Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

why the "outers" cant win.....

[quote user="yellowandgreenmachine"]Jas the Barclay ring piece.

Yet another worthless thread from this moron.[/quote]

No need for this. IMO you must be mindless to post such a message.

Square peg, ,round hole. I just don''t think Hoots and Norwich City match up. I''m sure at the right club he would do a decent job but it''s not working here but there in lies the problem, what do you do? Statistically changing manager at this stage of the season would spell disaster and almost guaranteed relegation and Mcnally knows this so his hands to a certain extent are tied. I think it''s common knowledge that Mcnally has sounded out replacements for Hoots but he also knows the consequences of acting now could and probably would spell disaster. So the options are stick with it and hope we survive or act now knowing the likelihood is we''ll drop. What would you do in his shoes? It''s ok blaming Mcnally for the situation but he''s no mug and knows he has to do what he sees is best for the club to survive knowing full well that a lot of the fanbase are blinkered to the reality of the situation and simply think getting rid of Hoots is The answer.

[quote user="lake district canary"]You may not like the product at the moment, but a third season would be the time when all the squad building, team development would be most likely to come to fruition.[/quote]It''s always in the future isn''t LDC?When he came in it was Lambert''s squad and he needed time to change it and bring his own players in.A year later and he''s brought in approx 14 players overall (either loan or perm), the style of football is still the same and there''s absolutely no evidence this is going to change either.Now we''re being told to wait yet another year, as if somehow miraculously we''ll start playing completely different football and sign world class players in the summer...except we won''t, and it''s far more likely to be yet another season of the same dire football, with an improvement here and there in player quality that often won''t translate into much on the pitch because of the dire tactics and style of play.I really get the impression that you''re the sort of guy who could consistently watch the ''world paint drying championships'' and despite seeing paint dry at the same speed for the last 10 years, you''ll still be telling everyone that this year it''s going to be different...

[quote user="InchY_Van_Cureton."]Square peg, ,round hole. I just don''t think Hoots and Norwich City match up. I''m sure at the right club he would do a decent job but it''s not working here but there in lies the problem, what do you do? Statistically changing manager at this stage of the season would spell disaster and almost guaranteed relegation and Mcnally knows this so his hands to a certain extent are tied. I think it''s common knowledge that Mcnally has sounded out replacements for Hoots but he also knows the consequences of acting now could and probably would spell disaster. So the options are stick with it and hope we survive or act now knowing the likelihood is we''ll drop. What would you do in his shoes? It''s ok blaming Mcnally for the situation but he''s no mug and knows he has to do what he sees is best for the club to survive knowing full well that a lot of the fanbase are blinkered to the reality of the situation and simply think getting rid of Hoots is The answer.[/quote]I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that , had we lost v Hull, Hughton would have gone. And before the usual suspects wail "what evidence have you got ??", of course I have none. Just a gut feeling.I also agree with Inchy, above. Hughton has some good qualities, but I just do not believe that in the long term he is the right man to manage NCFC.  I also believe that the board know this, but cannot fire him as long as we remain out of the bottom 3. As Inchy says, Mc N is a smart operator, and , as with so many things in life, it''s all about balancing the pro''s with the cons. And at the moment, his judgement is that changing the manager would not ,on balance ,be beneficial. I''m not sure that it would guarantee relegation, but maybe he feels that he''d be playing with fire if he was to act just now ?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lake district canary"]You may not like the product at the moment, but a third season would be the time when all the squad building, team development would be most likely to come to fruition.[/quote]It''s always in the future isn''t LDC?I really get the impression that you''re the sort of guy who could consistently watch the ''world paint drying championships'' and despite seeing paint dry at the same speed for the last 10 years, you''ll still be telling everyone that this year it''s going to be different...[/quote]

No, I don''t watch cricket.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

Thank goodness for that as it is bad enough watching England at this moment in time without you pontificating over the current situation we are in. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

Thank goodness for that as it is bad enough watching England at this moment in time without you pontificating over the current situation we are in. [;)]

[/quote]There are parallels though Tilly.Waiting for a Norwich goal is rather like waiting for a comfortable half century innings from an England batsman.....

[quote user="yellowandgreenmachine"]You only have to look at the number of posts made by the OP to realise that he has far too much to say, yet little of it constructive. He''s an arrogant Hughton lover who isn''t in the slightest bit articulate and his viewpoints are weakly evidenced. What is strongly evidenced is just how much of a wind-up merchant he is, deliberately trying to atogonise with ridiculous posts like this one. I just tell it like it is. The guy is a ring piece and a complete post whore.[/quote]

Hahah! that has made me chuckle!

like yourself I say what I see, alot of people dont agree, thats there perogative. My posts are usually my opinion but not designed to wind up, rather than spark debate.. which I would have thought was the entire point of this message board.

