Sign in to follow this  
Phil Schmil

Tunnel Cam vs Hull

Great to watch. Love the kid getting a cheeky "fancy a game lads?"in during the warm up.

I know you can''t read much into it but the team seemed to be in good spirits and getting on together well.

I enjoyed that. It''d make me laugh if there was ''no studs'' rule in the corridors and all the players had to carry their boots and put them on pitchside like a bunch of schoolboys.

I think Martin is the only one who''s really captain material personality wise. Maybe Snodgrass or Ollson if he''d been here longer The rest including Bassong seem a lot quieter, more introverted, don''t really organize or take command on the pitch. Bassong is probably the best of the guaranteed starters

[quote user="Clint"]Is it me or does Bassong not look at all like captain material?[/quote]No. He looks super nervous pre-game, as do some of the others but he just doesn''t seem to carry the responsibility well.Some special greetings reserved for a couple of the Hull players from CH at the end. One was Curtis Davies, who was the other?

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Clint"]Is it me or does Bassong not look at all like captain material?[/quote]No. He looks super nervous pre-game, as do some of the others but he just doesn''t seem to carry the responsibility well.Some special greetings reserved for a couple of the Hull players from CH at the end. One was Curtis Davies, who was the other?[/quote]

Livermore (probably from his time at spurs) ....

and with the captain topic.... yeh only r.martin seemed to say anything not like the good old days of when you had the tunnel cam super sunday before they came out and you had people like viera,keano,schmeichel,ince,shearer etc really shouting getting the lads going ......

Enjoyed watching that, especially as City won.

It was good to see Capital Canaries Legend Maurice Sills get on the pitch again; 98 years young and still travelling up from London for games. He’s still keeping up with the youngsters thanks to his energy and enthusiasm for the game.

[quote user="damn that Ralph Coates"]great watch - noted at beginning that Jonas and Luciano were communicating in Spanish on their way to the warm-up....[/quote]

Yes, i spotted that - which made me realise we have two Argentine''s in the squad. I think that must be a first! And could be helpful to both Becchio and Jonas. Becchio clearly wants to be here and could be a great asset if he could get on the goal trail. But realise it''s difficult to fit him in.

[quote user="Clint"]Is it me or does Bassong not look at all like captain material?[/quote]
Have to agree with this, I wonder if the loan of Gutierrez was also done with a view of getting a good leader on the pitch.
Agree with the other posters, liking the "Tunnel Cam" it''s a really good insight.

R Martin is definitely a leader in the dressingroom and on the pitch - guess he didn''t get the captaincy as wasn''t an assured starter at the time