Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

Stay of execution

Agreed. A win is welcome, and the team played with more commitment, if lacking skill.

It doesn''t change my feeling that Hughton should go. Hull were poor, allowed us 23 attempts at goal, but only three of them were directed on target, and the winner was scored by a defender!

Yep. I was pleased we got the three points even though we made awfully hard work of it and as a display it was unconvincing and lacked quality. Hull were poor (though likes they do not travel well) and you can see why we get slaughtered by the bigger sides.

I''ve never been a fair-weather fan and it is still Hughton out for me and always will be as he won''t change his negative ways.

[quote user="djc"]Eventually all sick animals need to be put out of their misery....[/quote]There''s way too many fans for that. Maybe we could give them Binner season tickets instead.

How sad - perhaps all the fans who are so negative about Citys

performances should take a ride to Portman

Roaf and watch some exciting attractive

Championship football

Bye see you

Will it still be a stay if we beat Newcastle... I''m just interested to know what your opinion would be if we went on to beat them and then Cardiff, poor old McNally will have to sit on that pink slip a little long eh?

More than a few disappointed posters on here tonight who are still waiting by the guillotine but the tumbril hasn''t turned up yet.There''s bound to be a defeat just round the corner to wind you back up again.

[quote user="Salopian"]Agreed. A win is welcome, and the team played with more commitment, if lacking skill.

It doesn''t change my feeling that Hughton should go. Hull were poor, allowed us 23 attempts at goal, but only three of them were directed on target, and the winner was scored by a defender![/quote]Who cares? sometimes they go in off the referee''s ar$e, but it will still be three points in the record books. Hull were poor and never got one shot on target. I wonder why that was? They seem to get plenty on target in other games eg Fulham.Perhaps they just had an off day or just perhaps we were better than them.

Its only a stay of execution if you personally don''t like him

for people like me (and most others i know who want hughton out) i am happy if he stays because that means we are winning games and that''s the most important thing. At the min i am still in the out camp, but would rather we took today into Newcastle and Cardiff so in/out wasn''t even a question

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Salopian"]Agreed. A win is welcome, and the team played with more commitment, if lacking skill.

It doesn''t change my feeling that Hughton should go. Hull were poor, allowed us 23 attempts at goal, but only three of them were directed on target, and the winner was scored by a defender![/quote]Who cares? sometimes they go in off the referee''s ar$e, but it will still be three points in the record books. Hull were poor and never got one shot on target. I wonder why that was? They seem to get plenty on target in other games eg Fulham.Perhaps they just had an off day or just perhaps we were better than them.[/quote]

they clearly came happy to take a draw, it was up to us to break them down. They succeeded for 85"minutes, luckily not for the full 90

I am sure late wins under lambert were celebrated rather than bemoaned??

[quote user="Salopian"]Agreed. A win is welcome, and the team played with more commitment, if lacking skill.

It doesn''t change my feeling that Hughton should go. Hull were poor, allowed us 23 attempts at goal, but only three of them were directed on target, and the winner was scored by a defender![/quote]

We only won ''cos a defender scored - Hughton Out!!

We are 12th in the table. There''s no way the board will sack Hughton now. If we lose our next game then we will still be above the bottom three and the transfer window will be pretty much shut. There certainly wouldn''t be any time for a new manager to have any influence. Bearing in mind the compensation we would have to pay out, I don''t think the board would consider it a sensible business decision.

It''s not been a great season for us, we''ve been horribly inconsistent yet there are eight teams worse off than us at the moment and I think that whilst there are at least three teams below us the board will be satisfied.

Rightly or wrongly I think the board will now stick by Hughton until at least the end of the season.

Quite so, ZLF - keeping going and getting all late (often, dare I say, not always deserved) goals under PL apparently showed us all what a great manager he was. Clearly that doesn''t work for Hughton. That they kept plugging away and finally got through is surely a good thing, but clearly not for some....

" Perhaps they just had an off day or just perhaps we were better than them "

It''s just a shame that we didn''t show the same determination and result against Fulham....