I''d say Mission accomplished in that respect no?

if i was a neutral looking in, i would think the outers have a solid case first win in 9 about 10 in 40 plus dont make good reading for any manager lets forget its City for a moment and be realistic. The outers love the club as much as anybody just have different views and its the same old brigade churning out the cheap shots because people have the front to have a different view. The outers could say you are binners because you want this guys to stay and take us further down the tubes but that would be just as childish would it not.

[quote user="rowdyman"]first win in 9 about 10 in 40 plus dont make good reading for any manager.....[/quote]Last ten games.....W3  D3  L4.I guess it depends on what you''re reading ricky. [;)]

[quote user="rowdyman"]The outers love the club as much as anybody just have different views and its the same old brigade churning out the cheap shots because people have the front to have a different view. [/quote]

This makes me laugh.   I, like the rest of the minority on here who have been trying to take a more rational approach to the "in" "out" argument, have been ridiculed, insulted, sworn at, had our words twisted and meanings altered - for daring to say what I think.   

Trying to take a long view isn''t popular, I know - and I have occasionally been abrasive and confrontational too - but for a reason - to try and get people who are entrenched in  a  mindset to see that there is another side of the argument.   

Most fans  waiver and change their minds according to circumstance - which is natural and more reasonable -  but the committed outers - who are almost apoplectic in their fear of their viewpoint not holding sway - respond with vitriol and spite.  They can only see one side. Their side.

So to blame the "old brigade" for cheap shots is a bit rich imo.

Wahay everyone give "special" Jas a clap..... what a bell!!!!

If your happy with the football hooton serves up then I think that says far more about you than it does any of the "outters"

[quote user="rowdyman"]if i was a neutral looking in, i would think the outers have a solid case first win in 9 about 10 in 40 plus dont make good reading for any manager lets forget its City for a moment and be realistic. The outers love the club as much as anybody just have different views and its the same old brigade churning out the cheap shots because people have the front to have a different view. The outers could say you are binners because you want this guys to stay and take us further down the tubes but that would be just as childish would it not.[/quote]

The outers love the club just as much as anyone else.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25810077

Maybe have a read of that thread. It tells you all you need to know about how the players feel about the ''outers''. They are right behind the manager, even one such as Bennett who hasn''t played that many games.

That is why the outers can''t win, as the OP suggested - because in their noble cause to hound out the manager, all they do is damage the Club they supposedly love, and go against the playing and management staff who would do all the better with their support instead of their derision.

OTBC

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"][quote user="rowdyman"]The outers love the club just as much as anyone else.[/quote]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25810077 Maybe have a read of that thread. It tells you all you need to know about how the players feel about the ''outers''. They are right behind the manager, even one such as Bennett who hasn''t played that many games.

That is why the outers can''t win, as the OP suggested - because in their noble cause to hound out the manager, all they do is damage the Club they supposedly love, and go against the playing and management staff who would do all the better with their support instead of their derision.

OTBC[/quote]

This ^^^ [Y]

The biggest problem we have is that people are talking about our issues in terms of Hughton in and Hughton out and winning vs losing. The characters at either end if the spectrum, positive and negative, are ridiculous. The minute it becomes about personal point scoring due to differing opinions there is no time or energy left for genuine support.

Have your opinions, but don''t let them define your support.

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]

OTBC[/quote]What absolute cobblers, Beefy.Whilst I''m not denying there is a tiny minority who''ve been dead set against Hughton from the start, to suggest that all of us who''ve asked for a change are trying to ''hound out'' the manager is just plain wrong.The simple fact is that, over the course of the last few months Norwich''s performances and results have been patchy. and that''s being generous. There has been, and, as far as I''m concerned, a substantial risk that we will be relegared to the Championship come May. However you try and dress it up in the sort of hysterical language you have done above, most of us are rightly concerned by this. So it''s not a case of trying to hound out the manager as an end in itself (which is what you are implying). But, certainly, if the only way of getting an improvement in form is to change manager, then it''s a perfectly legitimate means to that end.

[quote]Nigel''s Nut''s....Wahay everyone give "special" Jas a clap..... what a bell!!!!

