Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Howson

This morning on the podcast Michael Bailey reported that he had met Jonny Howson, and that the latter seemed to be walking without too much difficulty.

The Tunnel cam seemed to bear this out, as Howson was revealed in the stand, coming back to the changing room at half time and again at full time. I had interruptions while watching, but it seemed to be him.

I don''t know how well he was walking when he was first laid off, perhaps no worse than he is now, but Bailey suggested that there is no question of an operation. So, fingers crossed, perhaps we do not have long to wait now. I think that he has been sorely missed, and certainly a reason for the poor performances over several games.

I''ve had several back injuries over time.

During healing I can bike before I can walk, and run better than I can walk.

But at soon as I play football it will go again. If it is a back issue it could just simply be taking time to get it to heal. Better to make a full recovery than simply keep missing out.

Besides with Tettey asking for a comeback, and BJ performing well in the past few games - we can''t be too greedy

If he has back injury no surprise he is walking just fine. It just doesnt mean he is anywhere near ready. Only Time will tell

Warren,

I think you may have missed the point of Paul''s post, you typed Houghton and not his actual surname, Hughton.

I think Paul''s reply was meant to be humorous.

Tonight, on conspiracy files.

Howson, the "bad back" and the grassy knoll

Appearances on back injuries can be deceptive;   the key is to get Howson back safely without aggrevating his injury;  not sure I put much by him apparently not being at the training ground for 2 weeks.

The quicker he is back the better. 

Always a bit concerned when ''injured '' players are reported on in the vaguest terms by the club. I appreciate that they do not always want to be too specific, but when you get statements talking of ''tests'', ''assessments'' and ''we''re monitoring the situation'', is it any wonder that fans start to wonder if either the injury is worse than admitted, or there is more to the absence than meets the eye.There is no doubt that our midfield looks a more cohesive unit when JH is in (and playing in his most effective position) so, lets just hope that the club are merely being cautious, and not rushing him back more quickly than is good for him.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Yes he is. And what is more I think he''ll still be here come the end of the season.

In Houghton We Trust!![/quote]

Then learn to spell his name correctly,ask your class teacher tomorrw