Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Quite frankly, I'd rather have Ashton than Drogba & McKenzie than Kezman!! Discuss.

Just a little thought to take our minds off the relegation war (2 more battles to win!).

I have gradually been coming to this conclusion about the relative values of these Chelsea and City strikers in recent weeks, and my view is entirely serious.

Anybody out there agree, or am I losing my judgement?

OTBC.

Definitely. Drogba looks like a drowning man - I think he''ll go under at the end of the season and may never surface again. And Kezman - the attitude but not the skill to match.

[quote]Just a little thought to take our minds off the relegation war (2 more battles to win!). I have gradually been coming to this conclusion about the relative values of these Chelsea and City strikers i...[/quote]

In revere order

Kezman is a quandary - too many goals for PSV, including in Europe to overlook completely and like our own Jonson currently looks low on confidence and lacking commitment.  He simply does not look good enough but how many strikers do when used mainly as a sub (27 times) 7 goals from 14 starts OK though.  Even I would want our won Leon over him at the moment - wouldnt mind taking him on loan to see if we can get more out of him though!  Out of form at the moment. 

Leon - superb commitment, limited ability; on fire at the moment but form is temp class remains. 7 goals in 22 starts (+13 subs) does not compare too well to either chelsea striker. 

Drogba - the bloke is harshly derided because chelsea paid well over the odds for him - is that his fault?  Yet he still has 16 goals from 30 starts this season (plus 11 sub appearances) He is built for prem football (holds ball up well, good in the air, fast & strong but only one good foot) but encouraged to fall over by the manager (remeber deco, cole etc anyone)  Like many strikers struggles alone without support ahead of a 5 man midfield, would be more effective with a partner.  I would love to see him here.  Like Crespo before him is derided by the press because of what chelsea pay him rather than his actually very good strike rate.

Ashton.  With the exception of pace he has it all; including time on his side - strong in the air, two good feet, can hold the ball up and importantly passes it very well as well has being strong.    6 goals in 14 starts for Norwich is an excellent return, has 25 goals from 41 games all season.  Bring on next season Deano

OTBC  

both drogba and kezman are completely overated. all drogba is,is an average striker and kezman, well hes just crap and the only good thing about him is that he is fast but really that just isnt anything worth having if he cant score goals

I''d go for the "losing your judgement" option. Ashton rather than Kezman at a push. But Leon? I''m just not seeing it to be honest - unless you''re talking about their credentials for championship football next season. And although Drogba may be going through a rough patch, he''s still a world class player.

Fair topic based on last night''s performances though!

Kezman''s looked like he had on his addidas breeze blocks last night. his first touch was appalling. Granted Leon isn''t blessed with a fantastic first touch, but he''s always chasing up balls he loses. Kezman just looked on wondering what time his touch was due to be sent on the park.

They were both poor yesterday evening but I haven''t seen enough of Kezman to judge. He has scored shedloads of gaols in Holland though so he can''t be that bad.

Leon needs to work on his passing and footwork a bit more then he will be a well rounded partner for Deano. I have never seen anyone harry opposition defenders quite so much as Leon, maybe since Robert Fleck used to.

I wouldn''t swap Ashton for Drogba but a strike partnership depends so much on the understanding the two players develop. So even though Leon is not Champions League standard he is starting to work very well with Deano and building his own confidence. I would only change him for someone like Henry or Rooney which of course will never happen. Leon is approaching that "second tier" of good solid strikers so no point changing unless for someone exceptional.

Slightly off-topic but wasn''t Arjen Robben absolutely crap last night!?!?!

I rate him very highly and to see his performance last night really shocked me. His first touch was awful and had virtually no impact, and didn''t take anyone on in the wide position.

Going back to the topic at hand and i think that Deano and Leon are a much better strike partnership than the chelski boys. They make a very versatile and lethal combination, and IMVHO opinion i think that in Deano we have the 4th best striker in the league behind Henry, van Horselrooy and Shearer. I think that if you was to put him in a team like Manure or Chelsea he would be very successful and would bag loads of goals. You could never tell that i rate him highly could you??....