If your happy with the football hooton serves up then I think that says far more about you than it does any of the "outters"[/quote]

Knew you''d pop up on this one somewhere Dave.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Beefy is a legend"]

OTBC[/quote]What absolute cobblers, Beefy.Whilst I''m not denying there is a tiny minority who''ve been dead set against Hughton from the start, to suggest that all of us who''ve asked for a change are trying to ''hound out'' the manager is just plain wrong.The simple fact is that, over the course of the last few months Norwich''s performances and results have been patchy. and that''s being generous. There has been, and, as far as I''m concerned, a substantial risk that we will be relegared to the Championship come May. However you try and dress it up in the sort of hysterical language you have done above, most of us are rightly concerned by this. So it''s not a case of trying to hound out the manager as an end in itself (which is what you are implying). But, certainly, if the only way of getting an improvement in form is to change manager, then it''s a perfectly legitimate means to that end.[/quote]

What on earth is hysterical about that?  Fairly accurate statement imo.   There has been some very forceful and unpleasant stuff on the other side here recently that I would call far more hysterical  - to the extent that some of the more mindless idiots even talk of wanting us to lose matches. It isn''t rocket science to see that some people will take a general agreement that things need to improve and take it over the top.   Of course it is only a few that are taking it beyond what is sensible, but those that have been so vociferous in their campaign to get the manager to go are the ones that need to think about the effect they are having - as some will take it as a sign to take action, as in the "Hughton out"  banner at Fulham.   Beefy has a point imo. 

Having seen several of your posts on here Reggie, you have certainly had your share of ''forceful and unpleasant'' stuff as LDC rightly says.

You may not be one of them Reggie, I have no idea, but there are plenty of ''outers'' who have been banner waving, booing, and wishing the team to lose. It is those to whom my comment is directed.

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]Having seen several of your posts on here Reggie, you have certainly had your share of ''forceful and unpleasant'' stuff as LDC rightly says.

You may not be one of them Reggie, I have no idea, but there are plenty of ''outers'' who have been banner waving, booing, and wishing the team to lose. It is those to whom my comment is directed.[/quote]I defy you to to find any posting of mine that is a, unpleasantb, hystericalc, made upAs I said in my first post there are undoubtedly a very small minority who just have never accepted Hughton. The very fact that you can recognise one (yes ONE) banner at the Fulham match proves that. For my part, I''ve never booed, held up banners nor shouted Hughton Out  ...EVER. And I resent the implication that I have. I''ll concede that I am at times forceful, but hey , is that not  a trait in many posters on here (and, in the right circumstances, a positive one  ?)I maintain that those of us who want the club to make changes are perfectly entitled to our opinion, and to suggest that we are making stuff up and running down the club/fans is puerile. But then we expect that sort of thing from those culprits, don''t we ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Beefy is a legend"]Having seen several of your posts on here Reggie, you have certainly had your share of ''forceful and unpleasant'' stuff as LDC rightly says.

You may not be one of them Reggie, I have no idea, but there are plenty of ''outers'' who have been banner waving, booing, and wishing the team to lose. It is those to whom my comment is directed.[/quote]I defy you to to find any posting of mine that is a, unpleasantb, hystericalc, made upAs I said in my first post there are undoubtedly a very small minority who just have never accepted Hughton. The very fact that you can recognise one (yes ONE) banner at the Fulham match proves that. For my part, I''ve never booed, held up banners nor shouted Hughton Out  ...EVER. And I resent the implication that I have. I''ll concede that I am at times forceful, but hey , is that not  a trait in many posters on here (and, in the right circumstances, a positive one  ?)I maintain that those of us who want the club to make changes are perfectly entitled to our opinion, and to suggest that we are making stuff up and running down the club/fans is puerile. But then we expect that sort of thing from those culprits, don''t we ?[/quote]

Nice straw man argument Reggie. I have never said that you aren''t entitled to your opinion, and I never said you were making anything up.

You are running down the Club though, by definition in your criticism. You have certainly given some vitriolic opinions on CH and when I find the appropriate posts I will add them to this thread.

Unless Hughton drops us into the bottom three, I can''t see McNally sacking him.I can see him quietly sounding out people to see if they''d be interested the job though. Neil Lennon is unlikely to get any further investment at Celtic, and after being in the Champions League two years running, may want to cut his teeth in the premiership.But like Michael Laudrup, no serious manager is going to move mid-season.

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]

Nice straw man argument Reggie. I have never said that you aren''t entitled to your opinion, and I never said you were making anything up.

