board[/quote]

Looking negative and holding back a smile                 he supressed the urge to wave at the crowd, called in his assistant and coach to him to look make them solid and together.The three of them looked around them to check they were organised, then as they felt they would not be giving too much away, they gave a slight smile each, Trollope raised his arm but was told by the other twoto stop as it made him look too spontaneous.   Then facing the crowd they walked defensively backwards into the tunnel.  How do you think he celebrated???

He walked to the centre circle for the public execution but the executioner had left his axe at home.He then wandered slowly away with his fingers crossed and the lucky white heather and horse shoe fell out of his back pocket.[;)]

It was fist pump, under and over fist pump, then mumbled something about the lads being triffic for him ever since he got here, and they''re a good group........

What me Mr Morty?

I''m just having a light hearted response to what I felt was a provocative thread, though I may be mistaken and if I am apologies to the OP.

[quote user="Rivvo"]

What me Mr Morty?

I''m just having a light hearted response to what I felt was a provocative thread, though I may be mistaken and if I am apologies to the OP.

[/quote]Nooo, it was to the OP, sorry for the confusion.

I dont recall seeing anyone post this, but Hughton was quized on the radio (norfolk) after the match, mumbled he could name 4 players he wanted for team strengthening then added other clubs would be chasing those also, said he didnt want to lose anyone but would continue working to get 1 or 2 new players if possible...

I''m sure on the tv I saw him face the City Stand, look up and wave to someone up there. And that''s not a joke or a jibe, it was maybe his wife or something? Like a "I did it and god I feel relieved" kind of wave.

Why have a couple posters, no surprises who got a problem with the OP?

Very valid question, can''t believe much that is said in the media by Hughton or McNally, they aren''t just going to come out with the truth, so things like his reaction could tell us just how close he was to the sack, what the relationship is like with the players.

The OP didn''t say he''d lost the dressing room or anything, was simply questioning quite sensibly. I personally didn''t notice what he did and didn''t think to look at the time.

You are correct, GP, but paranoia is ugly, like the responses attacking the OP for what seemed to me to be a legitimate curiosity. I read on with my own curiosity piqued and was surprised people were taking it as an anti-Hughton thread. At least LDC''s response was witty.

Houston,

My post was out of legitimate curiosity. Every norwich fan, whether Hughton hater or not, must be glad of the win to see us up the table.

Not being at the game, I was genuinely curious what sort of reaction he gave. Whether under pressure or not (if he is, he still impressively and professionally responds to post match questions) just wanted to enquire if he showed elation or not.

No sinister reasoning behind it. But then most posts on here get mauled in some way or t''other

[quote user="Samwam27"]

Houston,

My post was out of legitimate curiosity. Every norwich fan, whether Hughton hater or not, must be glad of the win to see us up the table.

Not being at the game, I was genuinely curious what sort of reaction he gave. Whether under pressure or not (if he is, he still impressively and professionally responds to post match questions) just wanted to enquire if he showed elation or not.

No sinister reasoning behind it. But then most posts on here get mauled in some way or t''other

[/quote]What do you think?Why would he be anything other than happy to win?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Samwam27"]

Houston,

[/quote]What do you think?Why would he be anything other than happy to win?I don''t know Morty. I wasn''t there. That''s why I asked. D''huh!

[/quote]

That little wave CH gave up in to the stand that has been suggested was to his family, was actually a'' bye bye, have a safe journey''wave to Neil Lennon.