Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

Norwich in advanced talks with ciani from lazio

Indeed rather interestingly it''s the non- English sites circulating this...suggesting it wasn''t a bored city fan having a wind up. Seen that he''s feature 10 times in the league for lazio this season and picked up 5 yellows...might be a bit of a beast!

He looks like Dion Dublin double . Saw a few vids of him but i dont think you can go by those but who knows all signings are a risk but we sure do need another defender with only 2 fit center half''s.

[quote user="martin peters boots "]He looks like Dion Dublin double . Saw a few vids of him but i dont think you can go by those but who knows all signings are a risk but we sure do need another defender with only 2 fit center half''s.
[/quote]

Not worth bringing in someone unless they are clearer better than either Bassong or Turner - I don''t think Ciani is that player.

Very tough to bring in good quality in January, prices are inflated and clubs won''t let their best players go. Get a loan in until the summer, then buy in a favourable market.

we will see what happen''s look''s like a player in our budget, if we do sign him i will back him.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Well I wont get a boner about this one until we hear from PHGM or CUSDP. Or he''s at least spotted in Asda. Bad parking outside the ground optional...[/quote]
I saw Dave Carolan in Morrisons, does that count?

[quote user="ncfc2012"]According to Italian and French media, good solid defender, would be great addition to squad[/quote]The French media as well? I can''t see anything in L''Equipe at the moment.

Only seen him play few times in Europa league, but have nothing to say about him.

Most likely it is only wind up from Garrido transfer, but he is experienced defender who probably is somewhere near at level of Turner.

So not exactly ugrade in my opinion, but could be decent option for getting more squad depth.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]As a Serie A follower - he isn''t very good.[/quote]

he should fit in well then. :-)

I''ve seen him a few times he''s ok, I personally think he''s a slight upgrade to be honest.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Is he better than Ayala?[/quote]

Yes, but Norwich shouldn''t be spending money replacing players deemed not good enough - focus should be on bringing in players to improve the first team not the subs bench.

Surely the yawning gap in our squad is the CM that can pass and defend rather than either/or.  This has been obvious all year and I quite atonished that we have not had a target for this position lined up towards the start rather than the end of the window

Agreed, and ideally every signing we make should be our best player in that position. But if he''s of a similar level to the others and better than a squad player we''re likely to be releasing, who knows what a bit of healthy competition might bring. Might get the best out of Bassong, and if it does that it will be money well spent

I''m not sure if we''d be after another central defender who''s older than late twenties, unless it was a loan. Turner has just turned 30 and Bassong will be 28 shortly after the present season ends, so maybe we''d be looking for someone with fewer miles on the clock?

Le Canari Pourpre écrit :

"The French media as well? I can''t see anything in L''Equipe at the moment."

You live in Guernsey and I claim my 5 pounds. :-)

Ciani is a tough and reliable centre back, though one that would not automatically command a centre back berth. He knows his job and is more comfortable on the ball than Turner, though a settling in period would mitigate against any kind of instant impact and I would not think he is identified as a long term investment. The source on the this is more National Enquirer than Guardian and reports are that "it is due to happen". This is not an illogical link and Ciani would be sold for a reasonably low offer. This is smoke so far and I would expect it be someone who was scouted and value-for-money back up.

Not awful business, but not close to Alderweireld or Ranocchia level.

[quote user="DEB"]

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.lalaziosiamonoi.it/mercato/norwich-su-ciani-pronti-25-milioni-di-euro-per-strappare-il-sa-biancoceleste-40781&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dciani%2Bnorwich%26sa%3DX%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D623%26tbs%3Dqdr:h

[/quote]

"it would be a cost-effective proposal, since Ciani - not an unmovable

on the chessboard Reja - two summers ago was bought for 1.3 million

euro."

Well, I''m glad he has not been an unmovable on the cheeseboard. Whatever that means.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="DEB"]

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.lalaziosiamonoi.it/mercato/norwich-su-ciani-pronti-25-milioni-di-euro-per-strappare-il-sa-biancoceleste-40781&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dciani%2Bnorwich%26sa%3DX%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D623%26tbs%3Dqdr:h

[/quote]

"it would be a cost-effective proposal, since Ciani - not an unmovable on the chessboard Reja - two summers ago was bought for 1.3 million euro."

Well, I''m glad he has not been an unmovable on the cheeseboard. Whatever that means.

[/quote]

Cheeseboard? Its a sign!

[quote user="DEB never forgotten"]

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/norwich-city-fc-set-to-complete-signing-of-french-international-45448

[/quote]

Well if Winner Sports, Lalazio and Lazalita all say it''s happening it must be true...

Or maybe they are all just rehashing the one report from Tutto Mercato - a name of no-repute.

Strange how not one credible source in Italy or France has made any mention of this, just two-bit, hit desperate websites.

Nothing to see here.

30 in April and from what little I read another squad player, not one any better than Turner or Bassong, slow by all accounts.

But I suppose we need cover and it looks like we either have a tight budget, the board don''t want to spend too big this window or the better quality players don''t want to come.

Gutierrez did better than I anticipated so who knows, let''s see if true but another non event signing, not youth or high class, just journeymen pro by the looks of it!