You are running down the Club though, by definition in your criticism. You have certainly given some vitriolic opinions on CH and when I find the appropriate posts I will add them to this thread.[/quote]You know precisely what I''m getting at Beefy, so don''t come all the innocent.My statement was a general observation. There are too many people on your side of the ''divide'' who are alleging vitriol, invention, and ''running the club down'', without a shred of evidence. Criticising the management is not the same thing as denigrating the club, and the sooner you and your friends learn to recognise that distinction the sooner we''ll all be able to move on in a positive fashion.

Can I just say that after 4 pages a big thank you to Jas for helping to keep this pointless bickering going. [:(]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Can I just say that after 4 pages a big thank you to Jas for helping to keep this pointless bickering going. [:(][/quote]Tend to agree Tilly, and I accept that I''ve been part of the bickering, but when people come on here  spouting complete and utter hogwash , such as saying a large group are trying to "hound the manager out", plus related nonsense, someone, somewhere needs to show them what rubbish they are talking......

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Beefy is a legend"]

You are running down the Club though, by definition in your criticism. You have certainly given some vitriolic opinions on CH and when I find the appropriate posts I will add them to this thread.[/quote]You know precisely what I''m getting at Beefy, so don''t come all the innocent.My statement was a general observation. There are too many people on your side of the ''divide'' who are alleging vitriol, invention, and ''running the club down'', without a shred of evidence. Criticising the management is not the same thing as denigrating the club, and the sooner you and your friends learn to recognise that distinction the sooner we''ll all be able to move on in a positive fashion.[/quote]

It''s simply not true to say that there is no evidence. Waving around ''Hughton Out'' banners, booing substitutions and some of the abuse on here, which I''ve noticed lately as stretched as far as McNally, Delia and MWJ, is running the Club down. Hughton is part of the Club, in place due to decisions made by the board. Criticising him is criticising them, and that is by definition running the Club down.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Can I just say that after 4 pages a big thank you to Jas for helping to keep this pointless bickering going. [:(][/quote]

Tend to agree Tilly, and I accept that I''ve been part of the bickering, but when people come on here  spouting complete and utter hogwash , such as saying a large group are trying to "hound the manager out", plus related nonsense, someone, somewhere needs to show them what rubbish they are talking......
[/quote]

There are no winners in this Reg. Whoever thought up this Inners and Outers divide making it all look so black and white, right or wrong or whatever has a lot to answer for. We have had almost two weeks now of people starting threads going over the same old sh ite trying to make a somewhat half arsed point. Some posters really are making themselves look stupid whether they want Hughton to go or stay. Mind you in my humble opinion it is those who start these ridiculous threads that are the worst offenders.

14/01/2014, 10:05 PM

Reggie Strayshun is not online. Last active: 26/08/2013 12:42:57 Reggie Strayshun

Top 500 Posts

Joined on 18/04/2006

Posts 1,878

Re: What are the board waiting for ?

Reply Quote

Up till now I''ve stood by the board. They have done a pretty good job.

But I really am beginning to lose faith in them in the same way I did in Hughton.

Really not interested in Ricardo''s post sacking performance studies.

They must sack Hughton NOW.

Nothing to lose.

15/01/2014, 9:09 AM

Reggie Strayshun is not online. Last active: 26/08/2013 12:42:57 Reggie Strayshun

Top 500 Posts

Joined on 18/04/2006

Posts 1,878

Re: What are the board waiting for ?

Reply Quote

ricardo wrote:

Should we win than I think the saga will go on.

Precisely the reason, Ricardo, why some of the more switched-on of us were calling for CH''s removal after the Anfield fiasco. Most of us could see the way the wind was blowing long before then. Someone, yesterday (think it was Tilly) said words to the effect of that he''d seen these sort of scenarios before , can tell when something smells rotten in the club, and he''s getting a distinct whiff of that this season. I am in the same boat as him, and know exactly what he''s getting at. I know you are a man for the "statistic", but this is just a gut feeling, and something, somewhere really does feel ill at ease within NCFC. you only neededfto watch last night''s excuse for a display (and, frankly, that at Everton, ) to see that.

Once again we find ourselves on the horns of a dilemma,. Lose to Hull and I''m confident we''ll get some positive moves from on high. But that would mean the loss of yet another 3 pts. Points that we can ill afford to lose. As someone else has said this morning. "Rock and a Hard Place".......

Just a couple of posts I''ve traced Mr Strayshun. In the first I see that you''ve lost faith in the board and say, on 14th Jan, that they must sack Hughton now! Running the Club down?

In the second post, I see that whilst in this thread you''ve suggested that I have a lack of evidence, you''ve asserted a ''rotten smell'' from the Club, based on ''a gut feeling''.

Not the scientific method then...