I never said I wasn''t happy we won, every win is a good one for NCFC.

I''m just not happy with Hugton at the helm.

This is my opinion and because it differs to some of yours it''s wrong is it???

We have a strong team and in my opinion I think we need new direction to get the best out of them.

It doesn''t change my feeling that Hughton should go. Hull were poor, allowed us 23 attempts at goal, but only three of them were directed on target, and the winner was scored by a defender![/quote]Or alternatively:you could say"wasn''t it great to see us get so many attempts on goal, and to see that our defenders will take the pressure off the strikers by chipping in with goals"Unfortunately, there seems to be a negative spin on everything at the moment. This cycle of negativity from fans is a little tiring.

[quote user="ricardo"]More than a few disappointed posters on here tonight who are still waiting by the guillotine but the tumbril hasn''t turned up yet.There''s bound to be a defeat just round the corner to wind you back up again. [/quote]I''m really happy that we''ve just won. I feel really quite sorry for Norwich fans who primarily see the negatives in us winning.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I am sure late wins under lambert were celebrated rather than bemoaned??[/quote]Great point! This was a Lambert win, through and through! Sometimes people forget, through the messianic haze surrounding Paul Lambert, that he liked to do things the hard way!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]This is my opinion and because it differs to some of yours it''s wrong is it??? [/quote]If someone''s opinion differs to yours they will obviously think yours is wrong.

He may not start next season but i think he is here to stay for the rest of this. The next game is 28/1 what is the point of a change now. I think yesterday was a very good performance all we need is to start turning someof these half chances into goals

5 out of the bottom 6 teams have sacked a manager this season. Be careful what you wish for.

I would argue that only Palace have really shown that their appointment that will save them from the drop - and who on here would have asked for Pulis to take over?!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]I never said I wasn''t happy we won, every win is a good one for NCFC.

I''m just not happy with Hugton at the helm.

This is my opinion and because it differs to some of yours it''s wrong is it???

We have a strong team and in my opinion I think we need new direction to get the best out of them.[/quote]With you here

[quote user="Yellow and Green"]5 out of the bottom 6 teams have sacked a manager this season. Be careful what you wish for.

I would argue that only Palace have really shown that their appointment that will save them from the drop - and who on here would have asked for Pulis to take over?![/quote]

Palace ''sacked'' Holloway ?At Cardiff the troubles were off field, whereas both Sunderland and Fulham have been on the slide for sometime - the problems go deeper.Our concern is that Hughton doesn''t cause further problems at our club and put us where Fulham and Sunderland now areWe need to act soon

[quote user="ron obvious"]I''ve got some greasepaint you can have. And a wig.[/quote]I don''t doubt you have, possible some other similar items if the truth were knownbut it is a free country

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Yellow and Green"]5 out of the bottom 6 teams have sacked a manager this season. Be careful what you wish for.

I would argue that only Palace have really shown that their appointment that will save them from the drop - and who on here would have asked for Pulis to take over?![/quote]Palace ''sacked'' Holloway ?At Cardiff the troubles were off field, whereas both Sunderland and Fulham have been on the slide for sometime - the problems go deeper.Our concern is that Hughton doesn''t cause further problems at our club and put us where Fulham and Sunderland now areWe need to act soon[/quote]

Who do you mean by "our"?   Speaking for all fans again?   Haven''t you learned yet that you are not the spokesman for the rest of us?   The main concern imo should be that we carry on building a strong squad, getting players back from injury and doing as well as we can in the rest of this most competitive of seasons.   Most people seem to accept that the manager is here to stay at least until the end of the season. The players have demonstrated with their huddle on the pitch that they are together and up for the fight  - and one or two have come out and spoken of a siege mentality against  fans who appear to be against what they and the manager are trying to do - and we are 12th in the league - and we have players coming back from injury - not to mention Gutierrez who adds some quality in midfield.  So why are you still belly aching about getting rid of CH?   You sound like a 78 record where the needle has got stuck.   Most people just want us to win matches and if CH gives us enough wins, most fans will accept that as being successful.